• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
hype restrained for the moment:

wonder if the hero ranking system is world-wide or Japan-only, guessing it's the latter, and only All Might is no. 1 in both world and national rankings

All Might better go meet Endeavor

nice touch with Kyouka opening the door with her earphone jacks

another nice touch with Bakugou's hair being shaped like his dad's. it'd be fun if Bakugou got his quirk from his dad

VofQobp.png
This is too cute.
My heart cant take it

WOW that was a hell of a chapter. Bakumom was definitely the highlight, but everything was just fantastic. Ragdoll and the rest of the Pussycats crying was tough, and of course everything with Deku's mom really hit home.

And call it whatever you want, but I really kinda liked that the mention of the American hero HQ, lol. Something like All Might stepping down would have global implications, if he's as big a deal as he's made out to be, and I'm weirdly glad that they're not pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.

bakugou and laser guy, bet on it

RIP in peace laserguy.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out, tbh. Not because of his roommate, just because that's the vibe I got during the training camp arc. He stepped up, but it's clear that he's not cut out for this.

I wonder if its 2 per room or 4.

Cause if it isnt Bakugou, Kirishima, Tetsutetsu and Shinsou in 1 room then 😤😤😤😤

Yeah, I'd be super disappointed if it was Bakugou. Iida too for that matter. It should be someone who will benefit more from the interactions or hasn't had much development so they can get more.

Or Hawkbro. I'll accept Hawkbro

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yaoyorozu: Oh hey Midoriya, there was a mixup at the school office and they placed us in the same room. I look forward to being roommates.

I'm thinking Kirishima and Testutetsu are basically a lock for roomies. Past that, not sure. Deku and Bakugou is too obvious, ditto Iida. Maybe Todoroki?

Mr.Mineta;

We're making an exception for you seeing that there's no more rooms for male students, so you'll share room with Ms. Yaoyorozu. Hope you understand.

Trojita

Mineta rooming with Invisible Girl would be a special kind of hell. He'd know he is rooming with a girl but he can't even see her.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mineta rooming with Invisible Girl would be a special kind of hell. He'd know he is rooming with a girl but he can't even see her.

"Floating Panties" is enough for him going by his spiel in the locker room.

Trojita

It's all cool for Mineta until he comes out of the shower with his towel, think he's alone in his room so he begins to change, and then he hears a disembodied scream. Dude will never be sure he is alone in a room again.

Earphone Jack- Girl is so underrated. I'd like to see some focus on her, so the scenes in this chapter were a gift.

But no one takes Ochako off her throne.

Trojita

I'd like Deku's roommate to be Todoroki or Tokoyami or Kirishima

Obvious pairings barring Deku being paired up with Bakugou are

Deku
Iida

Bakugou
Kirishima

Todoroki
Tokoyami

Kaminari
Ojiro (Tail)

Shouji (Tentacles)
Sero (Cellophane)

Satou (Sugar Man)
Kouda (Beast talking Boy)

Aoyama (Navel Laser)
Mineta

Ochako
Tsuyu

Ashido
Invisible Girl

Yaoyorozu
Kyouka

They could also have their own rooms..... the school is probably rich enough.

Man..... Sugar Man and Beast talking Boy are the two most boring characters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope we get Class A/Class B pairings. This is a good opportunity to delve into class B, if they just continue the Class A wankfest it'd be such a waste.

Bakugou is a cunning kid and it seems like he noticed how Deku took All Night's message quite personally. I feel like Bakugou will connect the dots with Deku's seemingly super strength and All Might. Good stuff awaits!
Caaaallleeedd ittt.

The rejection was top tier. Usually we got a stupidly stubborn rejection that's usually resolved by the hero convincing their parents through friendship or trust or whatever, but here Deku's mom fiercly threw the challenge back to All Might, her child's idol. Absolutely wonderful.

Her reaction is exactly how my mom would react. Overprotective moms are quite the thing.

Earphone Jack- Girl is so underrated. I'd like to see some focus on her, so the scenes in this chapter were a gift.

But no one takes Mei and/or Yaoyorozo off her throne.
Fixed for you.

Nephtis

Normally when a manga or anime does this type of scene, the people in it are ridiculously annoying. Sort of like the father of earphone jack girl's -- though he was putting up an act, when I see them acting like that, it annoys me to no end.

