• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Class 1-B becoming important is the funniest shit for me, btw

I remember people going "oh everybody important is in Class 1-A" "looks like we know who're the important characters"

it's AMAZING how wrong they were

Class 1-B becoming important is the funniest shit for me, btw

I remember people going "oh everybody important is in Class 1-A" "looks like we know who're the important characters"

it's AMAZING how wrong they were

I still want power stealing douche to have just one crowning moment where he steals A4O from whoever has it at the time and wrecks their face with it.

Until his five minutes are up and he runs away like a bitch.

Jintor

yeah pretty funny how the first years completely overshadowed everyone in the sports festival. lmao.

it was like the other classes apart from support class didn't even exist

Nightbird

yeah pretty funny how the first years completely overshadowed everyone in the sports festival. lmao.

Maybe they didn't.

I could imagine that they would separate the first years from the second years and third years, so that the new students can show their worth to world without having to worry to be outclassed by second and third years who got some experience already.

The same way the second and third years can show how much they progressed without being overshadowed by the possible flashy new kid from the first year.

So:
1. Year: introducing yourself to the world
2. Year: showing how much you have progressed
3. Year: showing the full power of your ability as you are going to use it as Hero

Thats how I would do it at least

A question, why invisible girl joined the hero department? It was brought up in the anime thread, but her power kinda fits better the general education class of UA.

cntr

Banned
A question, why invisible girl joined the hero department? It was brought up in the anime thread, but her power kinda fits better the general education class of UA.
Stealth is a useful power for a hero. Heroes specialize in the MHA universe, and she's in stealth.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder when we are going to see some Senpais.

2nd and 3rd Years must be pretty damn cool.

I was actually really disappointed that we didn't see the rest of the sports festival tournaments.

The new students are always going to be the biggest news, but since we didn't see the rest of the tournament, we have no way to gauge how the 2nd and 3rd years performed or people's reactions. Would have thought Deku would have been all over watching the matches, even if via video.

At first I was actually kind of disappointed by how short and seemingly non-complex the matches were in the tournament. Then I remembered that they are just Freshman who are probably haven't learned to use their quirk to the fullest or against other people with quirks in a 1v1 combat setting.

class b pres is still the best

Class B President is LITERALLY the best girl in the manga.

I don't disagree with that. lol

Yo.

YO.

Real talk.

DoujinWorkYouAreTheBest-1.jpg

Giant Hands Girl is fucking great. I love her.

I'm on mobile so I'll post a full examination later but THIS CHAPTER is a perfect summary as to why My Hero Academia is fucking awesome.

I feel with a lot of people being down on MHA lately due to anime impressions that I need to do a real deep explanation of why this chapter is so good and why it stands as a perfect example to why the manga itself is great as well.

Meffer

Goddamn this is an amazing chapter. All for One can force activate people's quirks too. It also seems like he can stack quirks of the same kind to multiply the power of that type of quirk. That's insane.

TheFlow

Banned
Goddamn this is an amazing chapter. All for One can force activate people's quirks too. It also seems like he can stack quirks of the same kind to multiply the power of that type of quirk. That's insane.

yea he must have a quirk that allows him to amplify abilities

SalvaPot

Its funny how All for One needs to stack all his abilities to keep All Might back, meanwhile All Might's strategy is to just punch harder.

Also the art in this chapter is amazing, look at all the little details in the movements in hands and expressions.

cntr

Banned
Its funny how All for One needs to stack all his abilities to keep All Might back, meanwhile All Might's strategy is to just punch harder.
That's what makes One for All amazing.

Like this chapter, oh man

Edit:
All for One having legitimate good will to Shigaraki, instead of just manipulating him, is an amazing "twist" in how un-genre it is

Also the art in this chapter is amazing, look at all the little details in the movements in hands and expressions.
Yeah, Agility x4, Energy x3. Is he really using the same technique 4 times to increase its potency?

Yeah, Agility x4, Energy x3. Is he really using the same technique 4 times to increase its potency?

I'd imagine that even with as much variety in quirks that we've seen thus far, there are bound to be repeats, or near repeats at least. He took 4 people's Agility quirks, and uses all 4 at once to multiply their effect.

Trojita

I've been a big fan of Kirishima since his concern during the Battle Trial Arc and his trying to see if Midoriya was alright at the end of the USJ Arc. All Might recognized his kind heroic spirit at that moment too.

