• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

I'm totally cool with the new guys being the quick fix, and the old guys being the actual quality.

Used a personal pet peeve of mine, leaving a literal translation in quotes.

Really want the regular crew :/

Well compared to the Golden Age supes, which is the era All Might is drawing from.

Naw, All Might's more Silver Age Supes. He'd actually compete with Golden, but Golden's kind of a dick in spots (and not due to Superdickery stuff, but like genuinely scary sorta thing).

But yeah, he's hugely weaker than Silver Age Supes, so you're right about that.

SalvaPot

Yeah All Might is totally going to die. I want him to die with a badass boast.

Anyway, great chapter. We got introduced to more members of Class B, two new cat heroes and we get a training arc! I hope they don't breeze through it, I want it to be an actual challenge and see more interactions between the kids.

Used a personal pet peeve of mine, leaving a literal translation in quotes.

Really want the regular crew :/

Naw, All Might's more Silver Age Supes. He'd actually compete with Golden, but Golden's kind of a dick in spots (and not due to Superdickery stuff, but like genuinely scary sorta thing).

But yeah, he's hugely weaker than Silver Age Supes, so you're right about that.

Yeah you're right he's more Silver Age

asO1Mse.png

Kaminari has been getting more speaking lines, nice.
CVpLN7VWcAACiqR.png
CVpKnYxWsAEjFUz.png

Kota is a great new design for this part. I hope is pretty powerful. Training arc in this resort is bound to be exciting as its starting off way better than I expected. I hope they do have some lakeside/riverside beach.
CVpLufHXIAECffk.png

Was there ever a cross-magazine crossover? I mean both being at Shueisha will ease things up, but I still think that's not easy to pull off.

Not sure what magazine it runs in but Neo Parasyte (a tribute to the manga Parasyte) has had official crossovers drawn by the respective mangaka for series like Fairy Tail.

OPM and MHA are both Jump, just diff magazines

Nightbird

Not sure what magazine it runs in but Neo Parasyte (a tribute to the manga Parasyte) has had official crossovers drawn by the respective mangaka for series like Fairy Tail.

OPM and MHA are both Jump, just diff magazines

Nisekoi x My Love Story had a two chapter thing. So it is possible for Shuiesha.

OPM had a special chapter in jump as well.

That's good to hear (and especially stupid on my part because I now remember that I got first introduced to My love story trough the Nisekoi Crossover lol)

cntr

Banned
http://heroaca.com/jf2016/#TOHO

«青春バレーボールアニメ「ハイキュー!!」のキャラクターと夢のコラボでエール交換!?»

Got some sleep, asked someone to translate this line out of context, and he translated it as "A crossover between Haikyuu, the youth volleyball anime".

It's happening.

Grexeno

Chapter is out.

"Wow, hopefully we get a really cool trek through the fore........or they can just already be at the lodge."

I wonder if the author is maybe a bit too scared of a reader saying "this is dragging."

Meffer

Chapter is out.

"Wow, hopefully we get a really cool trek through the fore........or they can just already be at the lodge."

I wonder if the author is maybe a bit too scared of a reader saying "this is dragging."
I don't know, I'm enjoying that it's moving along. Now they're going to focus on increasing their power's strength next week, which I'm excited for. If they were still stuck in the forest it would've been another week or two of that before it moved onward.

cntr

Banned
Chapter is out.

MHA is super fast paced.

i don't get invisigirl's power.

getting wet/dirty should at least show the lines of her body/face.

but it's complete invisibility. so it might not just be light manipulation.

Meffer

From what we know, it's only her entire self that is invisible and it's her natural state. She cannot render any other material invisible so she would have to be naked to not be seen. Not sure if she has a shadow though, other than that she's completely solid in terms of matter since you can see where she is in the water. She be great in sneaking missions.

That would be excellent. Won't have to worry about filler hell or canon material being stretched for pacing.

I really do think that a few filler arcs wouldn't be terribly out of place. Like people've been saying, we're moving at a breakneck pace. Having some school slice of life stuff wouldn't at all unwelcome, IMO.

Nightbird

I really do think that a few filler arcs wouldn't be terribly out of place. Like people've been saying, we're moving at a breakneck pace. Having some school slice of life stuff wouldn't at all unwelcome, IMO.

Actually, I'm hoping this happens.
I am a big fan of interaction between main characters, and MHA delivers hard compared to other Shounen. I wanna see Bones extend on the time this class spends together, even if it's non-canon, just because the cast is so likeable. :)

Jintor

dude said 'it's weird and hard to explain', so don't expect answers until it becomes plot relevant i guess

How would they have filler arcs if this will be 12 or 24 episodes? I can see an ova or two.

Will be very surprised if this gets a 48+ eps anime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized, once the anime premieres, we're going to have waifu wars the likes of which even God has never seen.

*prepares the bunker*

When the anime premieres and people check the series out for the first time, can we try our hardest not to turn each page into a bunch of posts filled with spoiler bars? Especially since we have a manga thread that's actually getting some use?

Not trying to be a meanie or anything, just thought I'd throw that out there since it seems to happen in every anime thread that's an adaptation of something.

When the anime premieres and people check the series out for the first time, can we try our hardest not to turn each page into a bunch of posts filled with spoiler bars? Especially since we have a manga thread that's actually getting some use?

Not trying to be a meanie or anything, just thought I'd throw that out there since it seems to happen in every anime thread that's an adaptation of something.

I think that so long as this thread is linked (and bolded, underlined, highlighted, etc.) in the Anime OP, it should be kept to a minimum. You're still gonna see spurts of it because... people get excited, but during the downtime I think this thread could be a relief valve, as it were.

Top Bottom