• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You know what'd be a fun thing to look into for post-All For One storylines?

What's the rest of the world up to?

True that! And I don't want just America. What's up in Africa with these powers? I'm looking forward to Beasts of No Nation, but i know I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if that child soldier kid spat lightning, and if Elba's deep tones could shatter mountains.

True that! And I don't want just America. What's up in Africa with these powers? I'm looking forward to Beasts of No Nation, but i know I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if that child soldier kid spat lightning, and if Elba's deep tones could shatter mountains.

Lol, I didn't know I wanted that, but now I do.

I'll admit, I was mostly thinking of America, but a more global storyline in general would be even better. Are there any international superhero teams? Who do they fight? Is All Might a member of any of 'em?

SalvaPot

I have to say, that is really really cute drawing of Froppy.

As far as arcs after All For One, man, there is a tons of ways we can go. We could have one of the heroes now turn villain and have him be the Big Bad for following arcs. If its a teacher it could be even more interesting. We could have a World Wide adventure, maybe looking for the origins of the quirks or in search of a Plot McGuffin. We can have a main character fall ill and we need to go find a character with a very specific quirk to heal her/him. Its the cool thing about this series, the rules are flexible enough to pretty much do anything at all.

Jintor

she's always hunching too... she's only like 4 and a half feet or something most of the time. I bet she's at least Uravity's height normal-standing

cntr

Banned
I think its clear she can stand upright, she just doesn´t. Think of spiderman when he is doing his normal battle pose.
Hmm... could be.

On the other hand, Horikoshi's mentioned that people whose quirks make them unable to function in normal life on their own receive gadget licenses, so quirks can make you unable to do normal things.

Jintor

It's not that she can't stand upright it's that her natural posture is just hunching over a bit.

i mean, she's a frog hero. it's probably just super comfortable.

i bet if spidey didn't have to be parker he'd just be crouching on everything

Meffer

i mean, she's a frog hero. it's probably just super comfortable.

i bet if spidey didn't have to be parker he'd just be crouching on everything
Totally.
tumblr_lqci34yirV1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

cHaotix8

New chapter's out. Some pretty good character development for Yaoyorozu and Todoroki. Still getting a strong Chunin exam vibe from this series, lol.

Looks like All Might is about to go in hard on Deku and Bakugo.

Grexeno

I do hope we get to see all of the teams. I think the series, while it moves at a great pace, needs to avoid showing too little.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He has the Saitama problem but played straight, where he's so overwhelmingly strong nothing seems a challenge to him but also makes him wishy washy.

He has the Saitama problem but played straight, where he's so overwhelmingly strong nothing seems a challenge to him but also makes him wishy washy.

Him being forced to go toe-to-toe with somebody comparable would be interesting; I get the sense that he's not going to pick up that kind of knowledge from this test, since Eraser is challenging him in such an unconventional way.

I still wonder how a serious Bakugou vs. Todoroki would go down.

SalvaPot

Him being forced to go toe-to-toe with somebody comparable would be interesting; I get the sense that he's not going to pick up that kind of knowledge from this test, since Eraser is challenging him in such an unconventional way.

I still wonder how a serious Bakugou vs. Todoroki would go down.

Baku needs sweat to make explosions, so if todoroki is able to cool him first, he would win. just keep adding ice over ice.

Baku needs sweat to make explosions, so if todoroki is able to cool him first, he would win. just keep adding ice over ice.

Assuming he could. Bakugou clearly doesn't need a lot of sweat, and he's an unnervingly skilled and aware fighter, considering his personality and power level. Doubt it'd be easy.

SalvaPot

Why is this manga so good?? I love it.

I am convinced is the vitality of the characters and art. Really the plot is interesting with some nice twists but its the constant movement of the characters and their interaction that sells the concept.

That or Ochako.

Grexeno

I am convinced is the vitality of the characters and art. Really the plot is interesting with some nice twists but its the constant movement of the characters and their interaction that sells the concept.

That or Ochako.
Just about every character makes me smile for some reason.

Jintor

Like every character feels like they've got something going on beyond the main story. They got their own little things going on.

Yeah like Tail guy or even Tape guy. The only ones I don't have a handle on at all in class A are the rock dude and the sugar dude.

Is sugar dude navel laser guy? Because if so, I agree with him.

Rock Dude has this "I actually have a super common quirk, dammit" thing going on.

Jintor

Not hardening guy... there's a dude who kinda looks like a smaller version of cement-dude. And sugar guy is the big dude with the weird lips.

I don't think either of them have had lines yet or shown their proper powers

Grexeno

Not hardening guy... there's a dude who kinda looks like a smaller version of cement-dude. And sugar guy is the big dude with the weird lips.

I don't think either of them have had lines yet or shown their proper powers
The translators we usually read released another batch of those character files, and for both of those guys the author flat out says he hasn't gotten around to really using them but wants to.

SalvaPot

As long as they don´t pull an Ao no Exorcist and reveal one of those two characters is a teacher in disguise or something like that.

Top Bottom