• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Meffer

I'm kind of inclined to think of it as a battery; whatever quirk you have is fueled by One for All, making you more powerful than you might have otherwise been. All Might doesn't have a wide range of abilities, just a single astonishingly strong one. How this interfaces with Deku is an interesting question.

I don't think so. Deku does not have a quirk naturally.

cntr

Banned
There were two quirks. All for One's brother had a quirk that could grant itself to others, which he was not aware of. AFO stole a quirk that allows people to accumulate strength without losing it, and gave it to his brother out of pity. The self-transfer quirk and the strength quirk merged together and became One for All, a single quirk.

One for All is two quirks which have been merged into one single quirk, which can transfer itself, like how All for One can transfer other quirks between people. The original owners were brothers, remember?

So One for All cannot transfer the native quirks that any of its users have. It can transfer only itself, and coexists with the other quirk(s) of its user. Think of how the Noumus has multiple quirks which exist simultaneously.

CX56DNjWsAAXz5i.png

Love Kaminari's comment and then the look of dread when they couldnt play with the others :(

I wish he hadnt rushed into getting the invaders so soon, we could have had so much more good times at camp and they didn't even do the usual camp things school series do :(

--

Kaminari fans iacross the pacific liked it too https://twitter.com/dagea3/status/684359605112053760
CX9VZ_pUsAAvtFs.jpg

The character designer is instead of making Bakugou all mean and everything, making him look insanely appealing and cool. Wow.
CY9UmbBUwAA6e_n.jpg:large

That's the thing about Bakugou, he kind of subverts the "mean bully" expectations in a lot of interesting ways. He doesn't (or hasn't) "reformed," or turned out to have a really good Freudian excuse, or have a secret heart of gold or anything like that. He's just that damn good. Nearly as good as he thinks he is. In a lot of ways he's built on a lot of more standard shonen protagnist tropes.

In most series, he'd either be a bit less of a jerk (and the hero), or not nearly as good (and be gone and forgotten by chapter 5). His current status as this curiously magnetic bastard is really fun.

Grexeno

It is interesting how the only completely positive aspect of his character seems to be that he has no interest in becoming anything but a hero.

If there's anything I really love about this manga it's how the side characters all get a focus and feel like actual characters, rather than simply being there to pad out the cast.

And that class B dude laughing at them was hilarious lol

That large crack from from his Cell Phone, just how sturdy is it, I also thought he was hit but?

At least the teacher was knocked out so Kaminari can get in some action against the villain in front of them.

WarRock

Damn, pros being overwhelmed fast this chapter. Love the lizard swordsman dude, he got Cloud's swords and brought them to a whole new level.

Top Bottom