• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Seesaw15

This chapter really is a testament to how good of a draftsman Horikoshi is. If I hadn't seen Black Clover I would have thought most of the roughness was intentional.Especially how the lack of polish really added to the "Oh shit things are getting serious" nature of the last double page spread. Legit scared.
Ge2WpMB.png

Ascheroth

Yeah, that was clearly unfinished at points, with sketchy character art and noticeably missing backgrounds.
Content itself was great though. Really liked the way the Nighteye situation was resolved and Bubble Girl is growing on me.
And I'm starting to believe Dekus inborn quirk is 'Villain Magnet' or something along the lines :p
End was hyyyyype.

apparently, Jump pushed up their deadlines? or something like that.

so all the releases this week might be unfinished.
...Why would they do that without giving the mangaka time to properly adjust.

great chapter.
hope the sketches isnt because of horis health.

and yeah his sketches are still great.
1 or 2 pages look like the type of sketching he uses for his twitter drawings.
hype at the end

caliph95

great chapter.
hope the sketches isnt because of horis health.

and yeah his sketches are still great.
1 or 2 pages look like the type of sketching he uses for his twitter drawings.
hype at the end

The sketch thing seem to be a jump thing so he is probably fine.

Overhaul has a sister and can't wait to see how this pan out.

Does overhaul go outside normally with the plague doctor mask or is this right after the meeting or a meeting.

Nightbird

Yeah, the unfinished art was really weird, although it was fitting on the last page.

And in the usual MHA way of things, it went from 0 to 100 pretty fucking fast

Philippo

I love how we all had immediaty flashbacks of Togashi lol

Anyway, didn't really liked the chapter: Nighteye saying he already made up his mind about hiring Deku killed all the mood about him not recognising him (although he's still not doing that). And Deku did nothing too special, outside of being well cautious of the surroundings and respectful of All Might to an insane degree. But i guess it was too early to show someone breaking through Nighteye's Quirk.

And that ending is too forced, like, we're already there?

Those personalized bubbles were amazing tho.

cntr

Banned
I liked the chapter, but yeah it did seem a bit fast. Wonder if there were any cut pages? I know the Sports Festival had a few pages cut from it that were included in the volume release, and that was with a normal deadline.

Ascheroth

I liked the chapter, but yeah it did seem a bit fast. Wonder if there were any cut pages? I know the Sports Festival had a few pages cut from it that were included in the volume release, and that was with a normal deadline.
Wait, the sports festival has extra pages? :O
I should probably start actually reading the volumes :p
Not that I would be able to pinpoint those extra pages though, probably.

cntr

Banned
Yeah there's a bunch of extra pages. Like e.g., the Kaminari vs. Shiozaki battle being expanded to two pages from a few panels.

Ascheroth

I love how plage doctor doesn't give a single fuck at the end.
Will things escalate?
Will it end with a 'friendly talk'?
Will Deku acquire a new harem member?
Lol

Please be excited for the next chapter of Hero x Hunter.

Bowl0l

With Mirio's powers, the author can simply make him switch costumes because he conveniently loose them during his hero duty.
This will not be Mirio's only costume.

Based on the bandages, Eri could be Overhaul's weapon or his family (Eri has similar quirk with Overhaul)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've been buying the physical volume releases but would love if they'd give a digital copy with them. Sometimes the volume releases are just too small too appreciate the art, especially when I have an iPad Pro.

I have to imagine there is a problem with them putting a code in a book that sits on a bookshelf, but something like what Amazon does where if you buy a physical book you sometimes get the e-book for free would be amazing.

Big One

Banned
Chapter was rough this week but really enjoy the direction the arc is going. I'm glad Deku is finally going on hero escapades officially.

I'm actually surprised by how quickly he started the internship. Like, same fucking chapter. I shouldn't be considering the normal pacing of this manga but it still surprised me a bit.

Like, "And so my internship started...right now! HERE'S THE GUY WE WERE LOOKING FOR 3 SECONDS IN"

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned around and called back to Knighteye and Bubble Girl because they had just split up five seconds earlier.

cntr

Banned
thinking about it

I'm putting my money on Eri being a plant, maybe even Overhaul's kid? He's going to give her off to Deku and Mirio, and use her somehow to mess up Knighteye's plans.

Would explain how convenient the meeting is!

cntr

Banned
I'm actually surprised by how quickly he started the internship. Like, same fucking chapter. I shouldn't be considering the normal pacing of this manga but it still surprised me a bit.
Most manga slow down around now, and I was expecting MHA to do the same

...guess that's not happening, lol

cntr

Banned
hey SalvaPot, if you want to hold another contest for the first post, "Is the Overhaul arc going to be longer than the Sports Festival arc?" would be pretty good

cntr

Banned
Hmm... Black Clover and MHA are both getting animes soon, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Also the more I think about it, the more it feels like this chapter really was streamlined because of the deadline issues. The series is fast paced, but the whole thing's a lot more abrupt than usual.

Hmm... Black Clover and MHA are both getting animes soon, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Also the more I think about it, the more it feels like this chapter really was streamlined because of the deadline issues. The series is fast paced, but the whole thing's a lot more abrupt than usual.

I thought horikoshi recent comment said he had been spending time at the anime studio or something.

cntr

Banned
YOU KNOW, people said Overhaul's introduction where he met Shigaraki was very Hunter x Hunter. And so was this chapter.

lol

Trojita

C5VBtuUUMAEziPi.jpg:large

Since GAF now resizes all large pictures based on the size of your web browser window, should I quote this or not?

Trojita

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit.

The translation for that one line isn't

One for All is transferred according to the will of its possessor.

This employment, aimed at making me give up.

It's

One for All transfers according to the will of the its bearer

So he's hiring me in order to make me give it up.

The implication is totally different. Nighteye is currently throwing Deku into the pro world (which Nighteye even said would be defying All Might) to make Deku see that he doesn't deserve the power. He expects Deku to realize he isn't suited for this power previously held by the No. 1 Hero and pass it off to someone more "worthy", according to Nighteye, willingly.

TLDR: Nighteye is hiring Deku to make him lose faith and willingly pass All For One to someone Nighteye considers better like Mirio.

Good chapter. Art was definitely rushed, but they did a good job using the layouts to hide most of it, making the roughest images be either from a distant vantage, or a low-detail panel by nature (there's one that's just Nighteye's back, for instance). Establishing shots are all still high detail, and so are most face closeups. If he was working around a deadline, I've got to commend him and his team for knowing how to prioritize.

And damn, that ending! MHA literally does not know how to take it slow.

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit.

The translation for that one line isn't

It's

The implication is totally different. Nighteye is currently throwing Deku into the pro world (which Nighteye even said would be defying All Might) to make Deku see that he doesn't deserve the power. He expects Deku to realize he isn't suited for this power previously held by the No. 1 Hero and pass it off to someone more "worthy", according to Nighteye, willingly.

TLDR: Nighteye is hiring Deku to make him lose faith and willingly pass All For One to someone Nighteye considers better like Mirio.

Wow, that's a pretty dramatically different angle on it. Also a very interesting one. Nighteye playing the long game.

Veelk

Banned
And damn, that ending! MHA literally does not know how to take it slow.

I'm starting to see this more and more as a detriment. Not a large one, but I do wish they'd have a period of "sit and smell the roses sort of thing". It'd be cool to have one more conversation with Mirio before Overhaul arrived or something.

More broadly, I just want to learn more about the tertiary characters. We already don't get too much time with Class A's other classmates. Giving the series a little bit of breathing room to develop them further would be nice.

Top Bottom