• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Grexeno

uVNeZgB.png

WugzqZS.png

lmao

SalvaPot

If I remember correctly, the Granade things from Kacchan´s costume store his sweat, and the sweat itself is explosive, so the granade things are used to detonate said sweet in a bigger way than Kacchan can naturally do.

And its nice to see Kacchan getting punched in the face.

pbONWdT.jpg

Dead.

The colour pages were great. I wish Ojiro got into the top ten but 14 is respectable for character with barely anything to go on. Hes just so cool.

WarRock

If I remember correctly, the Granade things from Kacchan´s costume store his sweat, and the sweat itself is explosive, so the granade things are used to detonate said sweet in a bigger way than Kacchan can naturally do.

And its nice to see Kacchan getting punched in the face.
Yeah, it's basically his limit break. One of the first clues that he is actually smart and not just muscle.

Kansoku

Wasn't All Might having trouble keeping in this form for a "long" (read some minutes) period of time?

How he is going to keep this up?

WarRock

I don't think two students can make him fight that long. Maybe if we were talking about the whole class following a Deku plan...

SalvaPot

Also only Deku (and the school teachers) knows about that time limit, Bakugou has no idea All Might can get weak after a while, and Deku wouldn´t want to win exploiting that weakness.

For all Baku knows, All Might its on his prime.

Totakeke

Speaking of which it seems kind of sloppy to have such a large number of people know about the weakness of the world's greatest hero.

SalvaPot

Speaking of which it seems kind of sloppy to have such a large number of people know about the weakness of the world's greatest hero.

Well its not like its easy for All Might to hide it, his whole physical appearance changed, and he took the job after the Principal assured his weakness would be safe.

Also we have seen that he can well go over his limit even at the cost of his health, so even his weakness is really not that much of deterrent to how strong a fighter he is.

Mecha

How many chapters do you guys think this manga will reach? Even at 62 in it feels like the story has barely started.

How many chapters do you guys think this manga will reach? Even at 62 in it feels like the story has barely started.

At least until graduation, which would put it at around 250 at the current pace. Probably closer to 3-4 hundred as the fights get longer and more elaborate (as Shonen fights are wont to do).

What would be amazing (and entirely unexpected) is if the author is willing to make the premise shift a post-highschool series would require. I'd love to see that.

That's all assuming it doesn't get canceled, but that's looking fairly unlikely atm.

Grexeno

At least until graduation, which would put it at around 250 at the current pace. Probably closer to 3-4 hundred as the fights get longer and more elaborate (as Shonen fights are wont to do).

What would be amazing (and entirely unexpected) is if the author is willing to make the premise shift a post-highschool series would require. I'd love to see that.

That's all assuming it doesn't get canceled, but that's looking fairly unlikely atm.
I don't see a plausible scenario where Deku is strong enough to beat All for One even after three years at UA.

I don't see a plausible scenario where Deku is strong enough to beat All for One even after three years at UA.

Well, you know how those Shonen kids get, with their powerups and whatnot.

(And I didn't realize it was a 3 year school, round that first estimate down by about 60).

But you're probably right. Current rate of progress, Deku's not going to be in All Might's league, let alone All for One's by the time highschool wraps. I'd be hugely interested in a college-age MHA.

SalvaPot

We do know he has an endgame in mind, in the Ochako profile page the author mentions how her role was going to belong to Mt. Lady, the girl that gets bigger in size, but that taking that power to its logical conclusion would be problematic.

So this tells me that he does want to make all the students to get their full potential, I think we can see the All for One ties to last at least 300 episodes, and from there if the series is successful the series is big enough to explore, for example, the origin of the quirks.

The world is ripe for potential.

Grexeno

All for One, for now, is seemingly the endgame for this series (who knows what could come up before or after that confrontation). All for One was able to fight All Might in his prime to a draw. Today's severely weakened All Might is still the top hero in the country.

Basically, in order to have a chance against All for One at the end of his UA career, Deku would have to basically become significantly more powerful than the top hero in the country before he's done with high school.

Nah. Not happening.

SalvaPot

All for One, for now, is seemingly the endgame for this series (who knows what could come up before or after that confrontation). All for One was able to fight All Might in his prime to a draw. Today's severely weakened All Might is still the top hero in the country.

Basically, in order to have a chance against All for One at the end of his UA career, Deku would have to basically become significantly more powerful than the top hero in the country before he's done with high school.

Nah. Not happening.

It could happen... with the power of FRIENDSHIP!

But really, The way I see the story, All Might is going to die in a glorious way or an Anti-Climatic way, and both are going to be connected in some way to Deku.

But by the time Deku is on his last year he would be, what 18? Perfect Shonen age to be a Full Hero.

DominoKid

Nah. Not happening.

Deku gonna get a few shonen mega powerups to make it work.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Nah. Not happening.

Man, i would like to see that fight. Also A4O was also severely wounded. And if fan theory that Hand will inherit it like Deku did, than that's a pretty even fight right there.

Big One

Banned
I don't think All for One is going to be the endgame. We still dunno where Quirks are from...they could be from space for example. ALIENS could be the endgame.

Grexeno

I don't think All for One is going to be the endgame. We still dunno where Quirks are from...they could be from space for example. ALIENS could be the endgame.
Like I've been saying all along: the ending of the series should be The Wonderful 101

SalvaPot

Man, i would like to see that fight. Also A4O was also severely wounded. And if fan theory that Hand will inherit it like Deku did, than that's a pretty even fight right there.

I don´t like the idea of Facepalm inheriting All for One, since the main idea of it is that all the power is monopolized by a single person, I´ll like it far more if Facepalm becomes a Vessel for the All for One guy.

Arabesque

English Shonen Jump results for the popularity poll

Interesting results all things considered. Seems that across both side of the pond Deku reigns supreme. Frog Girl seems more popular with the western fans than Japanese fans, and Bakugo is in the top 10 everywhere lol

Horikoshi (who got 17th in the Japanese popularity poll, sensei is popular~) drawing for the chapter

Meffer

I don´t like the idea of Facepalm inheriting All for One, since the main idea of it is that all the power is monopolized by a single person, I´ll like it far more if Facepalm becomes a Vessel for the All for One guy.
I think Facepalm is being used honestly.

Interesting results all things considered. Seems that across both side of the pond Deku reigns supreme. Frog Girl seems more popular with the western fans than Japanese fans, and Bakugo is in the top 10 everywhere lol

Horikoshi (who got 17th in the Japanese popularity poll, sensei is popular~) drawing for the chapter

The women seem to be more popular in the West in general; compare and contrast the top 3 picks. Stain ranking in the West is also interesting.

Kaminari dropped places in America but good to know Im not his only hardcore fan as he did rank in the upper 15 in both places ^_^.

Chapter was as expected, I think I mentioned the manga is predictable and probably everyone saw this type of outcome, we even got the Bakugou having to listen to Deku but I didnt think Deku would punch Bakugou unless IM looking at that scene wrong.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

I honestly really like Handyman. There's something about his lethargy and occasional bursts of spirit that I like in my villains. To me, he's a hell of a lot more interesting than All for One.

Meffer

Damn right, Tsuyu is high in the rankings. Great drawing of her too!

Top Bottom