• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Meffer

The latest chapter was great.
All might and Deku talking about their future in the place where they first start training. And, endeavour attitude toward All Might no longer symbol of peace was clear as a day. He never get to beat him after all that horrible thing he's done.
Not to mention All Might was handicapped and still was the symbol of peace.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Texas Hug!

Man, when Nana Shimura and Old man were heroes so devoted and needed that Shigaraki had to adopt out her son (for his sake, both for his protection and that he couldn't be there as a mother), Tokyo really was a shit hole on a Gotham level tier until All Might showed up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wonderful chapter, a good bookend for the saga of All Might. Now begins the saga of Izuku Midoriya.

Texas Hug!

Man, when Shigaraki (OfA) and Old man were heroes so devoted and needed that Shigaraki had to adopt out her son (for his sake, both for his protection and that he couldn't be there as a mother), Tokyo really was a shit hole on a Gotham level tier until All Might showed up.

Nana Shimura. That's her name.

cntr

Banned
Hands's dad was adopted by a guy named Shigaraki, and Hands was given both "Tenko Shimura" and "Tomura Shigaraki" as names.

Trojita

Iida still having the mustache while everyone else changed made me lol.

Todoroki's sister is great.

All Might is Officially Dad Might. Teared up abit at the end.

I wonder what All Mights home looks like, i mean where does he even live?🤔🤔

Meffer

Goddamnit why is this manga so good ;_;

Because it's about a person that tries to achieve his dream while presenting a unique setting with enjoyable characters that have great detail to their actions and presonalities while not necessarily focused at the time and presenting interesting themes and issues to the classic superhero aspect that is universal to all. And amazing art and action.

SalvaPot

Uugh, I teared up a little. I even resisted in the two previous chapters but this one really got to me, I am looking forward to the FA/Official translation.

Next chapter is back to school life, I think.

Jintor

guys, i think i'm developing a quirk, water started coming out of my eyes

i declare myself: the ocean-salt hero, Crys Errytime

cntr

Banned
Wow, I just realized that the entirety of the last two arcs happened over the summer break.

guess we'll start right off in Term 2!

SalvaPot

kVQEm2K.png

Look at the shape Plus Ultra Smash leaves.

It didn't click for me that Deku didn't injure himself until All Might mentioned it. I really hope we're past Deku turning his arms to mush. It got old so long ago.

Jintor

I feel like it's like

full cowl = 5% (or more) coverage, no injury

emergency smashes = 100% or more output, injuries

(more than 100% output is still stupid)

ionitron

So I binge read the manga last week, and man, guys.

The last two chapters have been absolutely incredible.

All Might is my favorite, no doubt about it. His relationship with Deku is so good, and that's really my favorite aspect about the series so far.

SalvaPot

I feel like it's like

full cowl = 5% (or more) coverage, no injury

emergency smashes = 100% or more output, injuries

(more than 100% output is still stupid)

I have always read 100% as the maximum concious input without getting hurt.

Even All Might gave his 110% when fighting Noumu.

Okay magazine cover shows off a silouhette of stain and dekus in his costume that he wears with Gran Torino which basically means STAIN ARC CONFIRMED :D :D

Jintor

theorycrafting

Sports Festival Arc is huge. What are we looking at in terms of events?

- Post USJ stuff, Sports Competition intro, All Might talks with Deku; 1 ep.
- Obstacle Race. 1-2 eps probably.
- Cavalry Competition. 2 eps minimum I think... takes almost 5 chapters alone in the manga, so...
- Shouto backstory probably mixed with recreational events. 1 ep probs
- Main arc, Tournament. Proabably all up another 6-7 episodes - maybe more (The fighting tournament takes 13 chapters)

Sports Festival will probably take the same amount of time as the entirety of the first season; 13 eps or so. If it takes a little more, the Stain arc is a lot shorter by chapter volume I think, so that would fit in to a 24 ep season I think without going too overboard.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Setting up dorm life? Interesting.
Mineta better be restrained at all times

I get the feeling Toshinori will reveal the truth to Izuku's mom next chapter, about One for All and everything.

cntr

Banned
Chapter 96

The Hero HQ in America?! Japan's not the only important country, nice!

Ragdoll :(

Blood King being important again, nice.

oh my god the parents

oh MAN Deku's mom suddenly turning it up

Trojita

I think Deku Mom got fatter.

Aizawa dressed in a suit and acting like a "proper" teacher never gets old.

That face on All Might's face when he sees
all of Deku's posters of him reminds me of the "I'm really into anime. 'Oh god'" comic.

Bakugou's family reminds me of a harem protag that got with the delinquent girl. His dad is meek while his wife is rowdy.

Trojita

That flashback was adorable.

Real parental concern and emotion in my Shounen? What will they think of now.

Man, the color illustration on the front was really impactful. Seeing them both sitting there, All Might in his Toshinori form and how...sullen they look. Man.

I'm a little disappointed Best Jeanist isn't dead simply because I'm not a big fan of shonen series pulling away from death so often. It's tempered by the fact that so many people did die in the All Might/All 4 One fight, but sometimes it's okay to kill someone off for impact. Not a big deal but eh.

What was really heartbreaking was seeing Ragdoll's peppy hero appearance with her team-mates and the announcement her powers are borked so she's stopping hero work then cutting to her just in tears being held by everyone with the kid looking on. That was some rough stuff.

Blood listening to the principal with his hand on his chest and eyes closed was a nice small touch.

Kyouka's family was pretty fun. Her shirt with "Deep Dope" and an arrow pointing to her crotch, however... >______>

Eraserhead's personality coming out during these times is really interesting because he is a much deeper and caring individual than he lets on. I think moreso than anything he is ashamed or embarrassed of continuously letting down his students.

Oh my god, Bakumom is the fucking best. Oh god we need more Bakumom.

And Bakugou is evolving into a MUCH better character. He is way sharp and him calling out All Might, especially in a non-aggressive way considering who he is talking to showed a lot of nuance to his character. Even taking his lie, realizing it's a lie and accepting that, and then thanking him showed so much about how Bakugou viewed All Might and how he views Heroes. That was some phenomenal character work. Just the heaviness of Bakugou's...almost dejected face.

It's a small thing but I ADORE the small smiling face in the bottom left corner when All Might sees all Deku's hero shit when being let into his house.

Deku's mom refusing and why was really powerful. Just really REALLY strong stuff. And it makes total sense why she would be so scared.

Another phenomenal chapter.

vareon

The rejection was top tier. Usually we got a stupidly stubborn rejection that's usually resolved by the hero convincing their parents through friendship or trust or whatever, but here Deku's mom fiercly threw the challenge back to All Might, her child's idol. Absolutely wonderful.

cntr

Banned
seriously how are the characters and dialogue this good? it's a goddamn battle shounen superhero manga set in a high school

Wow, Bakugou's mom was amazing.

This manga just keeps delivering, so many details, so perfectly designed...

I wonder how will All Might turn this situation, around.

SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT SO GREAT

THIS CHAPTER WAS ALL GREAT

Deep Dope

Meffer

I like the foreshadowing when Bakugou asked All Might about Deku. He has to tell Mrs. Izuku, she deserves to know.
And the chapter was fantastic, a great quiet chapter after everything that happened. Great details into the families and I'm sure there will be more.

Top Bottom