• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Grexeno

Especially given that the other was Todoroki, who has been putting in work. Compared to him, she has great grades but, again, hasn't done too much in the field.

Anyway now that we're in Community Hell I better sub to the thread or lose it forever
We got moved to Community? Well it was nice having a thread about the manga but it will never be posted in again.

Todoroki team may lose since I dont think his strategy will work. Who would abandon their comrade to flee? This reminds me of Kakashi's line about people who abandon their comrade are worst than scum.

I want Kaminari team to succeed, will be surprising to see an underdog come out victorious.

I wonder if we get a really angry Midoriya that will cause even Bakugou to pause and listen.

Todoroki team may lose since I dont think his strategy will work. Who would abandon their comrade to flee? This reminds me of Kakashi's line about people who abandon their comrade are worst than scum.

I want Kaminari team to succeed, will be surprising to see an underdog come out victorious.

I wonder if we get a really angry Midoriya that will cause even Bakugou to pause and listen.

This needs to happen.

Jintor

I would love to see Mido just get full on up in Baku's face, although it would probably bode ill for their chances of going to summer camp.

I hope they all get to go though. A summer in school would really suck, both for them and as a reader. I've had enough school for now.

Grexeno

I would love to see Mido just get full on up in Baku's face, although it would probably bode ill for their chances of going to summer camp.

I hope they all get to go though. A summer in school would really suck, both for them and as a reader. I've had enough school for now.
I'm fairly sure the ultimate decision on whether a student passes or fails will come down to instructor's choice. I can see it going down where Deku and Bakugou fail the exam, but have a personal breakthrough together so All Might passes them.

SalvaPot

Look what my gf got for me:

12092725_10153368859954064_346438713_n.jpg

Jintor

Oh yeah, it's probably cos it's just a manga but last time I was out and about in nerd town MHA and OPM didn't have merch out yet. OPM merch will probably start appearing in 3-4 episodes if I had to guess.

Himouto stuff was everywhere though, relative to its newness.

SalvaPot

Oh yeah, it's probably cos it's just a manga but last time I was out and about in nerd town MHA and OPM didn't have merch out yet. OPM merch will probably start appearing in 3-4 episodes if I had to guess.

Himouto stuff was everywhere though, relative to its newness.

Yeah, I was surprised too, she was visiting J-World and found it there, they also had pencil cases and simple stuff like that, I wish I was with her right now but I have college u.u

WarRock

I'm fairly sure the ultimate decision on whether a student passes or fails will come down to instructor's choice. I can see it going down where Deku and Bakugou fail the exam, but have a personal breakthrough together so All Might passes them.
The instructor may opt to pass only one of the students too, I guess.

I want Kaminari merch (A shirt, and keychains). Series has too many characters so I doubt he'd get that focus. Even popular Assassination Classroom didnt give much for most non korosensei characters.

Jintor

I dunno, the manga has a really good crowd focus, it's possible... but i admit unlikely.

We won't see full on merch until the inevitable anime.

the anime's inevitable, right? We're past a year in pub and it's holding steady in Japan and NA on the manga front, right?

I dunno, the manga has a really good crowd focus, it's possible... but i admit unlikely.

We won't see full on merch until the inevitable anime.

the anime's inevitable, right? We're past a year in pub and it's holding steady in Japan and NA on the manga front, right?

I'd call it basically unstoppable at this point. Now the only obstacle is studio choice...

Why do people want one so soon, id be afraid if it starts too soon then it may not get a full adaptation, or worst gets just two 12 episode seasons. Only non LN animes getting long multiple seasons are sports animes.

I also dont understand how they are going to do 7taizai sequel anime.

Why do people want one so soon, id be afraid if it starts too soon then it may not get a full adaptation, or worst gets just two 12 episode seasons. Only non LN animes getting long multiple seasons are sports animes.

I also dont understand how they are going to do 7taizai sequel anime.

Weirdly, I feel like MHA would react well to some filler... I like the fast pace, but so far it's pretty much been pure highlights, no day-to-day stuff.

Grexeno

I would not complain if the anime had some good comedic filler episodes or arcs like Goku & Piccolo drive cars, or the episode where Naruto & co try to get Kakashi's mask off.

SalvaPot

Yeah, I agree school life filler would be cool for the show.

If it had filler I want Sunrise to get the anime, they made great filler for Gintama.

