• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

caliph95

The reasons Overhaul are turning them into supervillains and are trying to use the league reputation because they ain't shit thanks to All Might

I'm still kinda salty it's Mirio saving the girl and giving an impression of him being the true hero. He's the one who wouldn't even fight at the alleyway, while Deku was ready to go headfirst because he felt something was fucked up at first sight.

Well let's see where this'll go.

NSESN

Correct If I'm wrong but did he say I can hurt her then remake her, and she knows from past experience? Cause if so DAMN!
Yep.
I'm still kinda salty it's Mirio saving the girl and giving an impression of him being the true hero. He's the one who wouldn't even fight at the alleyway, while Deku was ready to go headfirst because he felt something was fucked up at first sight.

Well let's see where this'll go.
It was because of Nighteye training. Basically he was hammered with Nighteye's ideals and that was what happened. Nighteye is so fixated with doing everything the perfect way that it costed them. In the alley Mirio alone was enough to beat Overhaul, specially with Deku to take Eri from there.

MrCinos

Mirio really should have waited for backup. If Deku was there he could of taken Eri to safety, while Deku handled Chronos.
Overhaul would just stand and wait for Mirio's backup? There's no time for waiting. No way he'd risk letting her go with Overhaul again, the first time it happened it hit him pretty hard as it is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mirio is OP. Giving OFA to Deku was a mistake. Superstrength + selective phasing = by GOD

Where my My Hero Academia fighting game at?

There's one on the 3DS. Apparently pretty garbage (third hand, no clue if it's true or not). I'd loooove something with real potential, though. A grownass fighting game, or a Pro-Hero RPG (I actually think you could make a pretty good WRPG out of the premise), or some kinda school life sim thing.

NSESN

So if they make one who is going to be left out

Probably Hagakure
Anime only
Mobility characters: Iida, Deku
Zoning characters: Shoto, Tokoyami, Jirou
Grab characters: Ochako, Tsuyu
Heavy damage characters: All Might, Bakugou
Slow tanky character: Kirishima

caliph95

Ok finding out from the anime thread haven't watched it yet but they're claiming they changed the examsvfrom being simultaneous to one after the other presumably to have Deku and kacchan as the climax.

Seeing that I wonder knowing people's problem with the handling of the flashback and where it's place that bones may be able to fix the problem in the future they have the time anyway

NSESN

Ok finding out from the anime thread haven't watched it yet but they're claiming they changed the examsvfrom being simultaneous to one after the other presumably to have Deku and kacchan as the climax.

Seeing that I wonder knowing people's problem with the handling of the flashback and where it's place that bones may be able to fix the problem in the future they have the time anyway

I liked that they did that. Being simultaneous in the manga worked because they only showed 2 fights and the rest was almost nothing. That way we also have more scenes of Deku being a nerd about quirks/heroes;

Yeah, they do change it to the exams being sequential, rather than simultaneous. I think there's two reasons for this:
1) At a functional level, it's a minimal way of stretching out the last few episodes in the current run, without intruding too much on the next arc.
2) It allows focus for the side cast who thus far haven't gotten much of anything, and given we won't probably won't see the summer camp for a while, still won't. Thus this alleviates that a little.

Also Kirishima being used for a JoJo reference was just fun.

Rather ask here than the anime thread, but is it technically a spoiler that in the manga the last fight would have been Mineta's? Its not a spoiler that he has a match at this point, nor is it even speculation as to when it will be now or that the All Might match will be last since the anime gave it all an order already. Makes sense though that they would save that match for last really seeing as the season is wrapping up so soon. Assuming the fight's done with episode 24, then Toga/Dabi and the mall scene could end the season at 25. But if that's the case, some of the other matches, like Snipe and Power Loader probably will be glossed over like they were in the manga.

NSESN

Rather ask here than the anime thread, but is it technically a spoiler that in the manga the last fight would have been Mineta's? Its not a spoiler that he has a match at this point, nor is it even speculation as to when it will be now or that the All Might match will be last since the anime gave it all an order already. Makes sense though that they would save that match for last really seeing as the season is wrapping up so soon. Assuming the fight's done with episode 24, then Toga/Dabi and the mall scene could end the season at 25. But if that's the case, some of the other matches, like Snipe and Power Loader probably will be glossed over like they were in the manga.

