• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

No way, gotta end on All Might's video message, right?

I don't think there is enough time for that. Chapter 2 of the manga the explication of One for All, the training, the montage and the "Eat this" scene. Chapter 3 is the introduction of Ochako and Iida and of course the entrance exam. I can see the montage training/studying montage taking its time or the actual exam taking time to introduce the abilities of other characters.

The acceptance video is until the end of Chapter 4, that is mostly dedicated to the aftermath of chapter 3 (The bruised arm, Ochako protecting him from the fall, healing and his mom reaction).

Jintor

Ah right, i forgot about the training montage + explanation. You're right, the vid message would probably be the first half of ep 4, latter half would be the throw training?

Oh yes Kirishima gets merchandise. Need
CfxJ1fUWEAEJWqk.jpg

Is anyone else bothered by Todoroki getting too much screen time? I understand that he's the second most popular character but I really wish Horikoshi would put him on the bench sometimes...

Is anyone else bothered by Todoroki getting too much screen time? I understand that he's the second most popular character but I really wish Horikoshi would put him on the bench sometimes...

It's one of the best written characters he has, i'm actually enjoying all the todoroki.

We just need more Ochako
and tsuyu

Ross61

I feel like the authors listened to all the common complaints of shounen and tried not to do any of them. I think he's really focused on not letting this drag, but at the same time some arcs needed to breathe more. Like, the kids didn't even get time to noticeable improve upon their powers in the last arc.

cntr

Banned
I feel like the authors listened to all the common complaints of shounen and tried not to do any of them. I think he's really focused on not letting this drag, but at the same time some arcs needed to breathe more. Like, the kids didn't even get time to noticeable improve upon their powers in the last arc.
Horikoshi is both a manga nerd and a comics nerd, and all during the internet era. He doesn't just listen to the complaints, they were complaints he thought and discussed himself.

That's one of MHA's strengths, canceling out the negatives of Japanese and American comics by fusing them both.

Ross61

Horikoshi is both a manga nerd and a comics nerd, and all during the internet era. He doesn't just listen to the complaints, they were complaints he thought and discussed himself.

That's one of MHA's strengths, canceling out the negatives of Japanese and American comics by fusing them both.

I know, but both the Field Training Arc and School Trip Arc could have benefited from some more fleshing out.

SalvaPot

They absolutely destroyed them, daaamn.

Where is the story going now? We still know the final boss is free, but I doubt this is the end for shigaraki.

Maybe they are going to reveal the secret of the noumu to the public? If they are made of different people that could cause a public uproar.

Damn good chapter, I didn't expect them to be this effective.

Lunar15

Just caught up after starting for the first time last monday. Really great! It's pretty tropey, but the pacing makes it feel fresh. Deku is fun to watch and the characters feel good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God damn, the heroes just wrecked them in an instant. They are the pros for a reason.

Something tells me All for One is going to show up and even in his current state he'll still do considerable damage. This did feel too easy after all.

Meffer

I always read the FA version, its really really good and provides a different flavor than the official release. Feels more raw. The Viz version its great too.
Absolutely, while MS"usually" translates it first nowadays. It feels rushed and some of the dialogue feels confusing. FA fleshes out their work and feels like a proper localization. And Viz is the same and I want to support this.

SalvaPot

I agree but I didn't know we could name nanes.

I think the rule was to not link to it? Just to be safe I'll edit it out, we should all do the same for the quotes.

Don't forget to buy the official release, kids. I still hate Shonen Jump is blocked in my region, but I still import the Viz releases.

Meffer

I think the rule was to not link to it? Just to be safe I'll edit it out, we should all do the same for the quotes.

Don't forget to buy the official release, kids. I still hate Shonen Jump is blocked in my region, but I still import the Viz releases.
Of course, I love this series and preorder every volume as soon as they're available.
The wait between each volume however is killer.

SalvaPot

Hey, at least you guys are getting it eventually. Here on México there are no news in sight, I hope the anime really blows up because I love the spanish translations, they are really good at getting double meanings and dialogue across, something I feel the english translations sometimes are not able to replicate.

Nightbird

Hey, at least you guys are getting it eventually. Here on México there are no news in sight, I hope the anime really blows up because I love the spanish translations, they are really good at getting double meanings and dialogue across, something I feel the english translations sometimes are not able to replicate.

Oh that's bad :(

But I'm sure a Spanish version will happen. Hero Academia is on a good track to become Jumps biggest series since Bleach and Gintama in 2004, and those got Spanish versions too right? :) (sure they had several successful and big series since then, but I think Hero Academia can pass those)

Top Bottom