Jintor

shamelessly stolen from sa

>1位---------Deku
>2位---------Todoroki
>3位---------Bakugou
>4位---------Uraraka
>5位---------AllMight
>6位---------Tsuyu
>7位---------Tokoyami
>8位---------Iida
>9位---------Aizawa
>10位---------Kaminari
>11位---------Yaoyorozu
>12位---------Shinsou
>13位---------Kendou
>14位---------Ojiro
>15位---------Kirishima
>16位---------Kyouka
>18位---------Mineta
>20位---------Hakagure & ?

shamelessly stolen from sa

Deku takes the crown, of course. Surprised Bakugou is as high as he is, but 2nd place is no surprise. Interesting that Stain didn't even rank, unless he's on there and I just don't know the Japanese name.

And for a refresher, here's our poll:

~~~First NeoGAF Popularity Contest for "My Hero Academia".~~~
Here it is! Your vote has been cast and your voice has been heard, 28 NeoGAF users have entrusted upon me their opinions and we know that is the only opinion it matters. Now onto the results. Plus Ultra!

10th Place!
hqdefault.jpg

Villain Name: "Hero Killer" Stain.
Civilian Name: Stain? I guess.
Quirk: Bloodcurdle
Total points: 12. Mentions: 5.
With a design straight from the 80´s or 90´s. Stain got a popularity boost thanks to the recent asswoopin´ delivered to our boy Iida, both physical and moral. With a twisted logic and a fun quirk, that lets him immobilize suckers by cutting them and ingesting their blood. It was enough to get him on the 10th place.

9th Place!
tumblr_inline_njj3y6BFkX1t8pl2u.png

Hero Name: Ingenium (Borrowed from his bro).
Civilian Name: Tenya Iida.
Quirk: Engine
Total points: 14. Mentions: 6.
Glasses boy is a serious kid, but after his brother was de-feet-ed (Hehe, get it? Because he can´t use his feet? Hehehe), he got angry and went for revengeance (I am pretty sure is a real word). Pretty much our favorite character to turn evil later on, Iida is good friend with Midoriya and Uraraka, so in a way he is the third wheel. Also look at that glorious jawline. Hang in there Iida!

8th Place!
latest

Chocobro!
Hero Name: Tsukuyomi: The Jet Black Hero.
Civilian Name: Fumikage Tokoyami.
Quirk: Dark Shadow.
Total points: 15. Mentions: 5.
That ain´t Falco! Our reserved, cool and mysterious feathered proved his worth in the Sports Festival Arc by saving Deku, and later by fighting a exciting match against Bakugou. Its impossible to dislike this guy, just look at how cool he is.

7th Place!
latest

Fanmade Name: Gadget Girl.
Civilian Name: Mei Hatsume.
Quirk: Zoom.
Total points: 15. Mentions: 6.
A creative inventor, she wants to make awesome gadgets for heroes to use and will do anything to prove her genius. Be it manipulate teammates, or helping her opponent in a friendly competition, she will open her mouth and shamelessly promote her inventions.

6th Place!
tumblr_inline_nf7m4qtjpf1rrltdo.jpg

Hero Name: Explode Kill King.
Civilian Name: Katsuki Bakugou "Kacchan".
Quirk: BOOM BITCH (Actual name is just Explosion).
Total points: 27. Mentions: 9.
Bakugou is a- BOOOOOOM WHAT THE HELL YOU STUPID NERDS, WHY AM I 6TH PLACE, I´LL FREAKIN´ KILL ALL YOU! I WILL CRUSH YOU! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE-

5th Place!
d95c623b1ef51d3259fcb467a32f90f4.jpg

Hero Name: Shouto.
Civilian Name: Shouto Todoroki.
Quirk: Half-Cold Half-Hot
Total points: 35. Mentions: 15.
Son of the 2nd Best Hero, Shouto was born and given the purpose to surpass his father, but he is a teen and his dad is kind of a dick, so of course he might not feel like doing that. Either way, he can control both Ice and Fire, so he might be the main character of Game of Thrones.

4th Place!
latest

Hero Name: Froppy, Rainy Season Hero.
Civilian Name: Tsuyu Asu.
Quirk: Frog-Form
Total points: 39. Mentions: 13.
Proving Frog+Girl=Cute, Froppy is straight-forward and relaxed, also quite funny. Tsuyu is a great underwater fighter and always speaks her mind. Also once when the anime hits expect her to be the only cosplay you are going to see for the next few months.

3rd Place!
latest

