• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

With a side order................OF JUSTICE

*Smashes wall*

OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

eWHzD3K.jpg

Yeah, that was super fucking easy.

I noticed that Kamui didn't really properly bind Shiragaki, so I'd expect him to break out in a second, possibly killing Woodboy in the process. What happens after is kind of a big question mark, though.

cntr

Banned
Remember these are professional heroes against newbie villains, villains who got beaten up by teenagers.

It's going to be All for One, I'm certain.

The thing is, would the author kill All Might without Deku being there to watch it?

Also, i'm re-reading the sports festival arc and is so so good. Might be top #3 favorite shonen arcs.

rrc1594

The thing is, would the author kill All Might without Deku being there to watch it?

Also, i'm re-reading the sports festival arc and is so so good. Might be top #3 favorite shonen arcs.

Maybe it has happened in other mangas. If I was villain I would broadcast killing All Might since he is suppose to be the symbol of hope.

This whole event is being resolved already. Their disguises and such seemed wasted, and worst they didnt do anything. I guess we got comedy scenes but still.
CgV36iQUIAAe5V_.jpg

Surely we could have gone a bit longer before the heroes and others showed up, or actually had them fight them and then the older heroes save them.

Bakugou panel was the best, to be saved by your childhood hero...twice, nice.

CgV531tUMAA7Mw1.jpg

What happened was too easy which is why i aint calling it a disapointment yet cause its pretty much a setup chapter for something bigger
Maybe

Jintor

a few possibilities:

1) Heroes have already won, no twist. Complete wild card from here, not sure what point of arc was other than recovering Baku.

2) Something happens (ace up sleeve, A41 turns up and wrecks shop, etc), and:
2a) All Might carks it
2b) All Might's weakness is exposed

3) A41 batman gambitted this whole thing and is using the villain league takedown as a distraction for something else entirely

4) ???

I'm betting on 4

Id be really disappointed in Horikoshi if it was A) we basically wouldnt have gotten anything out of this arc other than they're mass producing Noumus and storing them in warehouses?

So id go with C making the most sense.
All for One using the kidnapping as bait to get allot of the top heroes in one place while something else goes down but i wanna be surprised so surprise me horikoshi.

SalvaPot

It just occurred to me, now I want to change the Anime OT title to My Hero Academia Anime |OT| We are up All Might to get lucky. Maybe for Season 2...

The distraction point seems good. Maybe there's something bigger being setup now.

I want something big to happen and change a bit how the world works, though i can't help feeling that is too soon and we need more time with the young heroes doing lighthearted stuff a bit.

Japan Manga Sales April 11th - 17th
14. *56,437 *,277,672 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.8
39. *18,415 *,521,534 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.2
40. *18,328 *,537,635 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.1

41. *18,088 *,362,798 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.7
46. *17,613 *,491,255 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.3
48. *17,154 *,461,776 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.4
49. *16,814 *,443,292 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5
50. *16,470 *,418,682 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.6

Great news for heroaca, if it can do this the rest of the year.
I think its good considering only two eps had aired in this time frame.

NandoGip

Binge read all 87 chapters... I started on Monday. I haven't watched an anime since Gurren Lagann. If I loved MHA, can you guys recommend another manga for me?

Jintor

If you haven't already read One Punch Man, go read One Punch Man. It's not really the same thing, but I read both of them in the space of a month and that was pretty decent

SalvaPot

Binge read all 87 chapters... I started on Monday. I haven't watched an anime since Gurren Lagann. If I loved MHA, can you guys recommend another manga for me?

I agree with Jintor, One Punch Man is the other coin of the same premise, a guy that is so overpowered he gets sad and bored. Its pretty funny, give it a read if you feel like it.

For underdog stories, I'll recommend Hajime no Ippo, its a boxing anime (In the US its know as Fighting Spirit, there is a quality anime you can watch online). Be aware the series is looooooooooooooooooooooong, but its pretty good.

For something more close to the emotional parts of MHA, you can try HunterxHunter, the 2011 anime if you feel like it, its arguably the best Shonen Anime series of all time.

Deadly

Care to expand on that? With spoilers of course.
Big spoilers, shit goes down.
We find out Shigaraki is the previous One for All's son, his real name is Shimura Tenko. He seemed to have been captured or abandonned when he was young but then All for One picks him up. They talk, he goes nuts and Nomous invade EVERYONE suddenly. They come out from some portals that is NOT from Kurogiri. Bakugou is taken by one of these and Shigaraki is transported to safety. They're like sludgy portals that can consume you.

At the other location, All for One himself appears, he took Ragdoll's quirk and all the heroes there are killed (off-panel). From what I understand, he's the one that summoned the 'portals'. Deku and co. are panicking as fuck. Last page is his face, he wears some kind of helmet. I think he's about to face them at the end since he has Ragdoll's quirk which detects everything so he definitely should know that they are there.

Meffer

One of the guys in the anime thread said he stopped around chapter 70 or so because he felt like nothing was really happening. Oh how wrong he is. In fact, I say I have to respectfully disagree with anyone who says the manga feels like it's going nowhere. This next chapter is the goddamn proof.

Jigolo

One of the guys in the anime thread said he stopped around chapter 70 or so because he felt like nothing was really happening. Oh how wrong he is. In fact, I say I have to respectfully disagree with anyone who says the manga feels like it's going nowhere. This next chapter is the goddamn proof.
Well he's not wrong. I never felt true danger in this series

Deadly

Holy shit.
so Mt. Lady and Best Jeanist died?!
Yes. It all happens in a second. Deku is like what the fuck just happened right now. The last page's tagline is "Pro heroes sudden death?!" Like I said it's off-panel so there could be a small chance they're alive but I doubt it.

Worst part about all this is that next week is break :(
I think true danger was shown during the School Trip arc when they got invaded. Had me scared what was going to happen there.

I agree bit cause most of the time they were in danger they werent alone and even had pro heroes with them... but you cant lie that Deku vs Stain on his ones and the super strong guy which wrecked deku in the previous arc didnt cause some danger.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I had been meaning to read this manga since I first heard about it, but hadn't had time to before. Then the anime came out, I watched the first two episodes together and then couldn't wait to dig into the manga. I started at chapter 1 and I'm all caught up with the rest of you guys. Man it is great!!!

Deku was really badass against the external muscles guy.

I couldn't help but laugh at the panels when Todoroki thought Deku was All Might's illegitimate child and when they show the panel of the boot camp "torture training" lmao.

The Stain character really looked like he was based off a combination of 90's extreme x-men and TMNT.

A question about one of the noumo during the slain arc.
Was that wing noumo that took Midoriya the kid that was friends and a lackey of Bakugou?

Also I'm assuming that the traitor or information leak was
Ragdoll?

Jintor

man this might be the first time in a long time I'm dying for the latest chapter of a manga to hit. Spoiler talk is hitting all kinds of places (censorbarred thankfully) and I'm fucking JONESING to find out what's up

reading serials is suffering

Top Bottom