• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

I wanted to point out how goddamn good Yuki Hayashi is at creating an epic main theme and then scaling it up to become even more epic with each successive season (fans of Haikyu!! know this well).

Main epic theme from Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCp9knOnII

Season 2 version (listen in the background): https://youtu.be/dr6vqLPeGXI?t=27s

So bless, I am ready

Oh yea that season 2 version is absolutely outstanding! SEASON 2! GIMME!
------------------------------
Horikoshi is the best! My boy Deku looking AWESOME here.
148b933edcec9f72b2bac4b432e4793c.jpg

The part when he missed the form made me chuckle for some reason. Otherwise, actually hoping Midoriya fails but ends up passing and getting to work under him just due to passion and determination and creativity.

Nightbird

The next season needs to end with chapter 57.

I remember being so damn hyped to see all those new villain designs, i bet anime-onlys will be too, especially if Bones decides to expand that last page a bit more

cntr

Banned
I'd want them to go all the way to the Kamino Ward, but that's probably not going to happen

also announce a Toonami run of both S1 and S2, pls.

Ascheroth

Season 2 will probably end with that scene, but they'll rearrange things to include a few more chapters after

Do we know how long season 2 will be? I think I remember it was said to be 2 cour, but I'm not sure if that was official or just speculation.
I'm not sure if the pacing would be good spreading out ~40 chapters over ~24 episodes.

cntr

Banned
i hope you guys already know that season 2 will be broadcast one 5 minute episode a month in a special visual format that only allows it to be viewed on a CRT

mdubs

Banned
I will love the anime all the way, but I desperately want to see All Might vs. All for One animated. Chapter 93 is a beautiful thing

Philippo

Oni please! let me dream!

If it were 2 cour, it would reach All Might vs AfO no?

I think S2 will still be 1 cour, then a two-cour S3.

S2 (13 eps): Sport festival arc / Stain arc
S3 (13 + 8-13) eps: Training camp arc / Bakugou rescue arc

I will love the anime all the way, but I desperately want to see All Might vs. All for One animated. Chapter 93 is a beautiful thing

United States of Smash is going to be Anime Scene of the Year 201X.

cntr

Banned
the Sports Festival is still the longest arc in the entire series, and it's even longer in the volume release

...though it's like 23 chapters.

cntr

Banned
deku/ochako and hagakure/ojiro are the only ships that're effectively guaranteed at the moment, imo.

the rest could go either way

cntr

Banned
Somehow i doubt it will ever happen but we have positive trans characters though they were mostly side characters so one can hope
yeah i'm sure Horikoshi himself would be alright with it, but Shueisha ain't that cool

maybe the execs will go look at Yuri on Ice and get convinced by money

cntr

Banned
you know how Horikoshi does this thing where he sets up a really trope-y obvious cliche and then goes "nope!", like when Bakugou got kidnapped but didn't betray anybody

Todoroki/Momo and Jirou/Kaminari feel exactly like that, something cliche that's being set up to not happen

could go either way tho, but I'm not putting my money on them just yet.

caliph95

you know how Horikoshi does this thing where he sets up a really trope-y obvious cliche and then goes "nope!", like when Bakugou got kidnapped but didn't betray anybody

Todoroki/Momo and Jirou/Kaminari feel exactly like that, something cliche that's being set up to not happen

could go either way tho, but I'm not putting my money on them just yet.

Jirou and Kaminari seems more like friends tbh. Though i can't wait Momo to get with i don't know mineta and/or Jirou and watch the disappointed shippers.

todo & momo went on a date in that drama cd or LN thing itsHappening.gif

Well damn really

Puruzi

Banned
Deku and Ochako is the only one that needs to happen.

I'm also completely down for Deku+Toga because Toga's the greatest.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Todoroki: Your yukata has a nice smell. (Here Todoroki says it neutrally like ‘your yukata has a smell’ but he implies that it’s a nice smell)

Yaoyorozu: OH…thank you very much! From looking at the other girls’ yukata, I decide to make one myself.

Mistranslation or is Todoroki a pervert?

Top Bottom