Hero Name: All Might!
Civilian Name: Toshinori.
Quirk: One For All
Total points: 56. Mentions: 17.
ITS HERE! THE SYMBOL OF PEACE! All Might is the greatest hero there is, strong and, well, heroic, he is the role model everyone aspires to reach. But one day he was gravely injured and can only keep his powerful form for a few hours. So he has taken Deku as his successor and given him his mighty power. But do we know everything about him? What secrets does he have? Only time will tell! And look! He is drawn in another style!

2nd Place!

Hero Name: Uravity (Phonetically: Gravity)
Civilian Name: Ochako Uraraka.
Quirk: Zero Gravity
Total points: 72. Mentions: 23.
Officially declared by this poll as "Best Girl", Ochako claims second place! With her warm, happy-go-lucky personality, and tenacity to reach her dream, Ochako proves to be an asset in any heroics team. Through her fingers she can remove Gravity from objects, making her quirk great for support and unconventional tactics. Her fighting potential was proven with her fight against Bakugou, even if she got destroyed. Oh well, you still beat him in this contest, so suck it Kacchan!

1st Place!
Thumbnail.png

Hero Name: Deku
Civilian Name: Izuku Midoriya.
Quirk: One For All
Total points: 106. Mentions: 27.
Our protagonist and the winner by a wide margin! He is smart, kind and hardworking. Since young his dream was to be a great hero, and judging by the last few chapter he certainly has the tools to do it now! 15 out of 28 polled users had him in first place, that is Something% of the votes! That is, like, a lot of us. Jeez guys, you love underdog stories, don´t you?

That is it! Well, that was fun to write, here is the list of all votes and positions. Any questions or mistakes be sure to point them out.
1 .- Deku ~~~ Total: 106 Mentions: 27
2 .- Ochako ~~~ Total: 72 Mentions: 23
3 .- All Might ~~~ Total: 56 Mentions: 17
4 .- Tsuyu ~~~ Total: 39 Mentions: 13
5 .- Todoroki ~~~ Total: 35 Mentions: 15
6 .- Bakugou ~~~ Total: 27 Mentions: 9
7 .- Hatsume (Techgirl) ~~~ Total: 15 Mentions: 6
8 .- Chocobro (tokoyami fumikage) ~~~ Total: 15 Mentions: 5
9 .- Iida ~~~ Total: 14 Mentions: 6
10 .- Stain ~~~ Total: 12 Mentions: 5
11 .- Kaminari (Shock dude) ~~~ Total: 7 Mentions: 2
12 .- Momo Yaoyorozu (Clothes girl) ~~~ Total: 4 Mentions: 2
12 .- Shinsou (Mind control dude) ~~~ Total: 4 Mentions: 2
14 .- Handude (Shigaraki) ~~~ Total: 4 Mentions: 1
15 .- Endeavor (Firejerk) ~~~ Total: 2 Mentions: 1
15 .- Ashido (Pinky) ~~~ Total: 2 Mentions: 1
15 .- Mineta (Grape Boy) ~~~ Total: 2 Mentions: 1
18 .- Kendou (Class Prez girl) ~~~ Total: 1 Mentions: 1
18 .- Yuuga Aoyama (Crotch Laser Dude) ~~~ Total: 1 Mentions: 1
18 .- Kirishima (Rock dude) ~~~ Total: 1 Mentions: 1
18 .- Deku's Mom ~~~ Total: 1 Mentions: 1

cntr

Banned
If you don't recognize the names:

1. Deku -- our hero
2. Todoroki -- game of thrones guy
3. Bakugou -- explosion guy
4. Uraraka -- gravity girl
5. All Might -- the best
6. Tsuyu -- frog girl
7. Tokoyami -- bird guy with a STAND
8. Iida -- engine nerd
9. Aizawa -- eyeball stare sensei
10. Kaminari -- electric guy
11. Yaoyorozu -- fanservice girl
12. Shinsou -- brainwash guy
13. Kendou -- sidetail girl
14. Ojiro -- regular tail guy
15. Kirishima -- hardening guy
16. Kyouka -- earphone jack girl
18. Mineta -- sticky ball guy
20. Hagakure & [unknown] -- invisible girl

Qurupeke

Katsura and Naruto were in the popularity poll. lol

HOLY SHIT. THAT PUNCH. I love this! :D Also, what happened in the end? Were this thing limiters or did they store power? Deku and Kachan are working together, right?

Reading it now... I love the color commentary on the poll XD

Aaaand wrap.

Good chapter. Great fight, looks like Bakugou's gonna be getting that character development. I hadn't ever really stopped to think about whether he had some kind of Freudian excuse for his behavior, but it seems to be building in that direction.

They're still gonna get their asses kicked :p

Top Bottom