• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Nightbird

But if that was the case, she'd have never been able to swing that pillar like that. It'd require an enormous amount of force to get it going at any sort of significant speed, gravity or no gravity.

I'm mostly just having fun with this, but I'm serious, I think she could end up being seriously OP somewhere down the line.

Same here, it's fun discussing stuff :)

Does it really require this much force even in Zero G?
My knowledge about this stuff is purely theoretical, so it's likely to be wrong about this :$

Same here, it's fun discussing stuff :)

Does it really require this much force even in Zero G?
My knowledge about this stuff is purely theoretical, so it's likely to be wrong about this :$

So, basically, the inertia of an object is tied to how much mass it has, not how much it weighs (which is mass * gravity). If an object requires X amount of force to reach Y speed in Z seconds along a flat trajectory (so gravity doesn't apply), it'll still require that much no matter what. If the pillar still had its full inertia, one of two things would happen: 1, she wouldn't be able to get it up to speed in a short swing like that, or 2, she wouldn't be able to hold on to the thing and it'd sail off into the sunset to crush some poor fool.

Ochako OP.

CbHWwagUEAAbnNw.jpg

Nice

Nightbird

So, basically, the inertia of an object is tied to how much mass it has, not how much it weighs (which is mass * gravity). If an object requires X amount of force to reach Y speed in Z seconds along a flat trajectory (so gravity doesn't apply), it'll still require that much no matter what. If the pillar still had its full inertia, one of two things would happen: 1, she wouldn't be able to get it up to speed in a short swing like that, or 2, she wouldn't be able to hold on to the thing and it'd sail off into the sunset to crush some poor fool.

Ochako OP.

So basically, the object may "lose" it's weight, but has still it's resistance wich you have to apply a certain amount of force against to move it right?

Jigolo

Hopefully it's only 12 episodes and then a 6 month break or something. If not, the pacing will probably not be so great.

Kansoku

I think they'll do up to chapter 57 (right after the Stain fight, ending on the new villains like that chapter), so 2 to 3 chapters an episode for around 24 seems right. I feel it would be too rushed with just 12/13, and MHA already doesn't beat around the bush, so 24 feels right.

Qurupeke

I think they'll do up to chapter 57 (right after the Stain fight, ending on the new villains like that chapter), so 2 to 3 chapters an episode for around 24 seems right. I feel it would be too rushed with just 12/13, and MHA already doesn't beat around the bush, so 24 feels right.

I agree with this. I feel there's not a great ending point for the series' first season, but the Stain fight should be the best option. I still wonder though, what extra content there will be. They can extend quite a few fights on the various tournaments.

Meffer

That's what I am thinking too. A few things are wrapped up after the fight too so it would be a good first season.

Grexeno

Basically the general idea is that the last few scenes of the show are Gran Torino and All Might talking about All for One, and Deku saying goodbye to Gran Torino.

Basically the general idea is that the last few scenes of the show are Gran Torino and All Might talking about All for One, and Deku saying goodbye to Gran Torino.

Yeah. Plus, it would provide a good pickup point for the next season with everyone getting back from their workplace experience giving a good point to reintroduce characters after a break

The show needs a great opening theme (the one from one punch man would've been amazing).

I'm hoping for something from FLOW.

No. FLOW hasnt done a good song in years. They should instead get Nothing's Carved In Stone, OLDCODEX, or DISH//.

ED Theme should be va song from Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, Kaminari, Kirishima, and then five girls for the 2nd ED theme.

Nightbird

OP should be something upbeat yet powerful to drive the Hero theme home.

At least for the first one. So Flow wouldn't be too bad for that.

No. FLOW hasnt done a good song in years. They should instead get Nothing's Carved In Stone, OLDCODEX, or DISH//.

ED Theme should be va song from Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, Kaminari, Kirishima, and then five girls for the 2nd ED theme.

Niji no Sora and Durarara's recent op aren't bad IMO. But i seriously love if they could capture the youth and power of "GO" That song is pure energy.

Agree with OLDCODEX and DISH. And maybe Granrodeo could work too.

I didn't know everyone knew him by that name. Probably my favorite page for multiple things like Todoroki eventually providing some defense (but Bakugou providing defense for Todoroki), and then the intense looking Kirishima. Im hoping he leaves that classroom and can play some role in this conflict.

Moaradin

is Deku ever gonna use his mask? I mean, it was pretty goofy... but he used it like one time lol. Got ripped in a fight and then it was gone.

Moaradin

That's the first Full Metal Alchemist opening song. It's pretty dope. I haven't seen these guys do anime songs in a while though.

Jay-Hova

Banned
He's generic and completely interchangeable with the electric dude at times.
He's no more generic than any of the main characters.
Don't see the issue here.
Same for electro.
How would you describe him and why have you forgot all of his cool/funny character moments and his dynamic with Bakugou?

Bakugou's expressions are the best. Chaotic good by definition, lol.

Shouji's quirk kinda reminds me of Nico Robin's devil fruit, interesting stuff.

Top Bottom