• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just want to chime in and say that the latest chapter was greaaat. I love the flashback and the fight and how All Might saving his energy by moving his strong arm to the other one. I think that move will inspire Deku to make a variation of it so that he can use something close to 100% power in one of his body parts without destroying it in the process.

Last two chapters were really good. Won't mind if All Might kicks the bucket. I think it could be just the thing Deku and Bakugou need to reach new heights. All I hope is Bakugou doesn't ever go the Sasuke route because F that noise!

Nice to see a female be truly meaningful to a prominent character too. Get the feeling some revival will happen eventually because comics.

Young Torino was cool minus the goofy legs.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
(An Awkward Family Outing)

y5yMn7b.png

Jintor

shouto's big sis is cute and seems mostly well adjusted. I wonder if Big E didn't even bother putting her through training from hell.

Actually seems like if they didn't have the quirk mix he wanted right off the bat he was probably just your bog standard neglectful dad instead of insane gendo ikari level jackass.

Trojita

Endeavor's hair is red? (is there actually official colored artwork of him, btw?)

hmm I'm not sure if there if official colored artwork of him, I think it is based on the fact that his children have a mix of the ice/fire hair and since Todoroki's the perfect 50/50 blend, he has 50/50 hair while his sister is mostly ice.

I mean, red hair + his powers would probably clash a lot, judging by how he's been presented. I always tought it was black for the contrast.

Trojita

I found it for you. It is from Chapter 37 of the manga.

aiQhVBa.png

It's a darker red there, but still red. All of their hair is darker tinted there.

Todoroki also inherited Endeavors eye on his red hair side.

balgajo

Guy, I was wondering something about that popular invisible girl theory.

Hakegakure/ Invisible Girl: This one was actually submitted on the translation boards, and I gotta say, it has some merit to it. The evidence for this theory stems from multiple occasions where she seems to be absent during important events (the invisible student is hard to find, what a shocker). During the day of the vote for class president, she was absent from the list of candidates. This was proven by counting the total number of votes from the total number of students. Considering every student voted for themselves aside from Todoroki, Uraraka, and Ida, the total number of votes was 19. We know there are 20 students in the class, and her name was absent from the board. Why she is absent is important because that was the same day that the villains disintegrated the door to the entrance of the campus. Another point to this theory is her clash of information during the Villain attack on the Rescue Training. She said she was amazed by (forget his name/Tale Quirk)'s fighting ability, but she said she was near Todoroki during the action. The problem is, he was on the other side of the compound during the events. The final pieces of evidence are less concrete however. Another thing to note is that she was the one who suggested going to the mall when Izuku met with Shigaraki (but Shigaraki went there on a whim, so it doesn't really stack up). The final thing is how the author has alluded to more to her quirk than meets the eye, leading us to assume he has bigger plans for her besides being a background character.

I didn't remember this but in today's episode No. 13 said that the security was based on infrared light and all the comunications devices were not working. That said my theory is:
Her power is about manipulating magnetic waves and she does it all the time to become invisible. She could use it to desactivate the security system and create interference around USJ, acting like a jammer.

Trojita

I didn't remember this but in today's episode No. 13 said that the security was based on infrared light and all the comunications devices were not working. That said my theory is:
Her power is about manipulating magnetic waves and she does it all the time to become invisible. She could use it to desactivate the security system and create interference around USJ, acting like a jammer.

NOT INVISIBLE GIRL!!!!

Didn't someone vote for Yaoyorozu? There was only 16 people on the part of the board that was focused on in the comic panel.

Grexeno

The villain Momo and Jirou fought was the one who took out the security, I thought.

Trojita

The villain Momo and Jirou fought was the one who took out the security, I thought.

Yeah I was trying to find the panel for that because I was sure they explained in the comic who was the radar jammer.

Also this is the other panel in question

UELaybE.png

She could simply be commenting on how he held up against villains on his own without and how pumped he looked as they all reassembled. Also she is cheerful and a flirt. Also I would assume that during their fight in the landzone she would have gotten naked, and the author didn't want to reveal her powers there so he had the one OP classmate take them all down.

Ooh fuck just realized, could she be commenting on him being in the conflagration zone (He was in actual fire)?

If she was a villain they also would have had better intel on the students (during USJ they didn't know what any of the student's quirks were and winged it by separating them all via shadow guys transport, moving all the students at random).

Honestly don't think it's her. I think it's more "She's invisible" and less thoughtful planning since the beginning to have her not be in certain shots. He probably just forgot about her.

Yeah I was trying to find the panel for that because I was sure they explained in the comic who was the radar jammer.

Also this is the other panel in question

UELaybE.png

She could simply be commenting on how he held up against villains on his own without and how pumped he looked as they all reassembled. Also she is cheerful and a flirt. Also I would assume that during their fight in the landzone she would have gotten naked, and the author didn't want to reveal her powers there so he had the one OP classmate take them all down.

Ooh fuck just realized, could she be commenting on him being in the conflagration zone (He was in actual fire)?

If she was a villain they also would have had better intel on the students (during USJ they didn't know what any of the student's quirks were and winged it by separating them all via shadow guys transport, moving all the students at random).

Good point on they'd know what the kids quirks would be if she was a villain

Trojita

It sucks that some of the omake stuff will never be animated.

Want to see Ochako just bumming it at her apartment not eating anything and Tsuyu's snake friend and family.

cntr

Banned
wow, what

Tiger's character bio says he's female-to-male transgender, and that's why he's on the team. He kept the uniform for consistency.

horikoshi is actually progressive, who would've thunk

wow, what

Tiger's character bio says he's female-to-male transgender, and that's why he's on the team. He kept the uniform for consistency.

He's such a big fan of cape comics that it's not surprising.

But it is immensely refreshing.

Ross61

I know I haven't gotten any reason to believe this, but I hope this manga doesn't turn into a "wait till the main character saves the day" type of manga. I hope everyone keep getting their respective spotlight.

wow, what

Just chiming in to say how awesome this is for Horikoshi to consider.

The newest chapter feels like something youd see in an epic superhero movie, sadly it doesnt work well on paper. Then again with no one I care about having lines in the chapter, perhaps thats why it doesnt work well.

Top Bottom