• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well... fuck.
Did A41 kill all those heroes in an instant? God damn.
Sounds like this is the dark direction some people have been looking for.

And yeah, last chapter WAS too easy. Bakugo is kidnapped again.

Stupid Golden Week...

Spinx

So how did All Might defeat this guy ?

Looking at that chick that had the "Search" quirk, she became a vegetable after AfO took it. Zero chance of Bakugou losing his.

Meffer

I had been meaning to read this manga since I first heard about it, but hadn't had time to before. Then the anime came out, I watched the first two episodes together and then couldn't wait to dig into the manga. I started at chapter 1 and I'm all caught up with the rest of you guys. Man it is great!!!

Deku was really badass against the external muscles guy.

I couldn't help but laugh at the panels when Todoroki thought Deku was All Might's illegitimate child and when they show the panel of the boot camp "torture training" lmao.

The Stain character really looked like he was based off a combination of 90's extreme x-men and TMNT.

A question about one of the noumo during the slain arc.
Was that wing noumo that took Midoriya the kid that was friends and a lackey of Bakugou?

Also I'm assuming that the traitor or information leak was
Ragdoll?
Yes on the winged noumo question. That means they're abducting people and turning them into noumo.

cntr

Banned
what the fuuuuuuuck

Edit: that goddamn parallelism with
It's okay. I'm here now.

Edit 2:
Shimura was All Might's teacher's name!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So how did All Might defeat this guy ?

Looking at that chick that had the "Search" quirk, she became a vegetable after AfO took it. Zero chance of Bakugou losing his.

All Might was much stronger before his battle with him. A41 is the reason he's an emaciated stick constantly coughing up blood.
Plus, A41 probably ordered Tomura to find Quirks for him to use in that time downtime.

Oh boyyyy
Tbh, I doubt they died, but I'm sure they'll be out of work for a while.
Could be a translation thig but doesnt seem that unlikely
uYyxjMr.png

Also, guess whose quirk All for One used to find Shigaraki?

Ragdoll right...
From the wikia
Her Quirk allowed her to observe and monitor up to 100 people at a time, including their location and weak points.

;_;

rrc1594

Shit got real, I mean shit got real. Hopefully he is a real villain and he does bad shit because he is just evil. Not some misguided moral reason, like most Naruto characters. Which had one true villain.

Itachi

SalvaPot

I did well in not reading the spoilers, holy shit that went down FAST.

Where exactly did they mention Shimura's father was the previous 14All? I may have missed that, but damn that does that put some much needed drama to his motivation to hating All Might. Bakugou was kidnapped again, I don't like that, I'll rather he be rescued right now so he can regroup with the others, but we'll see.

Also we get a cameo from another character from Oumagadoki, shark guy. That design is so good, I hope he keep bringing them in.

Exciting times ahead!

Nightbird

That was an excellent set up by the author. He displayed the villains as severely incompetent and unorganized from the get go, presenting them as your average level one shonen teams full of dysfunction, angst, and general lack of conformity to a solidified goal. The Heroes, the professional heroes, are mostly given this air of competence and success in just about everything they do when performing in squads.

However, just when the Heroes look as if they are about to lay the boot of justice on the villains, the main Villain shows up like the chosen one main character of any given shonen and reverses the entire situation. So many little tropes are subverted in such a great way so that it all maintains an air of genuine shock and surprise.

This is some good stuff. I'm officially hyped.

Couldn't have said it better. Especially the last part. It plays a huge role in my love for MHA. Thanks anon from 4ch.

cntr

Banned
Where exactly did they mention Shimura's father was the previous 14All? I may have missed that, but damn that does that put some much needed drama to his motivation to hating All Might. Bakugou was kidnapped again, I don't like that, I'll rather he be rescued right now so he can regroup with the others, but we'll see.
When Gran Torino reminisces about All Might's predecessor, he calls him "Shimura". Hands McGee's real name is not Tomura Shigaraki, it's Shimura Tenko, same last name.

SalvaPot

Wait,
Mt Lady is dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:(

;_;

I think they are not dead until we see the bodies.

BUT if they are dead...

When Gran Torino reminisces about All Might's predecessor, he calls him "Shimura". Hands McGee's real name is not Tomura Shigaraki, it's Shimura Tenko, same last name.

I see, I didn't made the connection, it seems fairly obvious now but its actually kinda subtle.

So, in a previous flashback we saw Shigaraki killing his father, right? Or at least it implied that. I wonder if he knew about All for One and how it was passed down, but then again neither All Might nor Gran Torino seem to recognize him.

After the outcomes of No. 13 vs. Blackmist and Stain vs. Iida's brother, I'd be surprised if any of heroes are actually dead.

But if there was ever a time for it to happen, it'd be now

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Maybe this was a bad time to start coming into the OT. Are the spoilers supposed to be tagged? lol.

SalvaPot

Maybe this was a bad time to start coming into the OT. Are the spoilers supposed to be tagged? lol.

