• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

A+ chapter. Need more SoL chapters.

I liked Aizawa laying down the law. If you remember Aizawa is meant to be this extremely strict teacher whos previously expelled full classes so its nice Horikoshis isnt diverging or forgetting about his nature.

Tokoyami is amazing. Normally chuunibyou type characters are annoying but the contrast in his personality and his chuunibyou nature makes it amazingly fun. Couldn't stop grinning
imqbhLG.jpg

yPqhewz.jpg
Truly a Mad Banquet of darkness

The chapter was that good? I cant wait for monday.

Field day

cntr

Banned
Tokoyami has a poster labeled DIE DIEE

Reminder: when we get dramatic scenes of people thinking in bed or whatever, it'll be in those rooms

SalvaPot

Oh man that was hilarious, I don't mind a few chapters like this, gotta have that side characters spotlight!

I am really curious about the Mineta-dungeon, I have a feeling it was something like this

Satin-covered-round-bed-in-scarlet-and-black-hues-for-a-perfect-romantic-bedroom-theme.jpg

MgLo9T3.png

Philippo

I guess if things go south during the night he could simply crush the wall and bask into Aoyama's dazzling room lights.

Also, Jirou is so going to have the most badass room.

Special bet: Bakugo's room is going to be filled with All Might merchandise too.

Edit: lol@Ojiro with those tissues right there on the table ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SalvaPot

I guess if things go south during the night he could simply crush the wall and bask into Aoyama's dazzling room lights.

Also, Jirou is so going to have the most badass room.

Special bet: Bakugo's room is going to be filled with All Might merchandise too.

Edit: lol@Ojiro with those tissues right there on the table ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh man that would actually make a GREAT bet to win the right to choose the Best Girl/Best Boy for August.

Raxus

This was went from "OK, this is a table setting chapter, I am fine with this" to one of the funniest chapters in the series. Bravo.

Can't wait to see Todoroki, Bakugo, and Urahara's rooms.

Hope Tsuyu's room is just a lilly pad and invisible girls room is a banner written "I AM THE MOLE"
watch it be Mineta lol, be so repulsive nobody bothers to snoop around.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is the first time since I caught up where I legitimately said "Not enough!". Kind of would have liked this to have been a double issue lol.

The long bet will be guessing who the traitor is. Awhile ago it was mentioned that the Principal could be unwillingly influenced to divulge information, potentially without remembering it, by Rock Beast Boy's ability. Rock Beast Boy would normally be on the bottom of the list of subjects because of how timid he is. His timidness could be exactly what made him be influenced to do this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to laugh when Bakugou's room is just like Deku's.

Meffer

This is the first time since I caught up where I legitimately said "Not enough!". Kind of would have liked this to have been a double issue lol.

The long bet will be guessing who the traitor is. Awhile ago it was mentioned that the Principal could be unwillingly influenced to divulge information, potentially without remembering it, by Rock Beast Boy's ability. Rock Beast Boy would normally be on the bottom of the list of subjects because of how timid he is. His timidness could be exactly what made him be influenced to do this.

But they're never seen together.

Meffer

Isn't that the whole purpose of being sneaky and being an author that omits information that can give something away that you are hiding?

But not hinting it or foreshadowing it makes it seem like asspull like another manga.
BLEACH

Trojita

But not hinting it or foreshadowing it makes it seem like asspull like another manga.
BLEACH

Can you identify anywhere else in the manga that eludes to who the traitor is?

The students weren't supposed to know the location of the camp ahead of time.

The prime subjects are the faculty that knew.

U.A. Staff
Mr. Principal - Willingly, no.
Kango Kyouyu (Nurse Girl) - I doubt it
All Might - Hell no
Shouta Aizawa - Definitely no
Present Mic - I doubt it
Cementoss - I doubt it
Midnight - I doubt it.
Lunch-Rush - lol
No. 13 - I definitely doubt it
Snipe - He savagely shot the fuck out of the villains, I doubt it. Though his form in the original manga was kind of an asshole.
Ectoplasm - He looks like a villain, way too on the nose.
Power Loader - We don't know much about him, an actual possibility.
Blood King - Teacher of Class B, I kind of doubt.

It's going to be an asspull

From there it goes to the students who shouldn't have been privy to the information. A popular opinion that I don't believe in implicates Invisible Girl. Another asspull. I highly doubt it will be mind control guy, he seems to have way too much of a conviction to prove everyone wrong and be a true hero.

Jintor

Shall we do bets again? As long as it's not avatar bets it's fun.

My money is on no deliberate traitor, info is leaking previously unknown quirk possessed by the enemy.

SalvaPot

Sure! The Bet is to choose best girl and best boy of the following month without a pick.

Here is how its going to work: You have to predict who the leaker is. The leaker can be accidental, a mole, mind controlled, etc. as long as the information was taken directly from him/her/it and the manga outright states it.

