• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Yeah it's phrased really specifically, but I dunno how accurate the translation is until the Viz translation comes out.

I think the important bit is that he needs to "match his gaze with theirs", but what does that mean? He needs to literally look into their eyes? That makes the most sense, but I'unno.

Jarmel

Banned
Nighteye's quirk isn't really that good but it serves as a hard counter for types like Deku. Shouto for example would be having no problems.

caliph95

Nighteye's quirk isn't really that good but it serves as a hard counter for types like Deku. Shouto for example would be having no problems.

Considering Stain was able to dodge and tag todoroki i wouldn't say no problems especially when you can predict your opponents moves.

Philippo

Deku's gonna smart his way out of the situation, brute force won't help here.

And yeah, they're totally setting up some clash between Izuku and Mirio.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I suppose if Deku can move fast enough it would be possible to just overcome Sir's reflexes and speed and take it from him that way but I don't Deku is at that level yet.

cntr

Banned
"MY QUIRK, [EPITAPH], IS INVINCIBLE!"
And yeah, they're totally setting up some clash between Izuku and Mirio.
I dunno. Knighteye's going to be comparing them for sure, but Mirio or Deku don't seem the kind of people to resent each other like that
I'm sure we'll learn more later but how it's described in this chapter seems really OP. Letting Sir Nighteye have that kind of tactical knowledge for a full hour is like Eraserhead without the dry eyes. Horikoshi's really good at balancing quirks for the most part so the fact that "gaze" and "see" were emphasized in the quirk description must mean something. Maybe if Sir Nighteye's glasses get knocked off it interrupts his quirk.
ok, cross-checked what exactly the Japanese dialogue says

While Knighteye is looking into your eyes, he knows what you're planning to do. But he can only do that for the hour after he touches you, and he'd need to touch you again to do it again.

Philippo

I dunno. Knighteye's going to be comparing them for sure, but Mirio or Deku don't seem the kind of people to resent each other like that

Oh np, they're clearly good-willed boys and will probably end up being friends, but i wonder how would Mirio react when he eventually finds out he was supposed to be All Might's heir but then a kid apparently less suited gets chosen over you.

ok, cross-checked what exactly the Japanese dialogue says

While Knighteye is looking into your eyes, he knows what you're planning to do. But he can only do that for the hour after he touches you, and he'd need to touch you again to do it again.

So there needs to be direct eye contact? I mean, if Deku turns his back to Sir his Quirk would be disabled?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Oh np, they're clearly good-willed boys and will probably end up being friends, but i wonder how would Mirio react when he eventually finds out he was supposed to be All Might's heir but then a kid apparently less suited gets chosen over you.

So there needs to be direct eye contact? I mean, if Deku turns his back to Sir his Quirk would be disabled?

Or he just closes his eyes

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If it takes the requirement that a person hired at his agency has to be able to contribute something, how did Bubbles get hired?

cntr

Banned
I think it's like, the moment he looks into your eye at any time during that one hour period, he knows what you're thinking.

so you'd have to fight him without opening your eyes at all.
If it takes the requirement that a person hired at his agency has to be able to contribute something, how did Bubbles get hired?
as an aside, he mentioned that he has two sidekicks, and there's another fan character coming up, right?
Clearly her underboobs is important to society.
I think Horikoshi tried to avoid showing the underboob this chapter, lol

Underboobs are a treasure that should be protected tooth and nail.

DqjliC7.png

This ends with him failing to get the stamp but making Nighteye laugh.

Normally, I'd agree, but I think that after getting beat by Bakugou and Mirio we're due for him to demonstrate his skills.

I think he makes him laugh, somehow, and uses the opportunity to grab the stamp.

SalvaPot

Yeah, no way Deku is winning this one with strength, but I can see that mat on the wall they mentioned be useful. I would take it, put it under Sir and try to make him trip with it, but Sir will avoid stepping on it because its so valuable.

What's up guys. I've been gone a bit because of school and Nioh (fabulous game, you should all play it). Just read this week and last week's chapter and it was awesome. So just as suspected, Mirio was in fact in line to succeed All Might. I wonder if he knows anything about it.

cntr

Banned
checking out what happened in the latest (untranslated) mha smash chapter:

they go to a theme park, and everyone completely loses track of Ojiro because he's so plain looking they thought they lost him despite him being with them the whole time. amazing.

checking out what happened in the latest (untranslated) mha smash chapter:

they go to a theme park, and everyone completely loses track of Ojiro because he's so plain looking they thought they lost him despite him being with them the whole time. amazing.

Lol, savage.

mdubs

Banned
I hope that Sir Nighteye ends up telling Deku about the old days, which segues into a flashback of All Might prime fighting All-for-One.

I need to see that fight.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Unless their relationship has gotten good enough that Bakugou is either happy for Deku or gets fired up, he's going to be so pissed and jelly that he's going to intern with All Might's previous sidekick. 😂

cntr

Banned
Bakugou'll be like Vegeta, perpetually angry about his supposedly inferior rival getting ahead of him, but not to the point where he actually hates him

...the more I think about this, the more sense it makes

It's like the bells test in Naruto, Deku will get it by distracting Sir somehow, either by making him laugh or talking about All Might.

Bowl0l

It's like the bells test in Naruto, Deku will get it by distracting Sir somehow, either by making him laugh or talking about All Might.
Deku is going to read out spoilers of Icha2 Paradise? Or share an intimate photo of All Might? Or exploit Sir Nighteye weakness (probably his quirk only can see the target's actions but not the effect of his actions e.g. the ceiling collapsed)

Yeah, seems that they want back and touched up for the blu-rays. Apparently production issues really were a thing which is why the show looked so bad or generic sometimes. Specifically you can see it in Face McHands' intro scene. The difference is pretty stark.

cntr

Banned
specifically, that clip of Iida carrying the fake bomb that looks really good, but which I've never seen before

also link to the updated Shigaraki face?

Top Bottom