• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

He really wanted to give Todoroki all the good panels this chapter, wow. Also Kaminari providing lighting for them all it looked like, he's easily in the upper tier ranks for power I bet.
CWxUb3nWcAAmhS_.png:large
CWxVjJpXAAEcisR.png

Kota first to get attacked? I wonder if he will be beat up then have to be saved by Midoriya.

WarRock

Villains are going to surprise attack Yuei students yet again? Deku JUST got surprised by a villain in a non school activity too.

C'mon now, there are more ways of making both groups fight. We didn't saw the complete fights for all of the Class A in the last test too, this time there's like 6 heroes and 40 students? Eeeeh =/

Ochako would look better blond, tbh.

I thought she was a blonde when the manga first started and did a double take when they showed her in color. It's weird to me that he draws her with no shading in her hair when her hair is a fairly dark brown. Makes it look blonde in the non-colored art which is probably why you feel that way.

I thought she was a blonde when the manga first started and did a double take when they showed her in color. It's weird to me that he draws her with no shading in her hair when her hair is a fairly dark brown. Makes it look blonde in the non-colored art which is probably why you feel that way.

I guess she'll grow on me, but yeah, i feel this way because of what you've said.

Jintor

Villains are going to surprise attack Yuei students yet again? Deku JUST got surprised by a villain in a non school activity too.

C'mon now, there are more ways of making both groups fight. We didn't saw the complete fights for all of the Class A in the last test too, this time there's like 6 heroes and 40 students? Eeeeh =/

might not be an out and out attack. Maybe they'll be sneakier this time around.

How did they know where to go is my question

it'd probably be a pain to screentone her hair errytime i'm guessing

Jintor

like you pointed out - there's six trained heroes and 40 newbies (and like half of them are at least somewhat experienced at this point). A head on attack like at USJ would be suicidal, they only did that because they had a goal and that was one class of 20 and they had no idea about how good at fighting they were.

I mean, they're crazy, but I'll be pretty disappointed if their first move is to simply go BOOM

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deku's going to be swole as fuck by the time he's able to make full use of One for All.

Lagamorph

Bought the kindle version of Volume 1 of this as I wanted to scratch both a manga and super powers itch....oh man, this more than satisfied that itch. It was freaking awesome! As soon as I was finished I went back to Amazon and bought volume 2. Soooo good!
Utterly gutted that volume 3 isn't out until February....

SalvaPot

Bought the kindle version of Volume 1 of this as I wanted to scratch both a manga and super powers itch....oh man, this more than satisfied that itch. It was freaking awesome! As soon as I was finished I went back to Amazon and bought volume 2. Soooo good!
Utterly gutted that volume 3 isn't out until February....

Welcome! Really glad you enjoyed, the series is a breath of fresh air for sure.

SalvaPot

It's way too early for them to be showing up. Also, it's villains attacking a school trip again.

Ah, but you see, this time is Rookie villains! See, its different!

But I get what you are saying its running a formula so far, but honestly I don't think its that bad, the sense of constant threats is exhilarating.

Won

The structure so far is interesting and the pacing good, but I do think it needs a little twist soon that allows our "heroes" to take some initative in the overarching plot.

SalvaPot

I guess we do need a breather or two. I love the pace, but this seems like its going on One Piece pace, when the only break you got was between islands. It makes me think that we will have more school life based fillers for the anime.

Nightbird

I guess we do need a breather or two. I love the pace, but this seems like its going on One Piece pace, when the only break you got was between islands. It makes me think that we will have more school life based fillers for the anime.

I would be completely fine by me as long the quality is the same

SalvaPot

I get the feeling one of the villains is about to run into Tokoyami's night-time Dark Shadow. And they'll have a bad time.

Oh man we haven't seen that in action in the night, right? Imagine a tag team between Tokoyami and Todoroki, using the fire to cast a huge shadow.

Grexeno

I feel like there is a happy middle-ground between One Piece pacing and current MHA pacing that the series should strive for.

SalvaPot

I maintain its still to early to compare MHA to One Piece, its a very young series and we haven't even seen how good it would do in the mainstream (And if the anime will be a faithful adaptation). What is true is that it had one of the best first years of every Shonen manga I have read.

Most Shonen, specially Jump series, seems to be slow starters that rely on a cool setting or character traits and get good with time, while MHA started brilliant from the very first 3 chapters (Honestly, what a way to setup the characters).

Meffer

So what are your guys' theories on how One for All works? I think that if a person that has a quirk receives One for All, his quirk merges with it. So when he passes One for All to the next person, his quirk is taken as well making One for All stronger.
So One for All is just a combination of quirks. I think experience is also passed on as well.

So what are your guys' theories on how One for All works? I think that if a person that has a quirk receives One for All, his quirk merges with it. So when he passes One for All to the next person, his quirk is taken as well making One for All stronger.
So One for All is just a combination of quirks. I think experience is also passed on as well.

I'm kind of inclined to think of it as a battery; whatever quirk you have is fueled by One for All, making you more powerful than you might have otherwise been. All Might doesn't have a wide range of abilities, just a single astonishingly strong one. How this interfaces with Deku is an interesting question.

Top Bottom