• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Chapter is out man this
noumu
is scary looking. There has to be someone behind making them since he had it tailor made he said

I expect deku to be out cold for a week after this is over.

Meffer

Chapter is out man this
noumu
is scary looking. There has to be someone behind making them since he had it tailor made he said

I expect deku to be out cold for a week after this is over.
It's the All for One guy. He can give quirks. These noumu are a new method.
Anyway, ton of stuff happened! One thing I hate in manga is a rescue arc, or someone is kidnapped. I love that Deku was like "NO" and now they caught up with the villains. Things are getting really interesting.

So yeah, Schoolgirl villain is interested in Deku now. I thought that might be the case based on how she stared at him for a second when he showed up

It's the All for One guy. He can give quirks. These noumu are a new method.
Anyway, ton of stuff happened! One thing I hate in manga is a rescue arc, or someone is kidnapped. I love that Deku was like "NO" and now they caught up with the villains. Things are getting really interesting.

Keep forgetting about All for one :x

Jarmel

Banned
I have to imagine they'll free Baku otherwise they're going to get curbstomped. Deku is clearly in no condition to fight.

WarRock

Caught up after a month!

FUCK YES TOKOYAMI

Ochako throwing down and Deku dropkick fools while dashing around were cool stuff too.

I was actually thinking a bit back how we should be due soon for a villain reforming to the good side. There has to be at least one of those sometime.

Blood girl could definitely make a run for it
She gives me vibes similar to the fire breathing girl from Black Cat. So, maybe. She is going to be popular as fuck anyway.

There are a LOT of Naruto parallels in the series. I mean, look at how Eraserhead's intro is literally the exact same as Kakashi's.
Talking about Black Cat... Kakashi is literally a rip off from it. Go read Sven's backstory.

That last page was fucking hype, this mangaka is a genius.

It's scary but this is already crawling on my favorite-manga list, might take number 1 soon.

Nightbird

What an amazing chapter (again!). I like how Deku refused to accept that Bakogou and Tokoyami were kidnapped, and had a new plan on the fly.
It feels good to have an intelligent MC in a Battle Shounen.

It's scary but this is already crawling on my favorite-manga list, might take number 1 soon.

It is second on my list already, once Gintama ends, MHA takes the top spot in my personal favorites.

What an amazing chapter (again!). I like how Deku refused to accept that Bakogou and Tokoyami were kidnapped, and had a new plan on the fly.

It is second on my list already, once Gintama ends, MHA takes the top spot in my personal favorites.

My #1 is one piece, but lately i've been a lot more pumped with MHA. The intense chapters, the amazing art, and the interesting characters have me hooked (whereas one piece has been kinda weak lately).

SalvaPot

My #1 is one piece, but lately i've been a lot more pumped with MHA. The intense chapters, the amazing art, and the interesting characters have me hooked (whereas one piece has been kinda weak lately).

The last One Piece chapter was awesome.
The last Gintama chapter was awesome too.
This MHA was awesome.

Damn, what a time to be alive.

Nightbird

Same.
One Piece is still good, but I think it was rather boring prior to the last four chapters.

MHA on the other hand is like an express train, starting strong, and showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Its really refreshing!

I really hope psycho girl joins the heros.
I can imagine her stalking up Deku at school.
Haha I thought the same thing! The boy she link is referring to Deku right?

There is a disturbing lack of HxH on your list. However, MHA is giving the same exciting vibes from when I first read Naruto all those years ago. Only HxH and Tokyo Ghoul has manage that.

Nightbird

There is a disturbing lack of HxH on your list. However, MHA is giving the same exciting vibes from when I first read Naruto all those years ago. Only HxH and Tokyo Ghoul has manage that.

The only chapters of HxH that I actually read were the 8 that didn't got animated, so I don't count that one :p

It is one of my favorite series though ^^

TheFlow

Banned
You guys think Black Cover is good? I'm not seeing anything particularly good about it. The current fight has been weirdly drawn out and it should've ended already.
The current fight is pretty cool because we get to see more characters but I always feel like the chapters are rushed sometimes. It is on par with early naruto

Nightbird

You guys think Black Cover is good? I'm not seeing anything particularly good about it. The current fight has been weirdly drawn out and it should've ended already.

I haven't read a lot of BC, but from what I read it's a by-the-book shounen.
And considering what happened to Bleach, and where One Piece went, Black Clover is something that is back to the norm, and I suppose many people wanted to have an good, old, regular shounen again.

And least that's how I would explain the appeal.

rrc1594

Black Clover isn't anything special, but it has enjoyable characters. The world seems interesting so far and had good pacing. It doesn't try to make it's self over compacted.

The current fight is pretty cool because we get to see more characters but I always feel like the chapters are rushed sometimes. It is on par with early naruto
Whoa there, let's not get crazy.

I wouldn't call BC bad, but "good" seems like a stretch. It is ok. Not something I'd go out of my way to recommend though..

I thought BC was (is) pretty weak, but I started it right after a Fullmetal Alchemist reread (remains GOAT), so that's probably coloring it a little :p

It's definitely closer to something like Fair Tail than OP or MHA though.

BC is what you get when you put Naruto, One Piece and Fairy Tail into a blender and add a healthy dose of focus group testing into it. Though Jump is trying it's damnedist to prop it up as the next big manga, it's not showing much growth in volume sales and is probably much lower than they hoped they would be at this point.

TheFlow

Banned
Black Clover always looked super generic to me so I never really gave it a shot.

lol its not

I thought BC was (is) pretty weak, but I started it right after a Fullmetal Alchemist reread (remains GOAT), so that's probably coloring it a little :p

It's definitely closer to something like Fair Tail than OP or MHA though.
better than current fairy tail, toriko, and bleach for sure. I would put MHA above but not by a drastic margin.

Haikyuu>world trigger>MHA>Black clover>Hinomaru Zumou if I had to do a list of the newer manga

Cwarrior

World trigger is the secret best shounen the team battles are like rainbow six meets phantasy star online, when comes to combat there nothing like it, wish more shounen would copy it.

Read about 25 chapters of mha so far it feels a lot like Chunin exam naruto, I hope they give the other characters not in the main cast more screen time.

TheFlow

Banned
World trigger is the secret best shounen the team battles are like rainbow six meets phantasy star online, when comes to combat there nothing like it, wish more shounen would copy it.

Read about 25 chapters of mha so far it feels a lot like Chunin exam naruto, I hope they give the other characters not in the main cast more screen time.
Respect +1. So much thought goes into each battle that it is crazy.

Top Bottom