• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

I'm kind of left down. The outcome works only because of what AfO said, but still, i kinda wanted to see Toshinori die as a hero, now he'll probably fade away.

I also can't seem to shake away the feeling the author just didn't have the bravery to kill his characters, i can't judge him but it gets older quick, i.e one piece.

And this was the watered down US of Smash.

Can't imagine the emotions flying during the peak version when All Might turned AfO's face to mush and destroyed nearly all his senses.

I'm kind of left down. The outcome works only because of what AfO said, but still, i kinda wanted to see Toshinori die as a hero, now he'll probably fade away.

I also can't seem to shake away the feeling the author just didn't have the bravery to kill his characters, i can't judge him but it gets older quick, i.e one piece.

A good writer knows when not to kill off someone as well, killing off All Might at this juncture would radically alter the world MHA takes place in and the story simply couldn't handle that without Deku ass pulling mastery over O4A really quickly. All Might has now created a small gap of time for Deku to finish mastering O4A and finish school before a new symbol of peace/pillar is needed since we know the villains will only lie in wait for so long.

A good writer knows when not to kill off someone as well, killing off All Might at this juncture would radically alter the world MHA takes place in and the story simply couldn't handle that without Deku ass pulling mastery over O4A really quickly. All Might has now created a small gap of time for Deku to finish mastering O4A and finish school before a new symbol of peace/pillar is needed since we know the villains will only lie in wait for so long.

Killing them both could've worked as well as that too. Now i don't even rule the possibility of shigaraki getting OfA out, so All Might's effort might even go to waste at some point.

I don't know, i like Horikoshi's writing, but i can't see how this outcome is more interesting than the one i expected. Shaking society as a whole, forcing the students to face loss and to be proactive in a crumbling state, that was something i kinda wanted to see.

Whatever, i'm faithful. I love this manga, and it single-handedly saves every single one of my thursdays.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I bet Stain is lol'ing when they brought A4O in.

Stain if you remember actually likes All Might and is directly opposed on philosophy from A4O and Shigaraki.

Meffer

I bet Stain is lol'ing when they brought A4O in.

Stain if you remember actually likes All Might and is directly opposed on philosophy from A4O and Shigaraki.

He actually wanted to see if All Might meets his standards of what a hero should be. He hates how heroes represent now and since All Might is more the figurehead of heroes. He wanted if All Might was just.

Trojita

He actually wanted to see if All Might meets his standards of what a hero should be. He hates how heroes represent now and since All Might is more the figurehead of heroes. He wanted if All Might was just.

Didn't he say that All Might meets his standards along with Deku?

Pappasman

Okay that was good. Almost won the outcome bet too. I have to reread all the AFO bits, but I still think this series moves too fast. I really hope it slows down a bit and we get to see more character interaction and development now.

Jintor

Also I wonder if the world is moving from a single pillar of justice to, perhaps, a more team-based justice-league avengers model?

Moaradin

Best Girl

Mei Hatsume

latest

Best Boy

All Might

Trojita

I'm hoping she ends up helping design a new suit for Deku. Deku's mom helping create his first suit was cute, but the mad man needs a professional suit made.

I also think he needs to adopt a new Super Hero name too, but that's just me. Not everyone is going to understand Ochako's meaning and Deku sounds so plain for a mad man motherfucker whose low powered state allows him to destroy a wall with the snap of a finger.

Meffer

I'm hoping she ends up helping design a new suit for Deku. Deku's mom helping create his first suit was cute, but the mad man needs a professional suit made.

I also think he needs to adopt a new Super Hero name too, but that's just me. Not everyone is going to understand Ochako's meaning and Deku sounds so plain for a mad man motherfucker whose low powered state allows him to destroy a wall with the snap of a finger.

Dude wears T-Shirts that have the word "T-Shirt" on them.

Best male is All Might no doubt

I really dunno which MHA girl is the best Ochako, Tsuyu, gadget girl, ear plugs, and invisible girl are all great

Lunar15

I wonder if/when we'll get a game specifically for MHA. Going by how other jump properties go, it'll probably be a fighting game.

Meffer

I would love there to be prediction bets on here during defining moments to what happens and we rotate best girls and dudes from people who predicted right. Makes the thread more fun and light hearted.

Raxus

Another solid chapter. Wonder how Bakugou is going to take this news. School is going to get AWKWARD fast.

Gut punch of an ending.

cntr

Banned
;_;

It's a nice touch, how old and worn Gran Torino looks

And Endeavor being sympathetic, but also not

Jarmel

Banned
Something I'm enjoying is how characters will get what they want but the process will leave them bitter about it. Endeavor had a similar response to Baku during the tournament.

Super good chapter.

I think people don't give the mangaka enough credit for stuff other than action or the typical shonen stuff that pumps us up. His character work is really solid and he often has a great sense of "moments" that work really well in showing a character, for example in this chapter when they turn Bakugou over to the police and his face is just so...expressionless and Deku says "Bakugou was...quiet" it says SO MUCH about Bakugou at that point in time. He is really good at stuff like that which is why with so few chapters we have such strong characters that all of us have really identified with. The Endeavor scene said SO MUCH in just two pages. The reason that the blistering pace of this manga works is because the mangaka is capable of putting so much meaning and importance on every single page and is so good at making it concise and strong. I mean fuck, look at that panel where Deku holds his face after All Might punches him and you can see the scars on his hand. That shit is intentional.

Also amusing that Iida is still wearing that fucking mustache.

All-Might hugging Deku was super emotional.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The latest chapter was great.
All might and Deku talking about their future in the place where they first start training. And, endeavour attitude toward All Might no longer symbol of peace was clear as a day. He never get to beat him after all that horrible thing he's done.

Top Bottom