• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Well the last chapter is incredible. The amount of detail and energy in the art has me astonished, it's so fucking good.

Midoriya is badass as fuck.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So I got a theory on the villains plan this arc
So Ka-chan is #1 right? What better way to scare the populous and deter the younger generation from becoming a hero than killing him and stringing his body up somewhere? The villain's are at a disadvantage with youth and numbers, so one way to fight the hero society is to strike at the hearts of their youth and numbers. Obviously easier said than done...

So I got a theory on the villains plan this arc
So Ka-chan is #1 right? What better way to scare the populous and deter the younger generation from becoming a hero than killing him and stringing his body up somewhere? The villain's are at a disadvantage with youth and numbers, so one way to fight the hero society is to strike at the hearts of their youth and numbers. Obviously easier said than done...

Definitely plausible. More likely than trying to recruit him for sure.

Grexeno

One thing I still find odd is that Dabi clearly said, in both translations, that there were 10 villains ("We can't start until all 10 of us are assembled.")

Where are the other 3 hiding?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One thing I still find odd is that Dabi clearly said, in both translations, that there were 10 villains ("We can't start until all 10 of us are assembled.")

Where are the other 3 hiding?

Maybe guarding smokie? He is their support class, since they don't got numbers they probs want to keep that debuff on as long as possible. Or patrolling the outer edges of the forest(where what's her face is) to make sure no one runs off for help?

cntr

Banned
Isn't one of the villains a splosion man too? The one with the stitches. Maybe that's related to what they want with Bakugou
His powers are "cremation" themed, that's why he's a zombie. He caused a tree to decay earlier, before the flame powers.

CZhwcmvUkAAjYR-.jpg:large

Would buy
if I had an extra $120
because it is probably my 2nd favorite outfit from a jump manga.

Jintor

I don't understand what dude toting the giant log's power is. Is that thing an attractor or sucks up things or something?

Moaradin

Inoue Marina voiced Yoko in Gurren Lagann. Probably the most notable role most people will know. Don't know much about the guy voicing Tokoyami, but he was Daryun in The Heroic Legend of Arslan and he was pretty good in that.

Qurupeke

It's a translation, but there are some images too, so I guess they're real.
The color page is a 2 page spread, the heroes are on the right side and the villains with new unshown ones on the left
Deku: AAAAAHHHHHH!!
Muscle Villain: (What!? Until a moment ago he was...)
Deku is using the 100% Smash
He is hitting the fake eye of the villain
The cliff they were fighting on has been destroyed by a ridiculous amount of destructive power
The Muscle Villain defends himself in a full body armor made out of his muscles
Deku picks up Kouta who was blown away by the punch
He wants to escape from the villain
The Muscle Villain gets serious now
Deku wants to call for help
(I can't win here for now. Wait, who is that on the road? Do they need help, too? No, i have to fight. Remember your Origin.)
Deku is determined to fight
The Muscle Villain catched up, Kouta wants Deku to run away with him
Deku is confused why the punch wasn't enough
The Muscle Villain mocks him
Deku: I won't run away any longer from you!!
The Muscle Villain gets excited, his whole arm is covered in muscles and direct at Deku
Deku thinks back to All Might's fight against the Noumu, how he gave more than 100%
He apologizes to All Might and his mother in his thoughts
Kouta uses his Quirk to save Deku and stop the Muscle Villain, but that doesn't have an effect on him
Deku's 100,000% Delaware Detroit Smash explodes on the villain
The Muscle Villain is send flying into the cliff, with a face of anguish
Kouta remembers what his parents told him: A hero will always risk their lifes to save others
Kouta: (My- My Hero...)
Deku rises with a cry of victory

Nightbird

Christ, that Chapter was ridiculous.

There should be nothing left from his arm after that 100000% smash

But I loved every second of it!

Edit: Carlsen Manga licensed the Hero Academia Manga in Germany. Volume 1 will release July 27th.

Top Bottom