• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

Yeah, I think its clear Bakugou wants to be a Hero, I can see him saying "Why would I want to be a villain when I can fight against you shitheads if I am a Hero?" and then proceed to kick ass.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most likely to turn is that mind controlling dude.

SalvaPot

If anyones going to turn i feel it'll be someone from Class-B.
Ittll be funny imagining Mineta betraying.

Only the Class Rep, psychic guy and the guy that is failing have been properly introduced so far, right?

Hmm, I don't know, I think it would be far more interesting is if it is someone from Class A. An evil Chocobro would be awesome too. Too cool to be a good guy.

Only the Class Rep, psychic guy and the guy that is failing have been properly introduced so far, right?

Hmm, I don't know, I think it would be far more interesting is if it is someone from Class A. An evil Chocobro would be awesome too. Too cool to be a good guy.

Haha yeah there arnt many established characters in class b but i was just thinking from an establsihed motivational pov. Since Class-B is already seen as inferior to Class-A and their homeroom teacher telling them similar things too i could see a link where power hungry students would jump at a chance to get strong quick or rebel.

Tokoyami does look cool tho, let him stay hero. Only Todoroki will be the "cool guy without trying" character left.
955HUra.png

CHp 77 was a waste of time. Just one panel of Todoroki and Bakugou and all they were doing was looking at a bush? We didnt need that time at the building with Kaminari and co still inside doing who knows what. Theres all these characters so why not use them! :(

SalvaPot

An evil Chocobro would be awesome too. Too cool to be a good guy.

Well, so Chocobro is not Evil, but his quirk is as dangerous as if he was, lol.

So much character development in this chapter, it has that One Piece quality in that its so full of content.

Sou Da

And you arrived just in time.

Man, what a great chapter that was. So its clear Deku is out of the battle for now, right?

Depends how much Hori is willing to turn up his badass notches. He's still got two legs left.

But with permission being given, I'd say yeah he's out.

SalvaPot

Depends how much Hori is willing to turn up his badass notches. He's still got two legs left.

But with permission being given, I'd say yeah he's out.

Man I want Chobocro to just go batshit insane in this one, impressing the Evil League so much they base their next plan around having his shadow take over his body, or at least to serve as a distraction.

Honestly we have 4 seemingly OP abilities so far in Class A, Deku with more potential to unlock, Todoroki with that Fire/Ice combo, Bakugou with his explosions that won't harm him, and now Tokoyami with his shadow power. And those are the ones we have seen put work so far, we have yet to see the full potential of the other ones.

Man I want Chobocro to just go batshit insane in this one, impressing the Evil League so much they base their next plan around having his shadow take over his body, or at least to serve as a distraction.

Honestly we have 4 seemingly OP abilities so far in Class A, Deku with more potential to unlock, Todoroki with that Fire/Ice combo, Bakugou with his explosions that won't harm him, and now Tokoyami with his shadow power. And those are the ones we have seen put work so far, we have yet to see the full potential of the other ones.

There was a thing in the spinoff about how Ochako's power violates reality on a pretty fundamental level; it was played entirely for laughs, but a more serious look at it could be impressive.

Puruzi

Banned
I don't remember how ochako's power works exactly, but can't she just make something that's stupid heavy weightless and just throw it at someone and remove the weightlessness?

SalvaPot

I don't remember how ochako's power works exactly, but can't she just make something that's stupid heavy weightless and just throw it at someone and remove the weightlessness?

Oh yeah! She can touch her hands together to "Release" the power, so she can do that if she wants to. Now that I think about it she did something similar when she lifted a pillar that Deku destroyed.

Now that I think about it is fairly similar to the character from One Piece that can change her weight at will (Ms. Valentine?), only with any object.

Haly

She has a physical limit to how much mass she can levitate. A very massive object would exhaust her pretty fast.

You're thinking too big. She makes something small entirely weightless, then gets it going really really really fast (which is easy 'cause it won't have any inertia), then gives it mass.

Mass drivers guys.

Haly

The things she makes weightless still have inertia, her ability isn't that easily abusable or else we would've seen it.

Crocodile

She has a physical limit to how much mass she can levitate. A very massive object would exhaust her pretty fast.

That's what training is for :p

The things she makes weightless still have inertia, her ability isn't that easily abusable or else we would've seen it.

This is manga, fuck physics! Also I doubt we've seen the full extent of anyone's power set already. Compare Luffy from chapter 1 to now - its less he powered up and more he learned to use his DF in new ways.

Haly

I don't think the manga is going to go that way for Ochako.

She makes things "floaty", is the basic idea. Forget about the whole physics thing or you'll wind up asking yourself why the objects she levitates are still rotating with the earth/sun/galaxy.

Damn that was a great chapter. This week was great with both One Piece and Boku no hero having awesome chapters.

I didnt realise at first but that Moonfish villains quirk is using his teeth.

Deku will probably get one last push before he completely collapses, would be great to see Tokoyami go on a complete rampage and f shit up.

cntr

Banned
It's the cartoon version of gravity. She nullifies gravity in the sense that the Earth doesn't pull down on the object, it still has inertia-weight.

Nightbird

It's the cartoon version of gravity. She nullifies gravity in the sense that the Earth doesn't pull down on the object, it still has inertia-weight.

Yep, it's easy to push or swing around stuff in zero gravity, wich is the state the objects she touches are in.

They still have their weight, but it's as if they are floating trough space.

But if that was the case, she'd have never been able to swing that pillar like that. It'd require an enormous amount of force to get it going at any sort of significant speed, gravity or no gravity.

I'm mostly just having fun with this, but I'm serious, I think she could end up being seriously OP somewhere down the line.

Top Bottom