• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Verelios

I feel like Deku is going to pinpoint his specialties instead of being incredibly destructive and SMASHtastic. He's not like All-Might who's flamboyant/Confident, usually takes a punch it till it works directive. His personality is more logical, understanding and prone to vetting things step by step, so a smart Superman.

I'd still like to see Tokyo Smash's though

Edit: Died at Urara's face. Haha

Deku's going to get a setup ability of some sort. Shields or something he has to place around the battlefield to maximize his abilities.

Hatsume trying to lock in All Might 2.0 before Uraraka can get in there.

Philippo

This is fine

image.png

should we have another bet on the upgrades, like Deku + shield or Uravity + rockets?

Latest traitor speculation making the rounds: Kaminari.
- Has both jamming, communication, GPS powers
- Brain short circuiting can be faked, and removes him from battles
- Monoma uses Kaminari's quirk, doesn't have the drawback
- Weird "two-faced" appearance in the episode 10 sketch
- One of the students who could've been in the undone bed in the boys room
- Would actually be dramatic, both in-universe and out

Not sure if I believe it, but it'd be way more dramatic than Invisible Girl or Laser Guy.

But Monoma copies the limitations/drawbacks of the quirk too or just the ability itself?

Hrm.

HRRRMMMMM.

I dunno. I liked this chapter but not a lot. It had some cool individual moments but overall I kinda wanted to see a bit more focused development. It all seemed very surface level. Like, Ashido's name of her ability was cute but "focusing on her acid spray" seems obvious because...that's her quirk. Makes sense that she would want to extend her range but I'd be much more interested in them actually exploring her ability in the sense that it's fucking acid and she needs to think of ways to use it that won't kill a person.

All Might's "I have come because I have nothing else to do!" was hilarious. I also liked what he told Deku and that he is now also focusing on the other students too and trying to be a better teacher. Eraserhead's face when he noticed the teaching book was hysterical.

Ending was of course fantastic and I'm sorta surprised they're bringing Mei back in again. Pleasantly, she's a great character but I figured they'd focus on Class A learning their special moves. Maybe that's why I'm disappointed, because I'd rather a bunch of chapters showing off Class 1-A learning to develop the side people further. I like the fact that it showed the hero teacher helping her. The "BOOOMB" page and ending panels of "BOOBS?!" was fantastic.

cntr

Banned
Costume upgrades is a reasonable thing to expect, so bringing Mei back in makes that easier. Giving some time for Deku and co. to think of ideas makes sense too, they can't come up with things in one day.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
should we have another bet on the upgrades, like Deku + shield or Uravity + rockets?

Latest traitor speculation making the rounds: Kaminari.
- Has both jamming, communication, GPS powers
- Brain short circuiting can be faked, and removes him from battles
- Monoma uses Kaminari's quirk, doesn't have the drawback
- Weird "two-faced" appearance in the episode 10 sketch
- One of the students who could've been in the undone bed in the boys room
- Would actually be dramatic, both in-universe and out

Not sure if I believe it, but it'd be way more dramatic than Invisible Girl or Laser Guy.
He's also thought Stain was cool, has conveniently missed/been useless for every battle, has little to no internal monologues (unlike most class A students), and we know next to nothing about his past or family. All despite his apparent popularity.

SalvaPot

For a while now we have seen Uraraka been jealous of Mei, I think this is going to be the official love triangle. You can look back when they teamed up for the cavalry battle how she didn't like how buddy buddy Mei was towards Deku, aaah, young love.

She has nothing to be afraid, tho,we all know Uraraka and Deku are the OTP.
Unless the series gets really dark and they kill her off

cntr

Banned
Mei has zero interest in Deku, lol, it's not a love triangle. Deku hasn't shown interest in anybody but Uraraka, either.

It's just a thing to motivate Uraraka to do more with Deku.

SalvaPot

Mei has zero interest in Deku, lol, it's not a love triangle. Deku hasn't shown interest in anybody but Uraraka, either.

Yeah, I think the same. Mei is there so Ochako can get her shit together. Its going to a love triangle in her mind.

I liked how Horikoshi has handled the romance so far, its non-intrusive and the characters seem to be very honest about it so far, we even got a few gags out of it like Laser Guy catching Ochako off-guard.

Philippo

Yeah i agree.
He simply reacted to the boobs because hell every teenager wants boobs no mattere whose they are.

cntr

Banned
I like how Uraraka's crush on Deku is shown by more than just dialogue, like how happy she gets just from noticing him. Most comics and manga don't do the subtle things like that.

cntr

Banned
One of my friends is rereading the series, he noticed that Kaminari doesn't seem to be interested in any of the school activities. He's flirting with Uraraka, picking his nose, and goofing off.

Might be personality, but hmm.

cntr

Banned
I want Kaminari to be the traitor because it's the only choice that makes sense.

A teacher being a traitor? Did Aizawa pretend to have his skull crushed? That's dumb.

The detective guy? The invisible girl? A 1-B student? That's boring.

Kaminari's the only one who's plausible and shocking. He's in the perfect position of being enough of a character to make it upsetting but not enough of a character that it's a reach.

Meffer

Pretty sure Hatsume will be oblivious to the current situation. The only thing she cares about is her "babies" and making more "babies" and promoting them.

Metal B

to be honest i'm simulaneously a bit disappointed the boobs gag is so brazen and at the same time kinda impressed the boob gag is so brazen.
the all might learning from a for dummies guide gag was amazing though
The boob gag can actually work, if its point is to make Ochaco realize, that she has to be a little more offensive or Deku could fall in love with another woman. I hope Kōhei Horikoshi, develops their love story fast and make things complicated for their carrier as heroes (gossip, press and as target for their villains) and how the heroes is their world deal with this problem.

Pretty much, i'd be surprised if it's actually acknowledged before the end of the manga, i'm expecting a naruto situation here.

I love the Kaminari theory, he'd actually make a cool villain tbh. Have him be one of the endgame fights, maybe against kyouka?

So apparently, Horikoshi had early concepts of a electricity-user villain...

This is too clear, has to be Kaminari. Calling it now, kouda will beat the fuck out of him and become otp with Jirou.

Cerium

So apparently, Horikoshi had early concepts of a electricity-user villain...

This is too clear, has to be Kaminari. Calling it now, kouda will beat the fuck out of him and become otp with Jirou.

If the Kaminari theory is true he'd be close to Todoroki in power. You'd need either someone super strong or with a good matchup ability.

Cementoss would wreck him.

Top Bottom