• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

I find weird that Shigaraki said to his sensei "But your body...", I know its likely because he is weakened, but I still think there is a chance that. if Shigaraki receives All for One, it not only transfers the powers but also the user, as in sensei.

I think Sensei taking over shigaraki's body over time would make sense as to why he decided to raise him.

Yet again recent chapters are convincing me that Sensei actually cares about Shigaraki in his own twisted way and wants to genuinely make him his successor.

So since Torino knew the previous OFA user Nana and Nana is implied female maybe they had a thing going on👀👀👀

there isnt anything for this other than "my dear friend" in ch57

Yeah, doesn't really make sense for AFO to be just planning on dropping himself into Shiragaki; if so, he could use any schmuck as a vessel. He's grooming him as a successor, training him not only physically but mentally, making him a better villain.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea that would definitely be amazing to see OFA and All Might do a double KO. Would also make a ton of sense thematically.

Both were running off of borrowed time.

cntr

Banned
By the way, this resolves all the contradictions with Hands' backstory:

His mother, Nana Shimura, was killed by All for One.

His father raised him alone, and Hands killed him by accident, when his quirk activated.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is the image you guys want

CBPXFaG.jpg

Adnor

Banned
All Might will survive.

But everyone will see his weaker self and he'll stop being a symbol of peace.

A fate worse than death ;_;

SalvaPot

Huh, thought Mt. Lady was dead.

And yeah, I don't see All Might making it out of this alive.

Best Jeanist saved the other heroes at the last minute by pulling their clothes, and reducing the impact, but it seems he was killed by All for One because of it. And because his quirk was not "useful" to AfO.

tenchir

Needs the GBO Raise your Flag Opening playing.

I kind of love how since the beginning everyome has been clamoring for All Mights death :v

No one is clamoring for his death, I doubt many wants him to die. The thing is that almost everyone is expecting him to die soon because of many death flags he has hit.

Death Flag #1: He passed his power to Deku.
Death Flag #2: He is getting weaker.
Death Flag #2: Someone else besides AM can tell Deku about his powers or histories behind him.
Death Flag #3: His Arch-Rival is still alive.
Death Flag #4: His successor has multiple rivals including his nemesis's successor.
Death Flag #etc... etc... etc...

LIS I think AFO is meant to be the Magnito of the story. A guy doing what he thinks is right through killing a bunch of shit and ruling through fear. He's old, he ruled and changed those with Quirks position from a persecuted minority to the dominant group. But now he wants his successor to be able to function using his set of law and justice.

For a shounen antagonist it's actually pretty great.

No one is clamoring for his death, I doubt many wants him to die. The thing is that almost everyone is expecting him to die soon because of many death flags he has hit.

Death Flag #1: He passed his power to Deku.
Death Flag #2: He is getting weaker.
Death Flag #2: Someone else besides AM can tell Deku about his powers or histories behind him.
Death Flag #3: His Arch-Rival is still alive.
Death Flag #4: His successor has multiple rivals including his nemesis's successor.
Death Flag #etc... etc... etc...

Alright i got that already but you guys still want him to die instead of eternally suffering as a husk of his former self :v

lTWCIEA.jpg

woopWOOP

Both Gran Torino and Allmight are done. Damn it.

Love the idea of the double "torch passing", could be quite special.
That would be really great

I kind of thought the evil dude was stealing magnet man's powers to save just his pupil, but he ended up only activating it to save the whole evil team. I like that.

Its because we love him, seen him broken and powerless would make me extremely sad, he deserves to go in a blaze of glory.

It's true, he has to go on a plusultra fashion. And the last words to midoriya, as said by someone on this very thread
it's ok, because you're here...

All the feels.

Jintor

it's kinda interesting that all might apparently never bothered to get a love interest or anything.

...or maybe she was nana?

I think she grew actually, that's what it looked like to me.

Oh I mean after she became the MVP

Trojita

The author's wordplay is bordering on the ridiculous.

Deku's father's name is Hisashi, as in Hisashiburi "Long time no see or It's been awhile".

Also since most of the characters have their quirks represented in their names, Himiko Toga (Crazy Girl) had her name released in Katakana to not give a hint about her power away. Her name was finally released in Kanji and it is interesting.....

渡 (migrate) 我 (self) 被 (wear, put on) 身 (somebody) 子 (child)

Hmmm, curious.

Does she take over someone's body? Does she revert someone to being a child (all of those fan arts of hero academia girls hugging a kid Deku will suddenly be realized)?

cntr

Banned
"子 (child)" is just a feminine name suffix. The "ko" in "Himiko".

My guess is that she transfers herself into a person once she's sucked out all their blood, and her current body is her last victim.

cntr

Banned
yeah if you make a feminine name from a masculine name or a non-name, you add -ko.

Himiko is from "hime", princess, and Ochako is from "ocha", tea.

that's also why genderswapped stuff just adds -ko to names, like that time Oda drew "Luffyko"

Meffer

I actually think she gets people's memories and/or personalities when she ingests their blood. That's why she knew Ochako liked someone which also likely influenced her to be smitten by Deku apart from seeing him beat up. It also explains her speech she gave to Ochako, the more blood she consumes from a person the more she knows about that person. Combine that with her personality, it explains why who she is now.
This might also explain how the villains knew what the Academy was doing with their plans for the summer training.
Also explains why the villains wanted to get blood from at least three people, to get more info.

The author's wordplay is bordering on the ridiculous.

Deku's father's name is Hisashi, as in Hisashiburi "Long time no see or It's been awhile".

Also since most of the characters have their quirks represented in their names, Himiko Toga (Crazy Girl) had her name released in Katakana to not give a hint about her power away. Her name was finally released in Kanji and it is interesting.....

渡 (migrate) 我 (self) 被 (wear, put on) 身 (somebody) 子 (child)

Hmmm, curious.

Does she take over someone's body? Does she revert someone to being a child (all of those fan arts of hero academia girls hugging a kid Deku will suddenly be realized)?

WHAT A MADMAN

Trojita

There was also a theory going around that animal talking kid had a father that was a criminal or was forced to have the principal give up the information. The principal may be smarter than most humans but he is still a non-human. He could unwittingly be the mole.

Jintor

This might also explain how the villains knew what the Academy was doing with their plans for the summer training.
Also explains why the villains wanted to get blood from at least three people, to get more info.

she would needed to have drained someone in the know beforehand for that to be true, i think

I actually think she gets people's memories and/or personalities when she ingests their blood. That's why she knew Ochako liked someone which also likely influenced her to be smitten by Deku apart from seeing him beat up. It also explains her speech she gave to Ochako, the more blood she consumes from a person the more she knows about that person. Combine that with her personality, it explains why who she is now.
So who would be the person she consumed?

Trojita

To be honest most people don't keep up to date with childhood friends. You think Bakugou would?

He hasn't been in a separate school from them for barely a few months if that. Considering they were apparently living in the same neighborhood (specifically were in the neighborhood gang) and Bakugou still lives at home, shit is strange.

cntr

Banned
He hasn't been in a separate school from them for barely a few months if that. Considering they were apparently living in the same neighborhood (specifically were in the neighborhood gang) and Bakugou still lives at home, shit is strange.
No, the only time we saw them together was in grade school flashbacks. He wasn't around in the middle school scenes.

cntr

Banned
one effect of Bakugou not having any friends: i'm so used to hearing "Kacchan" that I stop for a moment when someone says "Katsuki"

Ross61

I don't think Shimura Nana is a women. When All Might was talking about how he was quirkless before getting OfA, he mentioned that his master was a man. Unless that was a translation error.....

Top Bottom