Episode 23 should be all "filler" fights plus the start of the Deku+Bakugou vs AM. They can just make the filler fights be like 1 minute each and that is already better than the manga.
25 will totally be the Mall scene, it is the perfect way to hype a 3rd season.

Episode 23 should be all "filler" fights plus the start of the Deku+Bakugou vs AM. They can just make the filler fights be like 1 minute each and that is already better than the manga.
25 will totally be the Mall scene, it is the perfect way to hype a 3rd season.

I don't think the All Might test needs more than an episode to itself, tbh. Divvying it up into one "everybody else" episode and the main contest should be fine.

NSESN

I don't think the All Might test needs more than an episode to itself, tbh. Divvying it up into one "everybody else" episode and the main contest should be fine.

Oh yeahh, all the major fights this season adapted more than 2 chapters, so they can fit everything in episode 24. I think there will be a scene after ending in this episode with Toga and Dabi meeting Shigaraki.

Laiza

People complaining about the fanservice in the thread is grating. Just get over it.
No, you get over it. :)

What's grating is being subject to low-level sexism in basically anything I ever consume that isn't made directly by a woman (and in many cases, even then). I think putting up with some voiced complaints every now and then is a fair exchange.

If they stopped doing it, I wouldn't have reason to complain about it.

NSESN

What's grating is being subject to low-level sexism in basically anything I ever consume that isn't made directly by a woman (and in many cases, even then). I think putting up with some voiced complaints every now and then is a fair exchange.

Seems fair to me.

SalvaPot

Complaining is fine.

Complaining about complaining is fine too.

Complaining is fun, too.

Veelk

Banned
Complaining about complaining is fine too.

It actually isn't. It enters into meta-commentary territory, which isn't conducive to discussions and can actually get you banned. I mean, it's generally okay if you have actual reasons for not taking issue with a specific user's complaint, but if you're just whining about the topic being discussed as the principle issue, mods will ban you for it.

SalvaPot

It actually isn't. It enters into meta-commentary territory, which isn't conducive to discussions and can actually get you banned. I mean, it's generally okay if you have actual reasons for not taking issue with a specific user's complaint, but if you're just whining about the topic being discussed as the principle issue, mods will ban you for it.

Of course complains have to be based on something, complaining for the sake of complaining is pointless.

In this case, complaining about how a theme in a show you like detracts from it: Fine.

Complains about the constant complains about a theme that seems to bother the first complain but the second one doesn't see as a detractor: Fine too.

I think its healthy to don't agree with something. I don't agree with X, so of course I'll call out the person who said X, because I want that person to know I don't agree and why.

But we are devolving into the definition of complaining and I don't want to have this discussion, so lets end it here, if you'll like.

Veelk

Banned
Complains about the constant complains about a theme that seems to bother the first complain but the second one doesn't see as a detractor: Fine too.

First off, this is barely coherent and I can't make out what it's actual meaning is.

If you mean that it's fine to complain about how complaints of a thing detract from a topic...sure, but if fanservice complaints are still happening currently then those complaints are still a relevant part of the discourse, however much some people may dislike them. And even more if people disagree with them, because then it's a debate and therefore a valid talking point.

And second, I wasn't stating an opinion, it's mod policy. I've seen plenty of threads go down this path and mods always step in and tell people to stop complaining about complaints and start banning people who don't listen.

SalvaPot

First off, this is barely coherent and I can't make out what it's actual meaning is.

If you mean that it's fine to complain about how complaints of a thing detract from a topic...sure, but if fanservice complaints are still happening currently then those complaints are still a relevant part of the discourse, however much some people may dislike them. And even more if people disagree with them, because then it's a debate and therefore a valid talking point.

