• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Honestly it's probably one of those things where a translator just took a neutral and made it masculine cause people default to that to make "they" or "that person" stuff less awkward.

Theres a Kaminari drawing tag, Im so excited, and also I love these 4 they get so much art love.
https://twitter.com/rainbow_right/status/734743922115743744
CjJVs2AWsAEThvP.png

https://twitter.com/rikk_kmnb/status/712294007804547073
CeKTmYSVAAABqgV.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dedication Through Light

If I was a Super Hero
I would be Yaoi-Man
Their relationship is pure like a dove
And that's why I love Boys Love

(Today, 09:57 AM)

Message Quote

CjKBMCDWYAAzi2q.jpg:large

Bakugou is still holding on too Kirishima's hand, there has been plenty of time to let go even. I wish we focused more on them instead of the old heroes.

I like how Bakugo still argued with llda.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The discussion we had awhile ago about the #3 Hero:

I found the panel I was talking about, I thought this was him

lFEDIjK.png

Jintor

anime talk: the emphasis the last episode put on baku being fucking freaked out by Frosty mcIceBurn's ridiculously OP skills is gonna make the tournament arc real good

also I like the show already establishing that Baku can't be bothered learning anybody's names

So holy poop, someone may have found a big foreshadowing about All Might getting One for All. The odds are pretty low it actually is, but if it is, that's pretty damn impressive. Like Oda levels. Spoiler stuff here if you care that much.

In the panel where he's receiving the chocolates he says it can't be stolen but CAN be forcibly passed on. Which is amusing when paired with that picture he came up with but it just says mental image not like, some made up scenario. So it may be possible that All For One's predecessor put her hair in the obligation chocolate and he forcibly got the power. The new discussion about his predecessor being a woman might lend some weight to this.

So holy poop, someone may have found a big foreshadowing about All Might getting One for All. The odds are pretty low it actually is, but if it is, that's pretty damn impressive. Like Oda levels. Spoiler stuff here if you care that much.

In the panel where he's receiving the chocolates he says it can't be stolen but CAN be forcibly passed on. Which is amusing when paired with that picture he came up with but it just says mental image not like, some made up scenario. So it may be possible that All For One's predecessor put her hair in the obligation chocolate and he forcibly got the power. The new discussion about his predecessor being a woman might lend some weight to this.

Well if she's
Shigaraki Nana, her design is kinda average. Still, it could happen but i'm pretty sure it'd be something more dramatic.

Yeah, I think that was for comedic effect. No way he was that big in high school.

I like to think he WAS that big in high school, and he only acquired OfA after graduating. His "power" was that he's fuckheuge, which even sans superstrength is not to be underestimated.

Jintor

well it could be him 'normally' but as you recall all might was quirkless

...actually, did he go to UA quirkless? Because he went to school with OfA's predecessor, right?

Meffer

well it could be him 'normally' but as you recall all might was quirkless

...actually, did he go to UA quirkless? Because he went to school with OfA's predecessor, right?

From how he describes his past throughout manga, he received OfA before going to UA. Then after he graduated he made a name for himself some time after.

cntr

Banned
Deku responded to being Quirkless by doubling down on studies and hero analysis. All Might responded to being Quirkless by doubling down on becoming a giant beefcake.

Oh man, it works on so many levels. The 2 big classic ways Charles Atlas Superpowers manifest are by training your brain and training your body; the latter is the classic example, while the former is favored by more modern works. All Might is classic. Deku is modern.

Top Bottom