• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

WarRock

Caught up after ~3 months without reading BnA.

Lots of good moments and awesome stuff being done by side characters as usual, but what really surprised me was the chemistry between Toga and Twice. Those two work really well together.

Meffer

Caught up after ~3 months without reading BnA.

Lots of good moments and awesome stuff being done by side characters as usual, but what really surprised me was the chemistry between Toga and Twice. Those two work really well together.

I was surprised how caring Toga is.

Jarmel

Banned
Mirio losing his quirk would be a great contrast with Deku. If Mirio gives up it would show how exceptional Deku was in that without anything Deku would still try to be a hero.

Bowl0l

Going with the theory that Chisaki will try to blow off Eri's limbs because her blood might cancel Mirio's phasing.

Then Horikoshi will soften the gore by making Mirio beating Overhaul by being naked because removing the blood soaked costume is his best counter measure.

Mirio looked kind of weird in that panel of him emerging from the ground, odd way to draw him.

Otherwise, good for him to do something heroic finally, and I loved his line. I do like that he also has some internal fears and such, makes him feel more real and someone I want to cheer on.

Vizilantes 4

Why dont people like this group of 3, theyre pretty funny in the apartment, and I love the college setting so far, it feels a bit fresh compared to what else we get with JUMP stuff. Fun chapter.

Chase17

Should have had the mask on!
PFPU8GJ.jpg

NSESN

Eww, it's Deku

It isn't even a cool image of Deku. I know Hori is helping with the anime but this is pretty disappointing.

Hope he doesn't botch Mirio's cover on 17, because I am already expecting just some lame image of the rescue group for 16.

NSESN

Maybe he's just too busy. I wish he'd go the Oda route and have some kind of structure to the covers, the collection of them all seem so random.

I kinda want Red Riot in the next one? Kirishima is absolutely amazing.

Yep. Maybe with the anime ending things improve.

Heroaca ranked 12 this week first time its fallen out of top 5.

Its never ranked below 5 MonkaS

Also that cover is 🤔🤔 dekus hair isnt even shaded properly

Heroaca ranked 12 this week first time its fallen out of top 5.

Its never ranked below 5 MonkaS

Also that cover is ���� dekis hair isnt even shaded properly
Glad people arent liking this random yakuza madness, should go back and stay focused on Shigaraki Tomura, though odd if it doesnt tick upwards for kirishima backstory, and eventually Twice and Toga stuff.

NSESN

Kirishima backstory chapters were super short. IIRC Both together were less than 30 pages, that can explain the ratings.

I don't think it has nothing to do with people disliking the arc. Here is the only place that I saw as many people disliking it.

Qvoth

been enjoying vigilante more if i'm being honest :/
don't really care about this yakuza arc other than overhaul, he seems pretty cool

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Kirishima backstory chapters were super short. IIRC Both together were less than 30 pages, that can explain the ratings.

I don't think it has nothing to do with people disliking the arc. Here is the only place that I saw as many people disliking it.

Yeah, but I think that's still a lot for a side character, especially for a backstory that wasn't really that important to the main plot, coupled with its awkward placement. I think if you mentioned people disliking this arc in those other places, a lot of people will jump on and agree. Sometimes it takes another person's thought to make you realize how you feel and just weren't able to articulate it.

That said, hype as fuck for Mirio Vs Overhaul. I'm excited to see Overhaul actually fight!

The arc has been mediocre because it's been predictable and too monotonous in it's setting. Kirishima, fat gum and suneater delivered. I can see how the flashback could've messed with the pace, but yeah, it was really short and i think it was important. Getting to know the class A students is the most interesting thing, even more than the premise of the arc.

NSESN

Yeah, but I think that's still a lot for a side character, especially for a backstory that wasn't really that important to the main plot, coupled with its awkward placement. I think if you mentioned people disliking this arc in those other places, a lot of people will jump on and agree. Sometimes it takes another person's thought to make you realize how you feel and just weren't able to articulate it.

That said, hype as fuck for Mirio Vs Overhaul. I'm excited to see Overhaul actually fight!
If you try to imply that you would get murdered in some communities.
I am liking the story of this arc, even the yakuza. The only thing that is really disappointing for me is the smaller chapters and the drop of quality in the art. In OP even if nothing happens you know that the art will always be consistent. Oda take breaks tho. I am starting to think Horikoshi needs too.

Mr. Jimmy

They are obviously shooting at Eri right? What do you think Mirio will do?

That was a really cool sequence, I think the shorter chapters hurt the overall arc too much

Seesaw15

They are obviously shooting at Eri right? What do you think Mirio will do?

That was a really cool sequence, I think the shorter chapters hurt the overall arc too much

Nah, Eri was behind Nemoto. Plus what would shooting Eri with a dart full of her own blood accomplish in this situation?

Top Bottom