And second, I wasn't stating an opinion, it's mod policy. I've seen plenty of threads go down this path and mods always step in and tell people to stop complaining about complaints and start banning people who don't listen.

allright

MrCinos

poordeku.gif

Casually checking what Deku's quirk is?.. Along with his surprisingly on-point "foreshadowing", I hope Monoma isn't the traitor, otherwise anime hinted it rather heavy.

Casually checking what Deku's quirk is?.. Along with his surprisingly on-point "foreshadowing", I hope Monoma isn't the traitor, otherwise anime hinted it rather heavy.

This always bothered me in the manga. Gets smacked upside the head and doesn't even acknowledge that dude was taking a shit on him. And then, it's the guy that can copy your quirk by touching you, and you don't even question why he "accidentally" elbowed you?

I always figured it was nothing since it was glossed over so hard. It would be bad form if it were something even though it got ignored, because under normal circumstances you should really be questioning what dude was doing.

s1 thread bumped for mineta hate, i cant escape :( He even played a key role with Froppy.

-

I missed Monoma posts? Hes the best, needs to transfer to main class immediately.

Traitor Monoma is not a good idea, should be someone you least expect, also why not make it a female character, give a main class female character a surprising key role for once Horikoshi.

NSESN

We already have so few female students. I don't want one to be a traitor.

I think the traitor is someone that was quirkless like Deku but was given a quirk by AFO. That also would mean that people we saw with quirks as kids and people with mutant quirks are clear of doubt.

Monoma would be a terrible pick 'caue he's SUCH a douche. My money's on the mind control guy, they can go through an arc with him where he gets flipped into a double agent by the class.

s1 thread bumped for mineta hate, i cant escape :( He even played a key role with Froppy.

-

I missed Monoma posts? Hes the best, needs to transfer to main class immediately.

Traitor Monoma is not a good idea, should be someone you least expect, also why not make it a female character, give a main class female character a surprising key role for once Horikoshi.

Well, one could argue that Monoma being such an obvious, pathetic dick could loop right back around into him being the person you'd least expect to genuinely be a villainous mole. That said, that idea does work mostly out of character more than in character.

I admit, I have grown somewhat fond of the 'Kaminari is the traitor' theory, mostly because of how easy it would be to recontextualise him into one of the most dangerous characters of the cast with him just faking his supposed weakness.

Really feeling this fight more so than many of Midoriya's other moments (thought not as much as when Todoroki had moments against Stain). Mirio is so underrated and really deserves to stick around more and perhaps provide more guidance for Midoriya.

I think the girl will actually do something to save Mirio from danger. No point just having her there to do nothing, plus its not like the writer hasnt had the vulnerable kid character do something random in a big moment. (see Kota).

Love the page
DI47AfFXkAAvuYB.jpg:small

Really feeling this fight more so than many of Midoriya's other moments (thought not as much as when Todoroki had moments against Stain). Mirio is so underrated and really deserves to stick around more and perhaps provide more guidance for Midoriya.

I think the girl will actually do something to save Mirio from danger. No point just having her there to do nothing, plus its not like the writer hasnt had the vulnerable kid character do something random in a big moment. (see Kota).

Love the page

Part of it is that, in the knowledge of how Mirio's powers work and how difficult they initially were for him to control, everything he does here is both telling of his character but also his level of current skill. He can't dodge everything, so he willingly takes hits while just maintaining his footing, and holding Eri so high as to keep her - and his arms holding her - out of reach of the spikes. He is keeping her safe, no matter the risk to himself - and unlike traditional nigh-invulnerability, that risk is quite apparent.

Vizilantes 5

Really, all those pro heroes needed just for a few get quirk quick dudes??? Especially like Endeavour, seemed like a cheap way just to draw the pro heroes for some reason.

Still like the plot being set up.

Meffer

Love the page

Yeah I feel the same way. I would love Mirio being somebody Deku can look to for guidance.

Chase17

We already have so few female students. I don't want one to be a traitor.

I think the traitor is someone that was quirkless like Deku but was given a quirk by AFO. That also would mean that people we saw with quirks as kids and people with mutant quirks are clear of doubt.
But if the traitor is one of the female students, it would mean that one of the female students will finally get focused on again.

Top Bottom