• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

NSESN

I agree that the story feel strange. But I don't think it is because it was done in the spin-off. A stain backstory would never live up to expectations, so while I think it would be better if they didn't make it, it is better lose chapter from the spin-off than the main manga.
I also think there is the problem that a lot of spin-offs have. You don't use main characters and it feels less important, but if you do use it it feels strange. To not have this problem I just consider canon the things I like.

The chapter itself was pretty good tho. I liked the way Knuckle was able to win and the thing about the kendo. The only bad thing was the part with Pop and the spiky guy, please don't force it.

Yeah, I'm kinda starting to treat Illegals as fanfiction at this point.
I don't really like that origin story for Stain at all. I feel like this completely undermines his 'charisma' and 'resolve' in the main story, he's basically presented as a babbling lunatic here.

But he is a babbling lunatic murderer in the manga.

kirblar

If they're doing spinoffs they're probably better off doing something like "My Hero America" and having it be near-completely disconnected.

You guys are thinking too small.

The 3rd ranked hero is finally revealed as a tokusatsu style guy with Kamen Rider esque powers and costume, and their absence in the series so far is explained when they're revealed as a gruff muscly American weeaboo whose knowledge of spoken Japanese comes entirely from stock phrases from anime and pop culture, so they never talk to anybody or team up with other heroes.

The 3rd ranked hero is finally revealed as a tokusatsu style guy with Kamen Rider esque powers and costume, and their absence in the series so far is explained when they're revealed as a gruff muscly American weeaboo whose knowledge of spoken Japanese comes entirely from stock phrases from anime and pop culture, so they never talk to anybody or team up with other heroes.

I'd be ok with this. Although they'd technically be the number 2 hero now

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Is MHA stealing from Reflection!?!?!?!?

Philippo

So, arc climax tomorrow. Mirio dies or not?

Mirio is already dead.

Although him and Overhaul are an interesting match up when it comes to Quirks, one can destroy matter and the other passes through it. But Overhaul will probably calculate the split second where to touch him and fuck him up.

Hmm too many people are doubting Lemillion imo. He is the student closest to #1 and more so than most pros, thats not a compliment given lightly. Especially by Eraserhead of all people unless I'm remembering wrong.

Chase17

Hmm too many people are doubting Lemillion imo. He is the student closest to #1 and more so than most pros, thats not a compliment given lightly. Especially by Eraserhead of all people unless I'm remembering wrong.

He tracked down Chisaki in two minutes. That's pretty good.

FlowersisBritish

Jesus you folks have no idea how pacing works. Mirio is going to put up a good fight for the next five chapters until he fails at the crucial moment and the RIP! (I don't think dead tho, we all thought that with All Might and hes still kickin)

Mmm i don't know, Mirio feels like a character that could be killed. We know him enough to care about him but is still relatively new and not that important in the overall scheme of things. If anything, the lesson it'd give the kids in class A involved would be hard, and interesting. We still haven't really dealt with full loss of life i think.

Killing someone from class A? impossible. Mineta kinda deserves it though (but i'll admit i laughed pretty hard at the recent anime scene... am i part of the problem :c ?)

We're not clearly sure what her situation is, in all honesty. Even Toga's reveal of how much blood she uses could mean she's got Camie locked up somewhere as a regular supply. Then again, you'd think Shiketsu might come knocking soon about a student being absent too long...

FlowersisBritish

RIP Eight Precepts, you guys were jobbers up until the end.

Some fucking great paneling and framing this chapter though. Eri's face behind the guy's mask, Mirio's cape wrapping around his face, that look of his at the end as he holds Eri. Let's do this!

NSESN

I am even more afraid for Mirio now.
BTW, it just clicked to me that while every male student got more screentime than Deku, they all serve to improve Deku's image as a hero. All 3 look more worthy than Deku on the surface: Suneater's quirk and skills are incredible, Kirishima is cheerful and friendly and Mirio looks like the perfect successor. But when things get hard you see why Deku deserves to be the successor, he doesn't lack confidence like Suneater, doesn't let his fears take over like Kirishima and don't care about doing things the right way like Mirio.

RIP Eight Precepts, you guys were jobbers up until the end.

Some fucking great paneling and framing this chapter though. Eri's face behind the guy's mask, Mirio's cape wrapping around his face, that look of his at the end as he holds Eri. Let's do this!

I think it's a great mix of Japanese and Western comic styles. I love the different types of art that make up the manga... it's not translated well in the anime.

NSESN

What is the difference between the bullets and other lackeys from other manga? I am sure they aren't as useless as the cool yeti bros from OP or Edo Tensei army from Naruto.

Meffer

I'm getting a kick that the most of Eight were taken down by the hands of the students. Yakuza men got their asses kicked by high school students.

MrCinos

Good chapter. I doubt Mirio would die here. With all the focus on his former weakness Mirio might be brought back to that state when he loses his quirk though.
They're so damn lame. Lamest anime/manga villain group I think I've encountered in quite awhile.
I see you haven't been following Fairy Tail.

LotusHD

Banned
Good chapter. I doubt Mirio would die here. With all the focus on his former weakness he might be returned to that state when he loses his quirk though.
I see you haven't been following Fairy Tail.

Zeref's army? At least they stand out, just saying...

NSESN

I'm getting a kick that the most of Eight were taken down by the hands of the students. Yakuza men got their asses kicked by high school students.
Both are semi-pros and way stronger than most pros. The only fight that an UA student fought a bullet resulted in the student all bloody.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

This is pretty typical in manga and anime actually, lol.

Top Bottom