• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Nightbird

Other theory I found on reddit:

Is there a possibility that Dabi is one of Todorokis brothers Endeavor created in his quest to create the strongest child?

Despite all of the Bakugou questions, this chapter just left me with one big thought: Could the flame guy be Todoroki's brother?
I think it was said that because of Endeavor's obsession, Todoroki was basically isolated from the rest of his family, so it could be that his brother becoming a Villain was unknown to him.
I mean, that 'How sad Todoroki Shouto' when they are face to face on page 17 just makes it look like there's something more between then.

Nice theory.. I like it... Maybe Dabi could've been Endeavor's "failed attempt" of a child? Probably treated Dabi like trash because he wasn't good enough to be his successor or something, let alone catch up to All Might's level, resulting into Dabi joining the villains. He probably despises heroes because of his father, if this theory is correct.

Sounds plausible to me!

Jintor

I can't remember if there was actual traitor talk before in story, was there? Couldn't it just be a villain with an info related quirk?

Meffer

I can't remember if there was actual traitor talk before in story, was there? Couldn't it just be a villain with an info related quirk?
That's also possible. There's a lot of things that the villains could do to get info from. Like maybe a quirk that uses a human proxy or something, or they have an inside-man.

upandaway

I was thinking how if they managed to sneak Bakugou out without anyone noticing, they could clone him with the shadow guy and slip him back into the group as a spy. Don't really know how the shadow guy's quirk works though.

Meffer

I was thinking how if they managed to sneak Bakugou out without anyone noticing, they could clone him with the shadow guy and slip him back into the group as a spy. Don't really know how the shadow guy's quirk works though.
You mean the guy that speaks on opposites? Yeah, he can make copies of people but we don't know how it exactly works nor its limits. And the shadow guy can warp using portals which are an extension of himself.

SalvaPot

Please make sure Manga spoilers stay out of it. That stuff made the One Punch Man OT really annoying to read sometimes.

Yeah I was thinking that too, I think its a given, but I'll make sure I put "Attempt no Manga Spoilers" somewhere visible and repeat it a few times on the OP, and be sure to link this thread.

Nightbird

Yeah I was thinking that too, I think its a given, but I'll make sure I put "Attempt no Manga Spoilers" somewhere visible and repeat it a few times on the OP, and be sure to link this thread.

Could you also try to make people not tease upcoming events too much?

It gets pretty annoying for Anime onlys to read "Just you wait until
may or may not be unnecessary spoiler
! It'll blow your mind!" multiple times after every episode.

I think this should be included in the spoiler rule. Don't forbid it entirely, but remember them to tone it down a bit. :)

cntr

Banned
You mean the guy that speaks on opposites? Yeah, he can make copies of people but we don't know how it exactly works nor its limits. And the shadow guy can warp using portals which are an extension of himself.
wow, I just realized that the guy has a split personality because he splits people.

Arabesque

The Dabi=One of Endevors "failures" theory sounds plausible enough. Makes sense why he'd introduce himself without using his actual name like that then.

I read a fan theory somewhere that
invisible girl is likely the traitor.
She is the only Class A student unaccounted for so far.

Less fan theory and more official
translators
theory. He wrote like pages of why he thought
she
was the traitor, and frankly, it is becoming increasingly suspicious how much she seems to disappear and suggest things that lead to the villains appearing.

She's with Aoyama. She and Jirou can both be seen unconscious on page 7 of the last chapter.

OR MAYBE THAT WAS JUST AN INVISIBLE BUST AND SHE'S RUNNING AROUND NAKED GIVING THE VILLIAN INTEL!

Or Dabi was going there because he thought that was were they agreed to meet. Point is, she's the prime suspect

There was an implication of that after the first invasion, but not followed after or given much attention. It was brought up again when this invasion happened and Eraserhead was rushing to the battle before Dabi fought him (he didn't want to consider the possibility that there was a traitor among them, but since their location was top secret he had to face it).

Jintor

From a storytelling perspective, why would
you make a character you haven't given any real focus to whatsoever the traitor? It has next to zero emotional impact without getting the reader invested first.

From a storytelling perspective, why would
you make a character you haven't given any real focus to whatsoever the traitor? It has next to zero emotional impact without getting the reader invested first.

Keep in mind, if there is a traitor, we'll probably get an up-close-and-personal look at the suspects soon. After the rescue, the natural place to go is a mole hunt.

Meffer

I'm sure there will be a rescue arc but I'm damn sure it won't be the students that'll partake it. The teachers might and they will know where to go.

Meffer

I actually think if they can't convince him to join, they'll turn him into a noumu. What better way to make chaos than make an example?

Meffer

That would be too dark, imo. Huge balls if the author actually goes that route.
I actually think it would work since it would make Bakugou remember being almost possessed by the slime guy in the first chapter and fight back. He's a guy that doesn't want to be used.
And also, I wouldn't be surprised if the author did that. This manga has some very powerful moments like Stain's "Come at me, bro!!" moment.

