• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Nightbird

I wonder if All Might is gonna be the first major death, or if someone's gonna die before that.

Re-reading the series I noticed that No. 13 could have died in the USJ arc. That's the only complaint I have about that arc.

Meffer

I wonder if All Might is gonna be the first major death, or if someone's gonna die before that.

Re-reading the series I noticed that No. 13 could have died in the USJ arc. That's the only complaint I have about that arc.

Nah, the police apprehended him. That's they how the found he was normal before.

Johndoey

Banned
I'm a bit behind but this series is dope as hell so far. It's been a while since i've actually liked a main character this much.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
With Golden Week upon us and no new chapter to be read, someone say a character's name and I'll find a picture of them to post.

Why would All Might need to die? His power already is limited and hes basically old news. The worst thing for a super hero is living and being unable to do anything, so I would think he would face that route.

A better death plot would be to borrow one or two of Kishomoto's excellent plot points, either cripple one of Midoriyas classmates Pt 1 Naruto style or kill someone Shippuden style.

Post in the anime thread reminded me i had this saved
nGgXKni.png

With Golden Week upon us and no new chapter to be read, someone say a character's name and I'll find a picture of them to post.

Dekuu
Maybe ill post some stuff later aswell.

Nightbird

Why would All Might need to die? His power already is limited and hes basically old news. The worst thing for a super hero is living and being unable to do anything, so I would think he would face that route.

A better death plot would be to borrow one or two of Kishomoto's excellent plot points, either cripple one of Midoriyas classmates Pt 1 Naruto style or kill someone Shippuden style.

Well, it's already implied by All Might himself that he might die soon, and him being the current target of the villians doesn't really strike me with much confidence that he will not die.

Also, it's better not to borrow anything from Post-timeskip Naruto, even though you don't think so.

Well, it's already implied by All Might himself that he might die soon, and him being the current target of the villians doesn't really strike me with much confidence that he will not die.

Also, it's better not to borrow anything from Post-timeskip Naruto, even though you don't think so.

It's implied that he won't be able to help, I.E. his powers are already pretty much gone.

Deku tells All Might that he can do anything with him at his side, i.e., as a mentor and person. All Might thinks otherwise.

The gist of the line is "I won't be there when you face him".

It's meant to more mean "There's no way I'll be a hero then" rather than "I'm probably gonna die".

Man it never will not be great that out of the five of them, Deku sells it the best.

Best protag is best.

Nightbird

The gist of the line is "I won't be there when you face him".

It's meant to more mean "There's no way I'll be a hero then" rather than "I'm probably gonna die".

Thats not it. He told Deku pretty clearly that he won't be able to do Heroism soon just after the USJ arc

And this is how the "I won't be there" line was presented around 40 chapters later:

At this point I don't know anything else that could be implied this way beside his own death.

SalvaPot

Thats not it. He told Deku pretty clearly that he won't be able to do Heroism soon just after the USJ arc

And this is how the "I won't be there" line was presented around 40 chapters later:

At this point I don't know anything else that could be implied this way beside his own death.

He needs to die the American Way: In a Blaze of Glory.

nin1000

Banned
After watching the first 2 episodes of the Anime, i knew this was going to be up my alley.
Well i just now finished reading through chapter 88 and holy shit. Its beyond awesome!
"Death itself"

SalvaPot

After watching the first 2 episodes of the Anime, i knew this was going to be up my alley.
Well i just now finished reading through chapter 88 and holy shit. Its beyond awesome!
"Death itself"

Welcome x), enjoy your stay!

Bonus question: Who is your favorite character so far?

nin1000

Banned
Welcome x), enjoy your stay!

Bonus question: Who is your favorite character so far?

From the Yuuei Students
Ochako Uraraka is such an adorable girl, i liked the from the very beginning with Tsuyu Asui being a close second, the background chapter with her snake friend was so cute i could only smile at it :)
tumblr_o4kkp34qpf1rd83duo1_1280.png

Shouto Todoroki, Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugou are great aswell. Especially with him being kidnapped. Gave the storyline a new twist.

But the one character that made the biggest impression on me was Mei Hatsume.
latest

I dont know why but her strange eyes aswell her way of being just clicked for me.

