• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You can do it All Might! Take out that son of a bitch!

I'm moving my prediction to "All Might will survive, but he will no longer be able to use his quirk"

You can do it All Might! Take out that son of a bitch!

I'm moving my prediction to "All Might will survive, but he will no longer be able to use his quirk"

That's been my prediction for awhile now, I feel like if All Might was gonna die Deku would be nearby to hear his last words

kewlmyc

Both are going to fall, so their protégés can rise.

Part of me does hope All Might dies. Would lead to good character development all around.

TheFlow

Banned
Both are going to fall, so their protégés can rise.

Part of me does hope All Might dies. Would lead to good character development all around.
Why does almight have to die for characters to develop!? People always want death to happen for characters to develop. Even if almight survives he was going to retire eventually since he is running on fumes.

Puruzi

Banned
bch6Pg4.png

oh snap

Meffer

Also All for One really is a sociopath. He did all that with Shigaraki just for his vendetta. I'm positive he gave him his quirk.

Nightbird

I just realized that too. Only matter of time before they see the connection between All Might and Deku.

I'm pretty sure Tsuyu is going to be the first one to get it.

She's noticed pretty quickly that Izukus quirk is similar to All Might's (in fact, that's what's going to happen in the next episode)

You can do it All Might! ;-;

That's been my prediction for awhile now, I feel like if All Might was gonna die Deku would be nearby to hear his last words

Yep. Been thinking that for a while now. He'll phase into the mentor in the background role rather than a foreground role. But it'll kill him to know that he's spent.

It'll be a nice twist on the "dead mentor" trope I think.

I dont get hyped for a manga like i do for MHA.

Those
tears streaming down All Mights eyes
on the last page
plus the corrosion like effect on his arm like Dekus when first started using OFA
man Horikoshis just striking it out of the park.

kewlmyc

Why does almight have to die for characters to develop!? People always want death to happen for characters to develop. Even if almight survives he was going to retire eventually since he is running on fumes.
Death isn't necessary for character development, I wasn't saying that. While cliche, it is a more tried and true method of doing it, especially in stories like this. That and all the bright neon death flags All Might has have throughout this entire manga makes me think he's not making it out of this. Having him win this then just retire would seem kinda lame. At least say coma or something.

SalvaPot

Ok, taking bets, this is going to be a close one.

The winners of this bet are going to be allowed to select Best Girl and Best Boy of the series and will be featured as such in the OP. Everyone who predicted right gets a vote.

You can pick several of this as long as they don't contradict each other, you get a point per correct guess, and lose a point per incorrect guess.

a) All Might wins.
b) All for One wins.
c) They draw.

a) All Might survives, AfO dies.
b) All for One survives, All Might dies.
c) They both survive.
d) They both die.

Also, in case there is a dilemma of what means to "win" or "lose", it reefers to the fight itself, as in who beat the crap out of the other the hardest. So it can happen that all might wins and dies, it can happen that both win in the sense that they both successfully fulfill their objective, but that won't count in this case. And surviving means surviving the fight.

So you either select a winner or claim they draw, you can't choose them both to win or both to lose.

You submit your bet like this.

Bet: a,d

A/C

All for might is crippled and can no longer go, A4O is forced to go into resting and promises he'll be back, Deku's given the goal of becoming a hero who can defeat A4O when he returns

Grexeno

Bet; a,d

All Might wins, maintaining his Symbol of Peace status, but this last victory costs both him and All for One their lives.

I'm going either c, d or a, c.

First case: they die punching each other out, with AfO just managing to pass his powers to Shiragaki (who is put out of commission temporarily by the shock) and All Might sharing a last moment with Deku.

Second case: All Might manages one final victory in the face of massive odds, but is permanently depowered and given only days or weeks to live; AfO is captured, and also dying, but is clearly just biding his time until he escapes and gives his powers to Shiragaki.

SalvaPot

I'm going either c, d or a, c.

First case: they die punching each other out, with AfO just managing to pass his powers to Shiragaki (who is put out of commission temporarily by the shock) and All Might sharing a last moment with Deku.

Second case: All Might manages one final victory in the face of massive odds, but is permanently depowered and given only days or weeks to live; AfO is captured, and also dying, but is clearly just biding his time until he escapes and gives his powers to Shiragaki.

I'll only take your first pick for your bet x).

Meffer

Bet: A, and A.
I honestly think All Might will make it through but he'll be spent to the point he can't One for All anymore. And then all the backstory he has to tell Deku.

Jarmel

Banned
B D

AFO is going to be the victor but slip up somehow allowing All Might to get a kill shot in. Either way I expect both are done after this.

I will be exceedingly interested in what will happen if All Might kills AFO. That's...a pretty huge thing to see the symbol of peace kill a dude on live TV.

Top Bottom