• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

balgajo

Oh god that last one is incredible.

Now i feel dirty, but guys, guys, this happened...

Ec2uQxc.png

lol....ashidoriya

I like how All Might somewhat confessed the truth to Izuku's mom but in a way she didn't fully comprehend at least based upon the current translation.

cntr

Banned
That was less drama than I was expecting, heartwarming resolution. suits deku's mom

props to Deku for being so mature about it for a teenager

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn, right in the feels. It kind of sounds like All Might told her the truth, but in a subtle way rather than outright say "I gave him my Quirk"

Can't wait to see where the series goes from here.

Oh Mineta...

Strong chapter.

I laughed super hard at Kouta's note being "Sorry I punched you in the balls" And it looks like nobody left! Whole class is still together.

Philippo

Rushed to read the manga as soon as i finished the anime's last episode.

Got to the Field Trip Arc, pretty good stuff until now.
I must say i expected it to be much smarter than what it is, it's mostly just some moment-to-moment clever strategy. Also, is it just me or the fact they start every arc after the other non-stop it's just tiring? They barely get a few pages of "rest" and then things starts going south.

Also, the Greait Waifu War is impossible to win in this one, there's too many of them.

PS: iirc there were special artworks for each chapter right? is there a list of them?

upandaway

Rushed to read the manga as soon as i finished the anime's last episode.

Got to the Field Trip Arc, pretty good stuff until now.
I must say i expected it to be much smarter than what it is, it's mostly just some moment-to-moment clever strategy. Also, is it just me or the fact they start every arc after the other non-stop it's just tiring? They barely get a few pages of "rest" and then things starts going south.

Also, the Greait Waifu War is impossible to win in this one, there's too many of them.

PS: iirc there were special artworks for each chapter right? is there a list of them?
The author posts them on twitter as the chapters are published (he did it for the anime too), someone must have been archiving them

The pace of this manga is one of it's strongest points. You never feel like something isn't happening in a chapter and the story is constantly moving and progression. It doesn't get bogged down in the standard shonen bullshit.

I love how quick we move from one thing to the next.

Meffer

The pace of this manga is one of it's strongest points. You never feel like something isn't happening in a chapter and the story is constantly moving and progression. It doesn't get bogged down in the standard shonen bullshit.

Yup, it's very refreshing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
All Might, Deku, and Deku mom ;_;

So good.

LMAO at Iida sitting in class alone, Tokoyami riding a bike, and Mineta leering. Also apparently Beast Boy has a crush on Ear plugs.

Raxus

It was also a pleasant surprise having one entire arc with no villains. Typically Shonen are in a huge rush to toss in a big bad but the festival is basically a typical (for superhero schools) day. In fact with the exception of Deku, Iida, and Todoroki most of the class has only encountered villains a couple times. I can see why Deku's mom had reservations since his actions always put him in the crosshairs more than any other hero while Iida and Todoroki are both the offspring of pros.

Ehhhh

I like the pace, but it could definitely stand to have some breathing room. Would an actual training arc at the training camp have really been such a burden?

Philippo

Completely caught up.

Lots of stuff happening, A4O is cool, All Might's fall and the visit to Deku's mom were really emotional, also Bakumom, damn.
Really curious to see where they go from now, but first, dorm life is gonna be entretaining lol

So, what are we expecting the next anime seasons to contain?
I guess:
-Season 2: Sports Festival; Stain Arc
-Season 3: Field Trip Arc; Bakugou retrival mini-Arc*

*i would actually change the order of things and put the scene with A4O in prison saying Tomura "You're Next" at the end, just to build hype with a final shot of Izuku and Shigaraki

Yeah they had two days.

Right, yeah. One day to get there, another to train, end of the second day they got hit...

I dunno, I think that a little bit longer wouldn't have gone awry. One of the reason I wasn't opposed to the idea of a little school life filler in the anime (tho since that ended up feeling SLOWER paced than the manga, it clearly wouldn't fit).

Sölf

So, what did impress you the most? :D

God, no idea. Probably all of it? xD
The fight scenes are pretty cool, imo. Especially since Midoriya is actually thinking stuff through instead of just going at it.

But I have a serious problem: I can't decide on a best girl. :|

Meffer

Sölf;208812516 said:
God, no idea. Probably all of it? xD
The fight scenes are pretty cool, imo. Especially since Midoriya is actually thinking stuff through instead of just going at it.

But I have a serious problem: I can't decide on a best girl. :|

Tsuyu is the best.

Sölf

*flashes the Puruzi signal*

ASHIDO DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE

I actually would say, if she would get a bit more screentime, she may be best girl. But currently, it's a tie between Ochako and Tsuyu with pretty much every other female character coming in close second.

Why are characters in this series so good?

Lunar15

Really liked the way the conflict was handled, didn't feel like forced bullshit and all the characters remained great.

Yep, none of the character decisions felt like they were contrived just to cause drama. The scene was dramatic purely through everyone acting completely rationally, and then was resolved not through us simply getting to the conclusion we all expected (He gets to go to UA), but though showing how Deku is slowly crawling out of the shadow of All Might and learning to make goals beyond simple hero idolization.

Better yet, this was accomplished by using a plot point set up in the last arc: Kouta's letter.

Top Bottom