Usually there is no need for spoiler tags, when the chapter is out is fair game. That said we are getting a wave of new readers thanks to the anime, so tagging spoilers is the nice thing to do.

Somehow I keep forgetting to spoiler tag and by this point is too late. Also I am too lazy to spoiler tag.

Deadly

English scans are out now so I assume it's fair game. I tagged my summary yesterday when it was only the Korean scan + English transcript that was released

SalvaPot

I was thinking All for One is too OP for Deku to handle right now (Or anyone else for that matter), and if the other heroes are dead how in the hell are they kids going to escape? Ragdoll's ability will clearly see them and no way this guy is going to let their quirks get away.

On the other hand All Might and Gran Torino know the location where they are, so if they act fast enough maybe they can get there. Sadly I think All for One is going to run away while he is ahead.

I was thinking All for One is too OP for Deku to handle right now (Or anyone else for that matter), and if the other heroes are dead how in the hell are they kids going to escape? Ragdoll's ability will clearly see them and no way this guy is going to let their quirks get away.

On the other hand All Might and Gran Torino know the location where they are, so if they act fast enough maybe they can get there. Sadly I think All for One is going to run away while he is ahead.
I think ragdolls abilit requires the user to specify people to look for based on the description. She's a rescue oriented hero after all

Meffer

I saw read the spoilers but didn't actually read the chapter till the English scans were released.
God Damn. The last few pages were really good. All for One looks incredibly intimidating.
It's also obvious he wants Shigaraki to be his successor.

So, this guy has every power it's been able to snatch? I mean how do you even beat this thing?

God, and that panel. Even distant buildings were hit by the blast.
This is the manga's breaking point.

SalvaPot

So, this guy has every power it's been able to snatch? I mean how do you even beat this thing?

I like to think he was nerfed when he fighted All Might, the same way All Might was. Maybe he has a time limit now, so he has to rely on Noumus.

what the fuuuuuuuck

Edit: that goddamn parallelism with
It's okay. I'm here now.

Edit 2:
Shimura was All Might's teacher's name!

Ahh i just realised this too.

So hes his
son??
but then why would he work under A4O when torino said hes the one who
killed father-shimura

Also if he really is that
Shimuras son
why didnt All Might
recognise him
or even Torino since they were so close
mentor/friend and they didnt know he had a son or just didnt recognise him...

Ahh i got so many questions.

Deadly

When he says his "stock has fallen quite abit", it's interpreted as his stock of quirks. So he's not quite as strong as he was before.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So is invisible girl's power to be invisible or does she have another quirk and that is just her form like the people that look more like animals? Was wondering if Aizawa's quirk would make her visible lol.

Lunar15

God damn, this manga wastes no fucking time. That's what I love about it.

Also,
Mt Lady isn't dead. You can actually see her down in the left corner of the rubble. Looks like she's on her arms and knees.

Jigolo

So is invisible girl's power to be invisible or does she have another quirk and that is just her form like the people that look more like animals? Was wondering if Aizawa's quirk would make her visible lol.
Well you can say a whole new cast of people have the invisibility quirk since the recent chapter

I'm probably going to be pretty disappointed if
All Might's death scene (should that happen as a result of All for One showing up) doesn't involve him saying to Deku:

"It's all right. Why? Because you are here." as his last words.

I'm probably going to be pretty disappointed if
All Might's death scene (should that happen as a result of All for One showing up) doesn't involve him saying to Deku:

"It's all right. Why? Because you are here." as his last words.

Fuck, the feels, now i want this to happen.

SalvaPot

Interview with Kohei Horikoshi

Incoming Bane jokes, which I'm sure he'd want considering he's a total Westaboo (all those Marvel action figures)

My gf translated a few bits for me (Pretty much what she got from giving it a quick listen, nothing too deep) , like the fact that Bakugou was supposed to be introduced while at the UA academy but they decided to make him a childhood friend to make his relationship with Deku deeper, how Horikoshi REALLY likes to draw hands, how he was a bit bummed out that no one read Barrage, how Todoroki gets all the girl fans (And Mineta not) and his thing for short hair, since Ochako is pretty much a deviation of all his previous heroines. Any mistakes might be misremembering since we saw it in the morning.

balgajo

My gf translated a few bits for me (Pretty much what she got from giving it a quick listen, nothing too deep) , like the fact that Bakugou was supposed to be introduced while at the UA academy but they decided to make him a childhood friend to make his relationship with Deku deeper, how Horikoshi REALLY likes to draw hands, how he was a bit bummed out that no one read Barrage, how Todoroki gets all the girl fans (And Mineta not) and his thing for short hair, since Ochako is pretty much a deviation of all his previous heroines.

Poor Horikoshi. Though I didn't like barrage but I was reading it every week. Someday I will try to read it in one burst.
Main character was meh though I liked the guard and the main heroine.

Top Bottom