The format to bet is
The leaker is: Deku

As always you can change your bet as many times as you want until right before the information is revealed. We don't know how long this one could take, I guess we'll see.

Good luck!

Mendrox

Sölf;209457754 said:
Looks like someone leaked the OST. Songs are appearing in youtube.

Posted one of them page before ;_;

Edit: Yep seems like the whole OST is on their now :) Gotta import it. It's too epic.

Meffer

I was thinking about this before but I'm really really curious if Eraserhead can turn off her quirk so it will be possible to see her temporarily. I wonder...
He can't turn off quirks that are body modifications like say a four armed man. I believe she's permanently invisible.
And remember he has to actually see the person for his quirk to work. And he can't see her.

Trojita

I completely discredited Class B as having the culprit lol. They really are second tier.

Kendo - She is best girl, so it can't be her

Neito - Such a troll lol. I don't remember seeing him during the attack on the camp. Suspicious, but we didn't see a lot of the 1-B students during the attack. A little too on the nose though.

TetsuTetsu TetsuTetsu - Doubt it, he needs his rivalry.

Juuzou - He looks scary, but seems to be a decent guy. He was recommended, so I wonder who did recommend him. Doubt it is him though.

Ibara (Hair Thorn Girl) - Ibara has a very modest and courteous personality, asAccording to the author, she is supposed to be sweet, very honest, and poor at deceiving or outsmarting people. Also, she prefers to be fair and square, as she disagreed with Neito's plan in the Sports Festival. Chance of her being the culprit is super low.

Yui Kodai - Always beware of the quiet ones. Could be the culprit.

Manga Fukidashi - lol no

Hiryuu Rin - Don't know much about him besides that he is one of two students from out of the country. Shouldn't really have ties with criminal elements in the country.

Pony Tsunotori - She better not be! She is American!

Nirengeki Shouda - Really humble and gave his spot up that he felt he didn't deserve. Would like to see his quirk in action. Low chance of him being the culprit.

Kojirou Bondo - Don't even know enough about him besides that he looks weird lol.

Kousei Tsuburaba - Guy with Solid Air ability. Nothing for or against why he would be the culprit.

Kinoko Komori - Mushroom Girl, literally know nothing about her.

Shihai Kuroiro - Don't know anything about him lol

Juurouta Shishida - Don't know much about him, I guess this guy is technically Beast, will need to come up with a better name for Rock Beast Boy I guess.

Reiko Yanagi - Hopefully not, she looks cool!

Sen Kaibara - Nothing for or against really

Togaru Kamakiri - Scyther guy, nothing for or against really.

Yousetsu Awase - Very low chance, really helped out during the attack on the camp.

Setsuna Tokage - Has an oddly fervent fan following already. Nothing for or against her being the culprit.

cntr

Banned
I can't imagine anybody in Class 1-A being the culprit either.

maybe invisible girl, but that's always been a fan theory

Philippo

Guys it's going to be one of the school staff, how could a student get access to reserved informations like the location of the field trip?
By sneaking and stealing the info? Sounds like an asspull imho.

I think the traitor is a red herring.

I still feel like someone snuck in when shigaraki broke down the front door and the reporters came in and he/she is still there.

Meffer

Loved the chapter, though i still don't understand what bakugou did to kaminari at the beginning, did he stole the money from him?
He popped an explosion behind him causing Kaminari to discharge. That sounds like something DTL would like.
Anyway, I think Bakugou is paying from his own pocket.

Loved the chapter, though i still don't understand what bakugou did to kaminari at the beginning, did he stole the money from him?

Two main theories are:

He tried to cheer up the rest of the group by making them laugh.

Distract the rest of the group from realising hes paying back kirishima.

Either way its good development for him

Two main theories are:

He tried to cheer up the rest of the group by making them laugh.

Distract the rest of the group from realising hes paying back kirishima.

Either way its good development for him

Yeah but, the whole scene makes it seem like he stole the money from kaminari, by force.

It's hilarious but kinda fucked up, so it fits him.

cntr

Banned
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Nazo

Just finished the anime a few days ago and loved it. I decided to just start reading the manga because I can't wait for the second season. Very excited to keep reading!

SalvaPot

Shipping for this manga is so weird

ssXyJdK.jpg

Nz5dFuQ.png

Hey DTL we have talked about this before you shou...

Oh. Never mind.

BTW, I got a friend who makes bit art/keychains to make a few exclusively for my store, they look AWESOME, I'll wait until I have them in person to share since we are always careful about his art getting stolen online (It has happened). First wave is going to be Deku, All Might, Ochako, Bakugou and Tsuyu. Hopefully I have it by tomorrow.

Trojita

BTW, I got a friend who makes bit art/keychains to make a few exclusively for my store, they look AWESOME, I'll wait until I have them in person to share since we are always careful about his art getting stolen online (It has happened). First wave is going to be Deku, All Might, Ochako, Bakugou and Tsuyu. Hopefully I have it by tomorrow.

Oh cool! What kind of store is it?

Top Bottom