Also have this as a gift everyone:

UkwxzOh.gif

Ugh, I dunno if I have it in me to write this huge dissertation on this chapter.

Suffice to say it can be summed up as the fact that Kirishima became the important factor when I don't think another manga I've read would've made a side character that wasn't one of the main ones so integral and developed.

The strength of this manga really is the ensemble and relationships between them. As well as just wonderful world building.

Agh, stop before I get started.

Puruzi

Banned
I find it intensely hilarious that Deku knew Bakugo was such a shit that if him, Iida, or todo tried to help him, Baku would probably tell them to fuck off so they needed Kirishima

Meffer

I find it intensely hilarious that Deku knew Bakugo was such a shit that if him, Iida, or todo tried to help him, Baku would probably tell them to fuck off so they needed Kirishima

I think that's great. Deku knew otherwise. Kirishima is the only guy in the class that reaches out to Bakugo and tries to be friends with him.

Trojita

I think that's great. Deku knew otherwise. Kirishima is the only guy in the class that reaches out to Bakugo and tries to be friends with him.

Go back to the chapter where radio girl announces Deku's message that Kacchan is the intended target of the villains. See who reacts the most to this announcement.

That's what makes One for All amazing.

Like this chapter, oh man

Edit:
All for One having legitimate good will to Shigaraki, instead of just manipulating him, is an amazing "twist" in how un-genre it is

I mean
We barely know anything about him and he did kill his dad, and give his brother powers since he thought he didn't have any. We really barely know anything about AFO, seeing that he's more complex than "evil dude manipulating shit" is why this series is so good.

I'm just so god damn happy that this takes the One Piece route to it's ensemble cast rather than the most other shounen route and makes them all really important and distinct people who actually do things that the hero can't.

SalvaPot

Yeah, I love how the class actually seems to really like Deku and usually undermines Bakugou because of his attitude, but Kirishima is always interacting with him.

Actually it seems a lot of the class has groups of friends they like to spend time with, since the backgrounds usually sees them interacting. I love that its become relevant.

cntr

Banned
Not only that, but Deku makes it so that Bakugou has to use his own power to fly up to them, rather than just grabbing him.

I'm thinking more like he has a bunch of quirks in him that do those things, and he's stacking them

I'd imagine that even with as much variety in quirks that we've seen thus far, there are bound to be repeats, or near repeats at least. He took 4 people's Agility quirks, and uses all 4 at once to multiply their effect.
That's actually what I meant haha. Stacking the same "type" of quirk.
Yeah, I love how the class actually seems to really like Deku and usually undermines Bakugou because of his attitude, but Kirishima is always interacting with him.

Actually it seems a lot of the class has groups of friends they like to spend time with, since the backgrounds usually sees them interacting. I love that its become relevant.
It would make for a great RPG amiright guys!?

Oh god what a fucking amazing chapter, lol at anyone thinking deku is anything less than a genius. Bakugou would have indeed, rather die than actually take Deku's hand to escape, so it was perfect.

However this is too much greatness, judging by the lack of shigaraki in the last panels he probably grabbed someone, and i'm guessing Deku is getting brought down now. That probably sets the scene for All Might's death.

Oh god what a fucking amazing chapter, lol at anyone thinking deku is anything less than a genius. Bakugou would have indeed, rather die than actually take Deku's hand to escape, so it was perfect.

However this is too much greatness, judging by the lack of shigaraki in the last panels he probably grabbed someone, and i'm guessing Deku is getting brought down now. That probably sets the scene for All Might's death.
This manga, along with HuntexHunter are top tier shounen mangas right now.

Tokyo Ghoul as well (Is it a shounen?)

SalvaPot

You mean Shigaraki grabbed Deku and is bringing him down to the battlefield? That would give us All Might vs All for One and Shigaraki and his 5 villains vs Deku, Momo and Todoroki.

Reading the FA version i dont think AFO is going to bite it just yet, he says he still has a alot of stuff left to do so unless that was just pointless talk that was probably foreshadowing.

love AFO hes so calm and nonchalant.

Also love the way Horikoshi draws hands

You mean Shigaraki grabbed Deku and is bringing him down to the battlefield? That would give us All Might vs All for One and Shigaraki and his 5 villains vs Deku, Momo and Todoroki.

Yeah. And i don't know if todoroki and yaoyorozu are still there waiting, maybe they fled at once. I'd love to see how lida deals with leaving one person behind for the sake of more people being saved.

Top Bottom