• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

What do you guys think of the Villain Alliance so far? I'm kinda disappointed in the defeat of a few, but at the same time, if we go by this last chapter, their attack might deal a blow to the heroes in another way, as in, a few folks will realize the true dangers of becoming a hero and end up quitting. What you do you all think?

I hope more characters get shirts, would get Bakugou's and Todoroki's, Kirishima and Kaminari. The official website has lots of potentially good merchandise.

CdIvWDeXIAEuWAd.jpg:large

One of the best artists for the fandom gave another good Kaminari and kirishima art.
CdGj9tkUUAA7JRA.jpg

What do you guys think of the Villain Alliance so far? I'm kinda disappointed in the defeat of a few, but at the same time, if we go by this last chapter, their attack might deal a blow to the heroes in another way, as in, a few folks will realize the true dangers of becoming a hero and end up quitting. What you do you all think?

Honestly, I think they might have come in a little too early.

But you're probably right that this is going to have repercussions. Belly laser dude is probably going to quit.

Nightbird

I think the Vallian Alliance is going to grow. Using either Bakogou or Tokoyami as poster child of "Heroes being sick of heroes" or they are just gonna brag about how their "juniors" went in against the Yusei pupils and basically won.

My point is, they are likely going to attract more people and start to carry out Shigaraki/Senseis plan

Meffer

I think the Vallian Alliance is going to grow. Using either Bakogou or Tokoyami as poster child of "Heroes being sick of heroes" or they are just gonna brag about how their "juniors" went in against the Yusei pupils and basically won.

My point is, they are likely going to attract more people and start to carry out Shigaraki/Senseis plan
I don't know, some of the villain's strongest in the group got their shit rocked hard.

TheFlow

Banned
Villains invading was way to early.

The classmates didn't learn shit and class b didn't get a chance to interact more with class a

Honestly, I think they might have come in a little too early.

But you're probably right that this is going to have repercussions. Belly laser dude is probably going to quit.

Hmm, I agree yet disagree at the same time. I don't mind when they came in, but I also feel we could have used a bit of breathing space. At least, to make it feel like the Villains were actually recruiting people. Maybe the author could have dropped some hints here and there about it, like a hero talking about Moonfish's breakout, or something similar to that for the others. Thinking about it now, we don't hear about Villains much at all in this series.

That's if Bakogou or Tokoyami get kidnapped. I wouldn't be surprised if the Villain Alliance "failed" their retrieval mission. A rescue arc would be interesting, however, with the Villains being thinned out, I don't see it happening. Not unless the author wants one of them to be brainwashed and have them fight their classmates.

The classmates didn't learn shit and class b didn't get a chance to interact more with class a

Yeah, I don't know how this training thing is going to end now. They have a direction, but I doubt official training is going to continue after this. As for Class B, eh. Judging from his little excerpts on characters, he's had them planned for a while, at least, a few of them. But I'm not really feeling them. However, the way things are going, if we are getting drop outs, then I imagine the two classes are going to get combined to form a new class.

TheFlow

Banned
Ah the two classes forming together would be awesome. Especially considering how class b has never faced real combat before.

Qurupeke

New Chapter is out.

I don't like that Bakugo was kidnapped. It really seems to go for the Naruto route, no matter what's his personality is. :/

New Chapter is out.

I don't like that Bakugo was kidnapped. It really seems to go for the Naruto route, no matter what's his personality is. :/

qysraCB.jpg

They might not be going the Sauce route. I didn't expect them to get Bakugo back anyway, not with all those villains there and with the shape Deku was in.
Bakugo didn't seem like he wanted to join them. Rather, he was protecting Deku from getting mauled from the amount of villains warping.

So I'm now convinced on the theory of the invisible girl being a traitor. It seems likely there was one (especially given the camps location change being found out pretty much immediately) and not only was she one of two characters whose location at the USJ invasion was never really ascertained (and her own explanation. Of where she was is suspect since it doesn't match up with info she knew). The other was laser guy who has pretty much been cleared of doubt by recent events. I'm also pretty sure she's the only student who has been completely unaccounted for during the camp invasion.

SalvaPot

lol at kidnap = Sasuke, situations are nothing alike.

I would have liked it better if they kidnapped Chocobro, his power seems far more ripe for manipulation.

upandaway

Have to say I'm really into the way the panels worked during this arc. Like when Shouji pushed Himiko away from Deku in the background of something else.

Yeah, aside from Kacchan being Deku's "friend" it isn't particularly similar. I doubt its going to be handled the same either. I'm pretty sure it's going to be full fledged heroes attempting the rescue, at least, initially.

Nightbird

Maybe people think it's the same because the sauce was also transported away before Kimimaro was stopped, and Sauce left on his own

Jigolo

Who started the forest fire?

That big lizard guy is still there with the boys, yes?

Who made the portals?

Gracias

I bet All Might's going to die during the rescue attempt.

I think it's a bit too soon for All Might to die. He's still the symbol and Deku isn't quite ready to fully take up the torch just yet. What I think will happen is that he'll pull a Deku and go above his limits, which, unlike Deku, he won't be able to fully recover from, leaving him significantly weaker. It would put Deku on a fast track to master OfA.

Speaking of pulling a Deku, does anyone think they are going to try and pull Deku from the school for his his own good? The Nurse already warned him about this and, despite the circumstances, his body can't keep taking this punishment.

Can't imagine Bakugou taking something like that well. I imagine there'll be some consequences but that might be too much for the poor guy

Pretty much my thinking. He really admires All Might, in his own... unique... fashion; would be a great way to spur his character development.

I think it's a bit too soon for All Might to die. He's still the symbol and Deku isn't quite ready to fully take up the torch just yet. What I think will happen is that he'll pull a Deku and go above his limits, which, unlike Deku, he won't be able to fully recover from, leaving him significantly weaker. It would put Deku on a fast track to master OfA.

Speaking of pulling a Deku, does anyone think they are going to try and pull Deku from the school for his his own good? The Nurse already warned him about this and, despite the circumstances, his body can't keep taking this punishment.

That's the thing, they're clearly building to the point where the status quo is outright broken. Killing All Might before Deku is ready is pretty much a necessity, with the top hero falling and nobody around to step into his shoes.

Pretty much my thinking. He really admires All Might, in his own... unique... fashion; would be a great way to spur his character development.

That's the thing, they're clearly building to the point where the status quo is outright broken. Killing All Might before Deku is ready is pretty much a necessity, with the top hero falling and nobody around to step into his shoes.

Endeavour will do it, and you'll like it.

SalvaPot

I feel that the page when the villain says to Todoroki "How sad Todoroki Shouto" is foreshadowing a relationship between the two, it seems too personal.

Crocodile

Wait, why do we think
there is a traitor? Did I miss something?

Anyway cool chapter though I hope they don't take this down a dumb/cliched route.
Might have been more interesting if both Bakugon and Black Falcon got taken or only the later rather than the friend's rival.

SalvaPot

Wait, why do we think

Anyway cool chapter though I hope they don't take this down a dumb/cliched route.
Might have been more interesting if both Bakugon and Black Falcon got taken or only the later rather than the friend's rival.

I read a fan theory somewhere that
invisible girl is likely the traitor.
She is the only Class A student unaccounted for so far.

Wait, why do we think

Because the villains keep tracking down Class A. Something's up.

Top Bottom