• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

woopWOOP

Binge read the 89 chapters sometime last weekend. I was afraid my excitement for this series would slow to a crawl now that I have to wait for the weekly release like usual, but man, this chapter was something else. Didn't think I'd bother following a new shonen series at this point in my life, ha.

I hope all those side characters stay relevant like this far into the manga.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm taking requests again where you mention a character and I'll post a picture of them. I'll probably be falling asleep soon though.....

cntr

Banned
You know, I just realized: Deku's true "ability" is that he's a nerd that analyzes quirks and even comes up with counters to them, Batman-style...and that's exactly what you need to do against All for One.

SalvaPot

You know, I just realized: Deku's true "ability" is that he's a nerd that analyzes quirks and even comes up with counters to them, Batman-style...and that's exactly what you need to do against All for One.

Man, I am so glad I didn't go with One Punch Man meets Batman for the OT title, that would have stirred such a huge shitstorm.

I was so tempted just for the lols.

Nightbird

Man, I am so glad I didn't go with One Punch Man meets Batman for the OT title, that would have stirred such a huge shitstorm.

I was so tempted just for the lols.

I think it'll be okay for the Season 3 OT. By then everyone should know that Deku is smart as fuck ( and a Madman lol)

Jintor

man comiket is gonna have some fucking sick ass crossover doujin I bet. Obvs I'm waiting on OPM x MHA but I bet there'll be some great MHA x Marvel or DC stuff too

Meffer

Reading the FA version i dont think AFO is going to bite it just yet, he says he still has a alot of stuff left to do so unless that was just pointless talk that was probably foreshadowing.

love AFO hes so calm and nonchalant.

Also love the way Horikoshi draws hands
He loves drawing hands. And boots.

cntr

Banned
Hands are one of the hardest things to draw, so it makes sense for Horikoshi to get into them if he practiced a lot.

Puruzi

Banned
What panel/page do you guys want to see animated the most?

For me it's this one:

deku_vs_todoroki_by_d33pdiv32th3w0rld-d96tmmm.png

ughhhhh 13 episodes

What panel/page do you guys want to see animated the most?

For me it's this one:

ughhhhh 13 episodes

That was also my first pick but these two would be great as well

I honestly don't think the anime will do Shigarakis face justice but we'll see ;)

I'm taking requests again where you mention a character and I'll post a picture of them. I'll probably be falling asleep soon though.....

Shouji!

I really REALLY want to see them do Stain's "come at me bro" moment.

Stain's speech and passing out on his feet with heroes literally driven to their knees or backwards from the sheer overwhelming force of his conviction.

That shit gave me chills first time I read it.

Also there is not nearly enough Ashido "ALIEN SLAY QUEEN" Mina fan art.

Yeah, her power is actually pretty strong and from what's been shown with her getting pretty decent results in physical tests and even getting into the Sports Festival fight tournament to begin with she's probably a pretty good fighter but she's also an airhead and doesn't take shit seriously along with the fact that her power is really hard to use without seriously injuring someone.

I do have hope that she gets some decent development like Kirishima has been because the mangaka said that he loves her but hasn't really found the right time to use her more and reveal more about her.

Continued from the anime thread:

So, could current full cowl Deku beat Bakugo?

I say no.

Deku's got more power available to him than before, it's true. He can safely operate on a level closer to the top tier of the class. He's also pretty damn smart, so he can come up with good ways to use that power. But Bakugou is still just an outright better fighter. Coming up with a strategy in the middle of a fight is no substitute for that kind of control and prowess, as kind of shown by the fight with Stain where Deku got caught while thinking up a plan.

He's in the same league as Todoroki and Bakugou now, but still outclassed by both of them, I feel.

Deku is now proficient on a basic level with his Quirk.

Bakugo is proficient above many adults levels with his.

6 or so months of training is still no substitute for a lifetime of it, no matter how naturally powerful the quirk is. Bakugo has more experience and skill.

Meffer

When Deku does become strong enough to use more of OfA and learns how to fight better then yes its very likely he can beat Bakugou in a upfront brawl.

Puruzi

Banned
I say no.

Deku's got more power available to him than before, it's true. He can safely operate on a level closer to the top tier of the class. He's also pretty damn smart, so he can come up with good ways to use that power. But Bakugou is still just an outright better fighter. Coming up with a strategy in the middle of a fight is no substitute for that kind of control and prowess, as kind of shown by the fight with Stain where Deku got caught while thinking up a plan.

He's in the same league as Todoroki and Bakugou now, but still outclassed by both of them, I feel.
I dunno, for some reason I really feel like he could do it. He could put some damage on Baku without using his quirk at all, and he was able to block hits from him too. In full cowl he could actually use his quirk and potentially do quite a bit of damage, and take more hits with his entire body strengthened.

Deku is now proficient on a basic level with his Quirk.

Bakugo is proficient above many adults levels with his.

6 or so months of training is still no substitute for a lifetime of it, no matter how naturally powerful the quirk is. Bakugo has more experience and skill.

I think Deku's a little above basic. You see that panel with him flying through the mock city? Shit was dope.

i think One for all is like the ultimate quirk, and even at Deku's level could handle bakugou perfectly. Deku has the power of a lot of people behind him, including the most powerful hero ever, and it's specially curious that we haven't seen him connect one of the Smash punches on Bakugou; the answer is probably that he'd destroy him.

EDIT: and i'm maybe forgetting something, but i don't think Horikoshi has established Bakugou's power limits? That helps with how people see Bakugou as this really amazing hero, there's really no limitations to his explosions.

Meffer

i think One for all is like the ultimate quirk, and even at Deku's level could handle bakugou perfectly. Deku has the power of a lot of people behind him, including the most powerful hero ever, and it's specially curious that we haven't seen him connect one of the Smash punches on Bakugou; the answer is probably that he'd destroy him.

EDIT: and i'm maybe forgetting something, but i don't think Horikoshi has established Bakugou's power limits? That helps with how people see Bakugou as this really amazing hero, there's really no limitations to his explosions.
Yeah he could place his sweat on something and detonate it from a distance.

Puruzi

Banned

His explosions actually are limited by the amount of sweat he produces. His hero suit lets him store shitloads to make bigger explosions though

SalvaPot

Remember when he blew up ALL of Ochako's rocks in the sky with a single hit?

And he barely broke a sweat (heh).

Edit: And also, it was without his suit.

Top Bottom