• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

I keep reading Todoroki's parts with Kageyama(HQ) voice in mind and it seems perfect. I kind of figured Todoroki team would struggle, no way the writer would have given him an easy time off even though he is the confirmed strongest character in the series.

Chuckled at Dingus.
CRsrW39WUAAwNtm.png

SalvaPot

I keep reading Todoroki's parts with Kageyama(HQ) voice in mind and it seems perfect. I kind of figured Todoroki team would struggle, no way the writer would have given him an easy time off even though he is the confirmed strongest character in the series.

Chuckled at Dingus.
CRsrW39WUAAwNtm.png

Is this the fan translation or the Viz translation? Both have its charm, but I really like the fan translation.

Moaradin

I'm not a fan of the fan translation because of that. You can make Bakugou an asshole without him sounding like Call of Duty on XBL!

SalvaPot

I understand why Viz tames it down. They want kids to read it too.

Also the Japanese language doesn´t really have that many strong words, so its fair to traduce "kuzo" as "crap" instead of "shit" for example. Or something like that, I really can´t remember.

I was skimming TOHO's list of anime projects they've produced and, going by their usual suspects, I'd say Production I.G. is probably the most likely candidate to get shoulder tapped.

SalvaPot

If David Productions adapts this manga I'll be pretty disappointed.

They have Monster Hunter Stories in their plate right now
And JoJo Part 5
so I doubt they can work in MHA

I was skimming TOHO's list of anime projects they've produced and, going by their usual suspects, I'd say Production I.G. is probably the most likely candidate to get shoulder tapped.

Production IG did great animation for Attack on Titan (And I am not fun of that series), they can do humor (Cromartie Highschool) and they usually work on Seasons of 13/26 episodes instead of long running shows.

Hmmm, yeah it sounds like they might get the ball.

SalvaPot

I think it's to soon

I don´t know, if an anime gets announced now, it should release in spring or summer of 2016, and now that adaptations seem to rely more on short seasons its more feasable. A good short season for MHA should cover from episode 1 all the way to the reveal of All for One, that would be a great place to break.

Crocodile

Too soon for an anime IMO. Though it really depends of the staff they use, the model they use (1 cour? 2 cour? Long-running series?), etc.

Well, they're not madhouse, but I guess OPM was like... an insane confluence of events

I know everybody is going to be sucking off Madhouse for a while due to OPM but its less a Madhouse anime and more a "these specific people working on this show" anime. A lot of this crew was working for Bones two years ago for Space Dandy. It's more like a group of well connected free-lancers that seem to roam from studio to studio and set up shop when they have a project.

Which isn't to say Madhouse doesn't have a good resume, they do. But a lot of the people who are making OPM such a treat aren't Madhouse "regulars".

I could see an anime premiere by fall 2016 at the earliest, should be enough content by then for two solid 13-episode seasons. Maybe even 50-something and then a break to let the manga progress.

Ah yes, 2016 would be wonderful if we got both this and Jojo part 4 animated~

SalvaPot

Too soon for an anime IMO. Though it really depends of the staff they use, the model they use (1 cour? 2 cour? Long-running series?), etc.

I know everybody is going to be sucking off Madhouse for a while due to OPM but its less a Madhouse anime and more a "these specific people working on this show" anime. A lot of this crew was working for Bones two years ago for Space Dandy. It's more like a group of well connected free-lancers that seem to roam from studio to studio and set up shop when they have a project.

Which isn't to say Madhouse doesn't have a good resume, they do. But a lot of the people who are making OPM such a treat aren't Madhouse "regulars".

Madhouse has the most consistency tho, looking back. Hajime no Ippo, Death Note, Hunter x Hunter 2011, they are in my opinion the best on action based anime with dynamic lighting and stylized animation, and this was before even the OPM dream team was made.

But yeah, Production IG sounds good to me, I really liked their work on HQ too, but who knows who Toho has in mind.

cHaotix8

Ah yes, 2016 would be wonderful if we got both this and Jojo part 4 animated~

Yeah, right now is a great time for anime fans. I'm waiting until OPM season finishes before watching it all in one go and am marathoning JoJo's Part 3 right now. It's been a while since I've watched as much anime as I have this year, so hopefully the good stuff keeps rolling!

Hopefully MHA gets the animation team a series like this deserves. There's enough content now for two solid 13 episodes seasons, and come production time there may even be enough for 3. I'll glady take a break between seasons over poorly written filler with drawn out scenes, though.

Nightbird

I doubt it's gonna be long running. Toriko was the last long running adaption of a WSJ Series. Everything that came after that (World Trigger, Nisekoi, Assassination Classroom e.t.c) was aired in Seasons.

So I wouldn't worry about how far the Manga is ahead.

Jintor

lol. roaming tribes of animators, moving from pasture to pasture every season

Moaradin

Looks like an anime announcement might be coming sooner than we thought. Latest chapter apparently says an important announcement is coming soon.

edit: spin off manga was also announced this issue

I doubt it's gonna be long running. Toriko was the last long running adaption of a WSJ Series. Everything that came after that (World Trigger, Nisekoi, Assassination Classroom e.t.c) was aired in Seasons.

So I wouldn't worry about how far the Manga is ahead.
World trigger is not in seasons, its been nonstop. The filler arc started at ep48.

Yeah, right now is a great time for anime fans. I'm waiting until OPM season finishes before watching it all in one go and am marathoning JoJo's Part 3 right now. It's been a while since I've watched as much anime as I have this year, so hopefully the good stuff keeps rolling!

Hopefully MHA gets the animation team a series like this deserves. There's enough content now for two solid 13 episodes seasons, and come production time there may even be enough for 3. I'll glady take a break between seasons over poorly written filler with drawn out scenes, though.

I would be okay with some filler arcs, so long as they're properly spaced (as in, planned out and written between manga-arcs, rather than something thrown together to buy time until the manga puts out enough new material to begin animating that again). Some slice-of-life hero school comedy would be perfect.

Top Bottom