They do that every. fucking. time. And typically their reasoning is completely stupid and they try to make themselves sound so goddamned holier-than-thou that--ok, I'm delving into a rant. But really, it gets tiring when I see it.

But not this time! Everyone was making reasonable arguments for and against their children making the transition to dorm rooms. Deku was right - we have all been taking his mom's feelings for granted. We never once thought about any of their parents, except for maybe endeavor. To say that I am pleased with this chapter wouldn't do it justice - the way everything's been handled so far, down to the smallest details, is just phenomenal.

I want to go back and read this chapter again. That's how good this is. Especially seeing Deku's mom making those arguments. It was really powerful.

upandaway

Caaaallleeedd ittt.

Her reaction is exactly how my mom would react. Overprotective moms are quite the thing
Don't know if I'd call her overprotective at all. Deku clearly isn't acting in his own best interest and the school didn't demonstrate that they're trying to prevent him from keeping it up, he's still a kid who's nearly getting himself killed every chance he gets to try.

It shows how much she values his feelings and intelligence that she kept quiet until now

Hero Academia

Don't know if I'd call her overprotective at all. Deku clearly isn't acting in his own best interest and the school didn't demonstrate that they're trying to prevent him from keeping it up, he's still a kid who's nearly getting himself killed every chance he gets to try.

It shows how much she values his feelings and intelligence that she kept quiet until now
True. With my mom I wouldn't even get to attend U.A >.>

Really liking this arc. Nice to see some post-arc consequence instead of just shuffling into the next battle. Reminds me of post-Marineford in One Piece where it actually felt like the world was shifting after an event.

Bakugou's mom owns hard.

Jarmel

Banned
This was a fantastic chapter. Works both as a cooldown from the previous arc but also establishes a sense of consequence not only for short term events but also longer ones as well such as Deku repeatedly breaking his arm. Of course his mother would put her foot down on this, if I repeatedly came back bloody from school my mother would be screaming at me to leave too. I also like the hint at the worldwide hero association, it would be great to see more international heroes come into the stage.

Also Baku MILF is GOAT. Thank you Horikoshi, thank you so much.

Meffer

Normally when a manga or anime does this type of scene, the people in it are ridiculously annoying. Sort of like the father of earphone jack girl's -- though he was putting up an act, when I see them acting like that, it annoys me to no end.

They do that every. fucking. time. And typically their reasoning is completely stupid and they try to make themselves sound so goddamned holier-than-thou that--ok, I'm delving into a rant. But really, it gets tiring when I see it.

But not this time! Everyone was making reasonable arguments for and against their children making the transition to dorm rooms. Deku was right - we have all been taking his mom's feelings for granted. We never once thought about any of their parents, except for maybe endeavor. To say that I am pleased with this chapter wouldn't do it justice - the way everything's been handled so far, down to the smallest details, is just phenomenal.

I want to go back and read this chapter again. That's how good this is. Especially seeing Deku's mom making those arguments. It was really powerful.

Can't wait for FA's translation that's for sure.

SalvaPot

Its funny how everyone is calling Bakumom a MILF when she is just a taller Bakugou with cleavage.
Kidding, kidding, please don't kill me.

Yeah, I'm really glad they're not time-skipping like everyone was predicting. We really needed to see the fallout from this as well as more of the students developing. I don't wanna see them jump to heroes in training or 2nd years already. We still need to stay with these characters more.

I'm hoping that the dorm stuff will just give even more of the supporting cast time to shine. I'd LOVE Tsuyu being Ochako's roomie because that'll draw her into the main group of friends more. I also want Birdbro to be involved more which is why I'm all for him being Deku's room-mate.

And as I said, I'd also accept like...well any minor person so far just as it gives them an excuse to be developed and involved and get more awesome characters.

I'd actually love to see Big Hands be Ochako's roomie and Mind Control Tsukkomi guy be Deku's.

Jarmel

Banned
The dorm situation is a great idea for a number of reasons. It highlights how serious the situation is and works as a consequence of past affairs. All the kids seem to have public profiles known to the villains so it's perfectly plausible that they would be attacked out of class. Hell Deku was already attacked in a mall of all places. It makes sense that the school would want to clamp down and keep the kids under tighter surveillance until the kids can protect themselves better.

It also serves as a way to have more character dynamics outside of class such as people running into each other in the hallway.

DigtialT

Wow, Bakumom explained ALOT about Bakugou behavior. I can't even hate the dude anymore now, he's still a dick but an understandable dick.

Top Bottom