• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Jintor

nLR4Mdv.jpg

dub va apparently sounds like morty

Yeah same. Been kind of losing interest between how the manga was going and not liking the anime too much but this chapter was on par with One Piece and HxH this week

For me it's the opposite, tbh. One piece got good like, this last chapter, it's been a borefest since half of the last arc IMO.

This though, it's been on full gear since a lot of chapters. Fantastic stuff.

Jintor

a bit late but i just checked some dialogue at the beginning of the sports festival where they mention the seniors have a separate stage, so i guess that explains why all the focus was on class-1 - Freshmen only compete against Freshmen. Makes sense.

Moaradin

MHA has been great for me since the Sports Festival, and it's only been getting better since then. And even then it was still pretty good. That's just where I got hooked.

cntr

Banned
Whoa, Episode 9 says clearly that All Might is getting weaker from Deku inheriting it! The manga (translations?) made it seem like the opposite.

Well he is the hero who resolved the most incidents in hero history.

I thought it would be cool if Endeavour showed up now but hes probably too busy dealing with a dozen Nomus.

Jintor

I'm not sure they'll stick to the chapter structure for the next bit; they've definitely done stuff out of order before, and in this particularl arc where a lot of things are happening simultaneously they have the opportunity to mix and match the presentation. I see a few clear 'cliffhanger' moments for breaks:

1) Midoriya and co "winning" the Water part of USJ. I think this is a bit too early, but it depends how they adapt the 2 chapters beforehand - they could conceivably go very fast (a lot of it is action sequences which can get compressed very small) and get it into an episode half.

2) Noumu crushing Eraserhead into the ground. Very effective, I think likely but for the fact that...

3) All Might turns up at the end of the next chapter and that's almost certainly going to be a cliffhanger.

4) I think All Might will only 'be' in the final episode which will conclude everything, but I'm not sure where it will end - it seems logical to do the epilogue to the arc and end with Eraserhead talking about the sports festival, but I don't know if they'll have the time.

It's really going to depend on how compressed the action sequences become, I think.

SalvaPot

If All Might dies or can't fight anymore, he loses his place as the #1 Hero and then Endeavor is going to be the #1 Hero. I won't be surprised if this pisses him off greatly because he wanted to beat him by his own merits (Or through Todoroki), so I can see Endeavor personally trying to take down AfO as to avenge his life rival.

DJwest

If All Might dies or can't fight anymore, he loses his place as the #1 Hero and then Endeavor is going to be the #1 Hero. I won't be surprised if this pisses him off greatly because he wanted to beat him by his own merits (Or through Todoroki), so I can see Endeavor personally trying to take down AfO as to avenge his life rival.
I kinda like that because he has not done anything worth a damn in the manga so far.

Jintor

He was a nice firestarter in the stain arc

The more I reread the more things I'm picking up. I didn't pick up on shirigaki's flashback to the severed arm during his mall conversation. I didn't realize kouta is basically a direct parallel to shiragaki in that sense either until I thought about their origins more.

Moaradin

Latest chapter is incredible. Really scared about how this will end...

Ok, taking bets, this is going to be a close one.

The winners of this bet are going to be allowed to select Best Girl and Best Boy of the series and will be featured as such in the OP. Everyone who predicted right gets a vote.

You can pick several of this as long as they don't contradict each other, you get a point per correct guess, and lose a point per incorrect guess.

a) All Might wins.
b) All for One wins.
c) They draw.

a) All Might survives, AfO dies.
b) All for One survives, All Might dies.
c) They both survive.
d) They both die.

Also, in case there is a dilemma of what means to "win" or "lose", it reefers to the fight itself, as in who beat the crap out of the other the hardest. So it can happen that all might wins and dies, it can happen that both win in the sense that they both successfully fulfill their objective, but that won't count in this case. And surviving means surviving the fight.

So you either select a winner or claim they draw, you can't choose them both to win or both to lose.

You submit your bet like this.

Bet: a,d

I'm going with A,C. Though there is no way All Might is able to use One for All again after this.

We'll probably get All Might backstory pretty soon so that's the main reason I think All Might will survive for now. Though I guess Gran Torino might tell it.

Ok, taking bets, this is going to be a close one.

The winners of this bet are going to be allowed to select Best Girl and Best Boy of the series and will be featured as such in the OP. Everyone who predicted right gets a vote.

You can pick several of this as long as they don't contradict each other, you get a point per correct guess, and lose a point per incorrect guess.

a) All Might wins.
b) All for One wins.
c) They draw.

a) All Might survives, AfO dies.
b) All for One survives, All Might dies.
c) They both survive.
d) They both die.

Also, in case there is a dilemma of what means to "win" or "lose", it reefers to the fight itself, as in who beat the crap out of the other the hardest. So it can happen that all might wins and dies, it can happen that both win in the sense that they both successfully fulfill their objective, but that won't count in this case. And surviving means surviving the fight.

So you either select a winner or claim they draw, you can't choose them both to win or both to lose.

You submit your bet like this.

It's all right, Deku. Why?

Because you are here.

SalvaPot

Just to be clear, I'll stop taking bets in the next few hours at 9am PST, and you are free to edit until then, if I see an edit after 9am your bet doesn't count x). Also if we get early spoilers and your bet or edit was after spoilers released, it also won't count, so make your bet soon!

Kansoku

b c*,

*they survive but they're coma-like, or can't use their powers anymore, well at least Al Mighty, AfO probably won't have much damage.

I really don't get why so many of you think A4O is gonna be gone after this arc, he's clearly been built up to be the ultimate big bad of the series.

Not really. Only in the sense that he "technically" will be if passed on to Shigaraki. Shigaraki has very clearly been set up to be the big bad as a foil to Deku. Everything AfO says about Shigaraki is about making him into something. It's AfO's entire purpose at this point.

Not really. Only in the sense that he "technically" will be if passed on to Shigaraki. Shigaraki has very clearly been set up to be the big bad as a foil to Deku. Everything AfO says about Shigaraki is about making him into something. It's AfO's entire purpose at this point.

This chapter clearly revealed he's just been building him up as a means to fuck with All Might, he doesn't actually care about Shigaraki A4O is just an awful human being.

I really don't get why so many of you think A4O is gonna be gone after this arc, he's clearly been built up to be the ultimate big bad of the series.

He feels more like the Big Bad of a nonexistent prequel series, tbh. Legacy and passing on the torch is a big part of Deku's arc, it's appropriate that his Big Bad is gonna have a similar thing going on.

This chapter clearly revealed he's just been building him up as a means to fuck with All Might, he doesn't actually care about Shigaraki A4O is just an awful human being.

What?

A4O being a shit doesn't negate him doing everything for Shigaraki. If he just raised him to be an asshole then almost none of his actions make sense, his deference to helping Shigaraki become better and achieve the things he wants, helping him make the team, helping him with Bakugou, sending him away when shit looks like it's going down especially. If he was determined only to fuck with All Might he would've had him there for the reveal.

He's an asshole for sure but it looks to mostly come from a direct hatred of All Might and One 4 All; he's otherwise very business-like and "normal" for lack of a better term. His emotions with Shigaraki are genuine. I don't think anything he feels towards making Shigaraki this great villain is disingenuous or to fuck with All Might.

P.S. Ashido best girl.

Meffer

I disagree, if he didn't care about Shiragaki he wouldn't have made it a point to reassure him and make sure to let him escape. He could've made it so that All Might capture him or hurt him then reveal that little bit of info.

Jintor

It's both at once. Making Shiragaki a villain (and caring about him) is his best method of revenge against All-Might

Top Bottom