• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

prwxv3

To be fair Horikoshi grew up reading Naruto and One Piece. Just like how mangaka before him grew up with dragonball. Still with every similarity bakugo shares with sasuke there are many differences. Bakugo so far has been handled mush better then sasuke. Let's see how this plays out.

Kiss kiss. Yandere chan is pretty great. Not nearly as great as our heroines, obviously, but still great.

Her troll face was pretty amazing

Mangaka is secretly amazing at drawing scary ass faces. Remember Shigarasaki's reveal? God that was creepy.

Also the Naruto comparisons really do a disservice to the quality of this manga

Yeah, Bakugou's definitely got Sasuke-esque elements, but he's a much more entertaining take on the tropes in question. I also really doubt that he's going to accept the offer.

Meffer

What i understood is that she kinda sucks your blood if she gets in contact with it?

She needs to get the blood in her mouth, hence the term "kiss kiss". The machine she uses cuts the process in half. The knifes and syringes are connected to the pump on her back which then is pumped to the mask on her mouth.

Another great Bakugou (Tokyo Ghoul character designer Kazuhiro Miwa)
CcQtNFmW8AAiR0F.jpg:large

Jintor

She needs to get the blood in her mouth, hence the term "kiss kiss". The machine she uses cuts the process in half. The knifes and syringes are connected to the pump on her back which then is pumped to the mask on her mouth.

I don't know if the knife is, but the idea seems to be she jams the machine's stinger into a wound to try and extract as much blood as possible without necessarily having to create a massive wound.

I have to say it's kind of a failing on the mangaka's part that the action scenes are as hard to follow as they are. I don't think he's really great at drawing the eye to specific areas necessarily unless they take up the entire panel. I had to reread the bit where Yandere-chan stabs Uravity like three times before I noticed what the focus of the panel was supposed to be.

Jigolo

haha we will just end up having a seperate anime thread soon enough

hopefully the first season ends with the tournament
I don't really remember exactly but the tournament came after training with the midget dude, right? If so like another gaffer said I think they will end it after the training and the tournament will be their thing to make people come back and watch again

I don't really remember exactly but the tournament came after training with the midget dude, right? If so like another gaffer said I think they will end it after the training and the tournament will be their thing to make people come back and watch again

Nah, Gran Torino was after the tournament. That went straight into Stain.

Nightbird

Yea of course. I think everyone is discussing if it should be after fighting stain or before

+1 after.
End the season with showing all those new villains who were inspired by Stain. Make the people know that Stain was just the catalyst for something bigger.

That'll be a nice hook for the second season.

The PV was really great, I hope the series has a definitive OP like early Naruto and Bleach did. I think they translated Horikoshi's style pretty well. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Deku and Bakugou figures to go on preorder. I need Uraraka

Jintor

has anyone seen ura touch a thing with all five digits on a hand without making it float before? People on SA are speculating that she can't turn it on or off, so she just avoids holding things with all her fingers. Anyone want to go back through the manga and check?

Nightbird

This. End right at this moment:

Exactly what I had in my mind.

I'm pretty sure if MHA were not based on a manga, that moment would leave fans speculating for weeks. And since the anime is there to advertise the manga, it'll make people curious enough to go and buy the volumes just to see what's the deal with them.

It's the perfect moment to end a season, not only in terms of story-telling, but also from a business point of view.

cntr

Banned
has anyone seen ura touch a thing with all five digits on a hand without making it float before? People on SA are speculating that she can't turn it on or off, so she just avoids holding things with all her fingers. Anyone want to go back through the manga and check?
She's always used four fingers.

CcZpQ6FWIAEqIVC.jpg

Todoroki you had a great suggest but you failed to protect him, why :(

First half was alright second half was kind of dull as the girls didnt do anything cool like the boys did. Like (best panel)
CcZm19TWoAAAC0S.jpg

Top Bottom