But the real awesomeness of this manga comes from the villains. It is too often the case that the main protagonists are great but the enemies are mostly generic or larent menacing enough. Tomura Shigaraki is the real deal though. Such a great villain and with the introduction of his master the last chapter it made my jaw hit the floor.

Dabi aswell as Himiko Toga were great additions to the enemy team aswell. It read those 88 chapters in 1 week. It pains me to not being able to read any more but on the other hand i am very happy since i wasnt that exited for a manga since One piece back in 2011.

Im suffering inside. I have nothing to do at work now that theres no chapter this week.

Edit: ahhhh i went onto reddit and found Ch89 spoilers that are apparently legit
Read the first line and closed the page waiting is going to be hell

SalvaPot

From the Yuuei Students
Ochako Uraraka is such an adorable girl, i liked the from the very beginning with Tsuyu Asui being a close second, the background chapter with her snake friend was so cute i could only smile at it :)
tumblr_o4kkp34qpf1rd83duo1_1280.png

Shouto Todoroki, Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugou are great aswell. Especially with him being kidnapped. Gave the storyline a new twist.

But the one character that made the biggest impression on me was Mei Hatsume.
latest

I dont know why but her strange eyes aswell her way of being just clicked for me.

But the real awesomeness of this manga comes from the villains. It is too often the case that the main protagonists are great but the enemies are mostly generic or larent menacing enough. Tomura Shigaraki is the real deal though. Such a great villain and with the introduction of his master the last chapter it made my jaw hit the floor.

Dabi aswell as Himiko Toga were great additions to the enemy team aswell. It read those 88 chapters in 1 week. It pains me to not being able to read any more but on the other hand i am very happy since i wasnt that exited for a manga since One piece back in 2011.

Great list x), the characters are definitively what makes the series son strong, its also why it makes me sad the anime will not get there fast enough, the School Festival Arc gives the series so many great moments.

Meffer

I just wonder how long they'll stay to focus on the festival. It's a rather short arc which I like since most of its kind in other manga go on forever.

kewlmyc

Just caught up with the manga after liking the first 3 episodes of the anime.

I feel lied to. Kacchan never becomes likable. Deku's a badass though. A reckless badass, but still a badass. That tournament fight was awesome.

And yeah, I can see All Might dying this arc when he meets up with All for One.

Just caught up with the manga after liking the first 3 episodes of the anime.

I feel lied to. Kacchan never becomes likable. Deku's a badass though. A reckless badass, but still a badass. That tournament fight was awesome.

And yeah, I can see All Might dying this arc when he meets up with All for One.

Bakugou still becomes a little bit better with the arcs, and that duo fight with Deku vs All Might was pure hype.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Deku/Uraraka vs Bakugou/Iida fight in the anime looks like it is going to take 2 episodes. The pacing is really messed up.

The Deku/Uraraka vs Bakugou/Iida fight in the anime looks like it is going to take 2 episodes. The pacing is really messed up.

I have no idea how they are gonna do USJ in time.

I think you guys are forgetting how close we actually are

Going by my estimations theyd have 5 episodes for the final arc which is more than enough imo

Ep 6 & 7 for the fight
8 for other characters and build up

9-13 for the last arc

Guys, they're going at a clear rate now of 2 chapters per episode. It's pretty much exactly enough to end at the conclusion of the USJ arc. So look at the manga chapters and place expectations accordingly.

6 7-8
7 9-10
8 11-12
9 13-14
10 15-16
11 17-18
12 19-20
13 21-22

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So I'm throwing this out there, because AFO has to have some kind of weakness. What if he can only use a stolen quirk once? That would explain why he is out of quirks at the time the heroes storm in, because he fought All Might and literally depleted his stores? Just a minor passing thought.

Jintor

I just had a thought.

Way back when, didn't Deku tell Bakugou the truth about his quirk? That he'd inherited it or was given it? Baku didn't understand it at the time, but...

Jigolo

I just had a thought.

Way back when, didn't Deku tell Bakugou the truth about his quirk? That he'd inherited it or was given it? Baku didn't understand it at the time, but...

He never told him directly but Bakugou did overhear him telling Todoroki in the hallway during the festival.

Top Bottom