• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Ascheroth

Fuuuuuuuuu Overhaul. Mirio's anger in that panel after Overhaul mentioned that, was palpable.
Those are some huge 'something bad is going to happen'-flags that Mirio keeps collecting.

Damn, Mirio is a beast. I figured he would have had a harder time against them. I don't even think it is so much about Chisaki and company being weak either. Mirio is just damn good with his quirk and his utilization of it.

Seesaw15

OK, theory time!

The Eri everyone's fighting to keep or rescue is a clone made by Twice. In chapter 148 we see Shigaraki praising the yakuza's de-quirking plan and his conversation with Twice is cut off.
8hEwEjn.png

I think all the death flags Horikoshi's has set up about Miro have been a misdirect. Miro will win( he may lose his quirk) but at the end of the arc it will be another victory for the League of Villains. The only hole in the theory is how Twice and Toga fooled the truth quirk.

Nightbird

OK, theory time!

The Eri everyone's fighting to keep or rescue is a clone made by Twice. In chapter 148 we see Shigaraki praising the yakuza's de-quirking plan and his conversation with Twice is cut off.
8hEwEjn.png

I think all the death flags Horikoshi's has set up about Miro have been a misdirect. Miro will win( he may lose his quirk) but at the end of the arc it will be another victory for the League of Villains. The only hole in the theory is how Twice and Toga fooled the truth quirk.

Maybe clones that twice created before talking to Shigaraki about the plan?

Seems plausible to me

Seesaw15

Maybe clones that twice created before talking to Shigaraki about the plan?

Seems plausible to me

A solution that could work is if before Shigaraki talked about the plan Twice made a copy of Toga and Toga drank Twice's blood. The clone and Toga went to meet the Yakuza and the real Twice was warped in later. That way they could pass the Truth Quirk and Twice wouldn't have to clone himself.

It would explain why Shigaraki sent the combo of Twice and Toga out of all the other villains.

A solution that could work is if before Shigaraki talked about the plan Twice made a copy of Toga and Toga drank Twice's blood. The clone and Toga went to meet the Yakuza and the real Twice was warped in later. That way they could pass the Truth Quirk and Twice wouldn't have to clone himself.

It would explain why Shigaraki sent the combo of Twice and Toga out of all the other villains.

I don't think this would work because then Toga-as-Twice, when asked about "your Quirk," would explain her shapeshifting instead of Twice's doubling. She only copies appearances, not Quirks.

Seesaw15

I don't think this would work because then Toga-as-Twice, when asked about "your Quirk," would explain her shapeshifting instead of Twice's doubling. She only copies appearances, not Quirks.

Technically Overhaul and Mimic asked them to explain their quirks while Nemoto only asked if they were planning on betraying them.

OK, theory time!

8hEwEjn.png

...Hm, this would be a way to allow for Mirio's failure without losing his powers. Because, if this is correct, nabbing Eri in the alley was possibly the only chance to save her, and it's on him that they didn't.

I still suspect he's gonna take the bullet for Eri though, clone or otherwise.

I assumed that Shigaraki didn't give Twice or Toga a specific plan at all. The whole context behind his scene with them makes me think that he trusted them to come up with a plan on their own, which is why they didn't need to lie to the truthtelling quirk, because the question was if Shiga gave them a plan to betray the yakuza, which he technically didn't

Technically Overhaul and Mimic asked them to explain their quirks while Nemoto only asked if they were planning on betraying them.

They still answered the Quirk question without meaning to, so I think Nemoto can force people to answer truthfully even if he's not directly asking.

Also, I think Twice has a limit on being able only copy two objects at once? I don't think he would have ever had the opportunity during the raid to copy Toga, Rappa, and Eri after Overhaul ran off with her.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Was anyone else bugged by the use of narration this chapter?

God Overhaul is such a piece of shit. Who knows what he did to her just because he can fix her again.

This is legit bugging me, because Overhaul absolutely does not seem like the kinds of person who inspires people to follow him out of the kindness of their hearts or whatever. Maybe when he "repairs" them, he can fuck with their brains?

NSESN

I really want to punch Overhaul in the face, but the page where he destroys the floor was awesome.

Shiggy would get curbstomped by Mirio, well more than Overhaul

Yep. Not only Mirio completely counters Shiggy, he doesn't have ranged atacks like Overhaul.

caliph95

Overhaul at least on terms of fighting skills and abilities is basically Shiggy but better

He has Shiggy speed and can screw with environment

kirblar

Who wants to bet that in the long term it turns out Shigaraki's been missing some important part of his quirk's functionality that makes it similar to Overhaul's?

Dynasty

Damm this Manga is amazing and this chapter was hype as fuck.

I think Mirio will succeed in saving the girl but loose his quirk.

Mirio's gonna survive but lose his Quirk, setting up Nighteye ramping up his attempts to guilt trip Deku into giving Mirio One for All.

If Mirio can't keep his regular quirk, why would anyone trust him with something good? He'd probably just get that stolen, too

That picture just reminds me that the girls don't get to do important things

NSESN

Mirio's gonna survive but lose his Quirk, setting up Nighteye ramping up his attempts to guilt trip Deku into giving Mirio One for All.

That is pretty bullshit, because Mirio was strong enough to beat Overhaul back in alley, but didn't so because of Nighteye teached him. So if anything happens to Mirio or Eri is Nighteye's fault.

Why couldn't Mirio be the main character? Deku seems so lame in comparison >_>

WTF!?! How is Deku lame in comparison? Lemillion has 3 years of experience and grew up with his quirk unlike Deku. Please be real when making statements like that.

You could criticize Deku for being so soft still and a bit of a crybaby but "lame" after all the cool shit he did is too much.

I wonder if Deku would take the Riot name and name himself Green Riot LOL.

Bakugo's Creation is so deadpan lol. Todoroki and Tokyomi switching is really weird though.

No Uravity and Ingenium makes me sad though.

NSESN

Deku will save Mirio and then Mirio saves everyone. The media, pros and specially nighteye will give all the praise to Mirio, but he will redirect the praise for Deku making Nighteye finally accept him.

Top Bottom