• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

No, I think the announcement came literally right after the anime was green-lit. I don't think they have a studio.

Who do you think greenlight's an anime? It's not jump. Jump gets proposals from studios and then they greenlight stuff. No company is ever going to green light something that's just an idea without any sort of details or plans

Damn frog fans, ruining things for errybody.

EDIT: Read the chapter, LOVED IT. Like, everything about it. Pretty sure All Might let them go, but that's rather the point, yeah? And Bakugou really stepped up there. Wonderful.

And to be fair, pretty much anyone besides All Might would've been done for long ago with the type of stuff Deku and Bakugou were dishing out

Chapter 65 was a good one. Does that mean we don't see the conclusion of the other pairs though? I was curious as to what happened with Froggy and "Black Falcon".

BTW, RUMORED staff info for the anime (TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT):

Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Script: Yosuke Kuroda
Chara. Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Production: BONES

Director's most recent directing job was Gundam Build Fighters (NOT Try) which in encouraging. Assuming this is all true of course.

I dont know why people make these rumors before the animes site and visual has yet to even be revealed.

If BONES is truly doing a jump adaptation, then I think its much more likely they will do the upcoming Twin Star Exorcists one.

Meffer

Damn frog fans, ruining things for errybody.

EDIT: Read the chapter, LOVED IT. Like, everything about it. Pretty sure All Might let them go, but that's rather the point, yeah? And Bakugou really stepped up there. Wonderful.

50760a52afa96f2fa90001a4.jpg

You jus' jelly.

Great chapter as usual. I wonder how the other teams are doing.

SalvaPot

50760a52afa96f2fa90001a4.jpg

You jus' jelly.

Great chapter as usual. I wonder how the other teams are doing.

I am really curious of how Iida and Ochako are doing, specially since Ochako went through character growth during her training, I want to see her actually pull her weight in a fight.

Deku89

I am trying to find the raws for the Spin-Off Preview but all I can find is Tsuyu fan-art.
I enjoyed the spin-off more than I thought I would. For some reason,
All Might signing every page in Izuku's notebook cracked me up. And also the part Izuku keeps on buying stuff online.
I hope it gets translated soon.

SalvaPot

Yeah. Except Deku grows up and has an actual motivation.

Pretty much, I was referring more to his design than its character, Deku wants to get stronger to be a hero and help people, Tsuna does not want to fight because he dislike the idea of joining the mafia, but finds himself forced to fight to protect those close to him. Tsuna is a really weird character helped A LOT by his supporting cast.

Meffer

It was canceled, and had a no-ending "Everything is the same, the journey has just begun", the last arc was good, I wish it was animated since it has the coolest powers.
Yeah that's right. I think a series that was cancelled that I was sad about was "Toto! The Wonderful Adventure", which was a cool, shonen take on the Wizard of Oz. I liked where it was going, got rather dark in some parts and had great art and fight scenes. And it got cancelled for whatever reason. It was a sad day.

SalvaPot

Yeah that's right. I think a series that was cancelled that I was sad about was "Toto! The Wonderful Adventure", which was a cool, shonen take on the Wizard of Oz. I liked where it was going, got rather dark in some parts and had great art and fight scenes. And it got cancelled for whatever reason. It was a sad day.

Yeah, it sucks when series with lot of potentials just are cancelled, makes you feel bad for the authors too since its clear they want to continue.

Nightbird

It was canceled, and had a no-ending "Everything is the same, the journey has just begun", the last arc was good, I wish it was animated since it has the coolest powers.

That annoyed me so much, both the ending and the fact that the last arc didn't got animated

Crocodile

That's a pretty cool celebratory image <3

Please don't kill off All-Might, I'll accept him being de-powered but I don't want him to leave us ;__;

Nah son, he's going to have to bite it at some point. It's going to be a pivitol point for Deku's character development and the series itself. Looking forward to how they handle it though I will of course miss All Might whenever it does actually happen.

All Might not dying would be a twist. He is the old mentor character from the last generation of X and also has been weakened to the point where he can hardly fight for more then half an hour. He has like, 5 death flags.

Nightbird

All Might not dying would be a twist. He is the old mentor character from the last generation of X and also has been weakened to the point where he can hardly fight for more then half an hour. He has like, 5 death flags.

Nah it's inevitable that he'll die. There's too much going on. I think even Deku realized that.

If All For One holds the "wills" or whatever of all its previous users then we will probably see All Might in dekus brain or Soul Room even if he dies at some point.

Nightbird

If All For One holds the "wills" or whatever of all its previous users then we will probably see All Might in dekus brain or Soul Room even if he dies at some point.

Imagine a little All Might appearing before Dekus inner eyes every time he's overthinking something to give him some advice lol

I want that to happen

SalvaPot

I can imagine the All for One user stealing All Mights power, and then uses it against Deku, and when the bad guy is about to win he realizes the power has run out because Deku has successfully inherited the power, cue asskicking.

WarRock

Damn the art in the latest chapter.

But I didn't like how
Deku ended up getting away from All Might.
They succeeding at this test lessens the overall impact of the lesson IMO.

Meffer

Damn the art in the latest chapter.

But I didn't like how
Deku ended up getting away from All Might.
They succeeding at this test lessens the overall impact of the lesson IMO.

I think one factor All Might had for the test was for Deku to fight back at him. Deku respects him greatly and thinks he'll never surpass him. But he his to. If he can never pass All Might he'll have a hard time carrying the torch.

WarRock

I think one factor All Might had for the test was for Deku to fight back at him. Deku respects him greatly and thinks he'll never surpass him. But he his to. If he can never pass All Might he'll have a hard time carrying the torch.
Yet he only tried after his partner was in a critical state *and* two failed escape attempts. He needs a harsh shake up after Stein and learning the background of his power.

The US volume 2 has been shipped and will be in my hands tomorrow c:

Anyone else pre-order? I don't think the online Shonen Jump thing started localizing the series until the tournament arc right?

My Hero Academia Smash (special chapter) isnt as funny as Lets Haikyuu!! or even funny at all. Though I love the various kid Midoriya faces. Doubt Ill follow up with the main academia smash series since I doubt viz will get it.

Jintor

BONESSSS

as long as they don't anime original end we're all good, nobody wants another soul eater ending on their hands

Top Bottom