Could you also try to make people not tease upcoming events too much?

It gets pretty annoying for Anime onlys to read "Just you wait until
may or may not be unnecessary spoiler
! It'll blow your mind!" multiple times after every episode.

I think this should be included in the spoiler rule. Don't forbid it entirely, but remember them to tone it down a bit. :)
Yeah, I think you should put a banner so that manga readers are as vague as possible. Telling people that something will happen right after said event is kind of a spoiler in my opinion.

Meffer

Yeah, I think you should put a banner so that manga readers are as vague as possible. Telling people that something will happen right after said event is kind of a spoiler in my opinion.
There should also be a mention that the manga thread is spoiler-tastic since we talk about the up and up every week. So they should avoid this thread if people just want to stick with the anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just ban all manga discussion/mangafueled "speculation"/winking-nudging.

Someone is going to get upset at some point and you're going to get 2-3 pages of worthless bickering.

Spoiler culture is stupid anyway but drawing a hard line is the only way to keep things organized. Manga readers can stay in here.

Moaradin

There really isn't any need for any of that stuff since we already have a dedicated manga thread that's fairly active. Keep the anime thread anime only. Maybe post a link to this thread for manga talk.

Nightbird

Yeah, it was kind of painful in the OnePunchMan Thread.
I want to avoid such a situation as much as possible, because I think that made some people leave the weekly episode discussion since half of the pages were just black bars

Meffer

I don't think it'll hurt for this thread to talk about the anime either like saying, "Oh I like how they did this scene," or something like that.

Nightbird

I don't think it'll hurt for this thread to talk about the anime either like saying, "Oh I like how they did this scene," or something like that.

Oh no, it won't, but I was talking more about how every manga reader was teasing the final fight the whole time, it became a bit annoying (even though I admit I took part in this for a while >.>)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What I meant was this place would be good for anime + manga and another thread could be for just anime.

Trying to mix anime + manga and only anime always ends up in tears.

Moaradin

Spoiler bars are obnoxious when they fill the entire page. It also gets weird when you have no idea if people are talking about manga spoilers or anime spoilers (people tend to spoiler stuff that just aired to give people time to watch the episode) and a lot of times people are just bad a using spoiler tags. I'd rather just not see any of that stuff in that thread. There's no reason why we couldn't have those discussions in this thread.

Grexeno

Also people will be like "this series sucks because x" and you'll desperately want to explain to them that x is fixed later.

Also people will be like "this series sucks because x" and you'll desperately want to explain to them that x is fixed later.

Or that what they think is X is actually a headfake because it's really Y and there's a huge reveal coming up.

My 2c: People will talk about manga spoilers. It is an inevitable part of any adaptation, the source material always comes up, one way or another. Better to have a policy that acknowledges and accounts for that. Have all manga spoilers tagged and marked as manga spoilers specifically and that should be fine.

Oh, and snagging TV Gaf's policy that anything that's aired is fair game will cut down on confusion a lot.

SalvaPot

OPM is a weird example since it features the anime, the Manga and the Webcomic, so if you are not up to the web comic chances are you are going to fear any and all spoiler tags.

Anyway, I think I am going with this:

Rules and Suggestions

1) Manga Spoilers should go to the Manga Thread (Click here) and are heavily discouraged in the Anime thread, if you have the need to discuss manga spoilers in relation to the anime, be sure to spoiler tag them AND mention they are manga spoilers. A good hero is always mindful of others.

2) Everything aired is fair game and there is no need to spoiler tag it. If you haven't watched the most recent episode yet, avoid this thread until then. A good hero is always well informed.

3) Avoid sexually explicit pictures, remember some of us are at work or with grandma. If its something you wouldn't show grandma, but still want to share with the thread (And its not against NeoGAF ToS) then you can link to it with a NSFW tag. A good hero is always looking out for his peers.

Oh nice
CdeThdPVIAAdSJJ.jpg

CdeThE3UMAAwzei.jpg

Puruzi

Banned
3) Avoid sexually explicit pictures, remember some of us are at work or with grandma. If its something you wouldn't show grandma, but still want to share with the thread (And its not against NeoGAF ToS) then you can link to it with a NSFW tag. A good hero is always looking out for his peers.

this is a weird one lol

most people on this site know not to post lewds

TheFlow

Banned
OPM is a weird example since it features the anime, the Manga and the Webcomic, so if you are not up to the web comic chances are you are going to fear any and all spoiler tags.

Anyway, I think I am going with this:

Rules and Suggestions

1) Manga Spoilers should go to the Manga Thread (Click here) and are heavily discouraged in the Anime thread, if you have the need to discuss manga spoilers in relation to the anime, be sure to spoiler tag them AND mention they are manga spoilers. A good hero is always mindful of others.

2) Everything aired is fair game and there is no need to spoiler tag it. If you haven't watched the most recent episode yet, avoid this thread until then. A good hero is always well informed.

perfect. this should be added to the Ot

Top Bottom