• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Hypron

Isn't the logical conclusion of her floating ability to essentially fly like superman (potentially with the help of some extra tech gadgets)? That alone would make her a great hero, especially for saving people (but it'd also be very useful in a fight).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If she can control gravity, it can probably work as a shorthand for telekenesis at some point. Reverse the flow and people go flying into the sky , turn it sideways, they can be pulled into objects ect. And the same goes for any time of material she wields.

It can probably even be manipulated where she can crush enemies into dust by forcing 100x gravity or something like that onto a specific area.

There are plenty of options for gravity powers to expand them. Especially since she is not even trained and her practical purposes right now are so limited.

What's the problem? i'm stating that i hope Horikoshi tops that moment. You know, famous shonen manga and the approach it got to romance. Ochako is less of a trope than hinata, so i'm expecting great things from Horikoshi regarding the romance part.

That's a low bar though, its like your insulting BNHA by hoping Ochako actually is active in the manga and doesn't shout Deku's name every time he shows up, and doesn't have her life funneled to making him happy over seeing her parents die right in front of her.

Like, no normal mangaka is going to write something like that if they are basically competent

Ochako can use weightless projectiles, weightless martial arts, and power up One for All by making either Deku or the enemy weightless. And those are only the generic options. There's plenty of options if you apply some cleverness and situational/environmental techniques.

Horikoshi drew this on Twitter:

All Might = 300+ Punches to send Noumu flying

Ochako = 1 Tap

Ochako > All Might confirmed.

Bowl0l

All Might = 300+ Punches to send Noumu flying

Ochako = 1 Tap

Ochako > All Might confirmed.
Sandbag Noumo is able to attack Bakugou before he can react during the USJ raid. One punch will kill Ochako. Unless her quirk can cancel out the force of Noumo's fist.

cntr

Banned
Sandbag Noumo is able to attack Bakugou before he can react during the USJ raid. One punch will kill Ochako. Unless her quirk can cancel out the force of Noumo's fist.
Well, she was able to nullify Deku's velocity while he was falling from the sky...
though that's due to how her power works on the cartoon definition of gravity.

Ochako's power can be pretty strong, honestly. Take away someone's gravity and give them a strong kick into the air and they're going to space. Aladdin in the series Magi did something similar.
Yeah, that's a simple basic technique. Nullify gravity, kick someone into the air, release and watch them slam into the ground.

Ochako knows the basics of CQC, so it's easy for her to do shit like that now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The BD's are fixing stuff for MHA Season 1

Before
AV9kDME.jpg

After
ypK8iZC.jpg

But they can't fix that pace ;_;

If they fix Shigaraki's first appearance walking out of Warp Guy then I will like the anime a bit more than I did. They fucking ruined it.

We need more Class B Monuma love, especially moments with Kaminari and Kirishima. His design is also top three.
CpWdlhUXYAAGLDU.jpg:large

Kaminari's new gear is fantastic and that pose. More.
CpWdMwmXgAEq1L6.jpg:small

I wanted more with Class B, the Shiketsu people dont look that good.

cntr

Banned
Oh man, how could I forget: Baby Steps had its MC start a romantic relationship before the end, and it was the best.

Not Jump, though.

Moaradin

Nice we're finally getting some rival schools. I'd love to see some schools outside of Japan, but I doubt we'll get that anytime soon if at all.

Oh man, how could I forget: Baby Steps had its MC start a romantic relationship before the end, and it was the best.

Not Jump, though.

Wait it did? I stopped watching after one season of the anime because he was too much of a chicken shit to just tell the girl "Hey so I love you I'm also leaving for America BYE!"

Trojita

I was thinking of the selfishness thing myself and how Hero's operate in the MHA world which was obvious since chapter 1 with Mt. Lady's expression.

What if Iida's brother was actually a giant shit head that charged a fee every time he "helped" someone. Would your opinion of Stain change?

cntr

Banned
Wait it did? I stopped watching after one season of the anime because he was too much of a chicken shit to just tell the girl "Hey so I love you I'm also leaving for America BYE!"
Yeah, in the manga the main character gets together with the girl around 130 chapters in. The anime might've messed that up or not gotten there, I haven't watched it.

I've even seen people calling Deku and Ochako getting together the "Baby Steps route", lol.

Meffer

I was thinking of the selfishness thing myself and how Hero's operate in the MHA world which was obvious since chapter 1 with Mt. Lady's expression.

What if Iida's brother was actually a giant shit head that charged a fee every time he "helped" someone. Would your opinion of Stain change?
Heroes are funded by the government. The more work and attention they get, the more they're paid and get deals.

cntr

Banned
Stain attacked Iida's brother because he had like, 40 sidekicks? He was basically "Hero, Inc.", which is Not Allowed from Stain's viewpoint.

Trojita

Heroes are funded by the government. The more work and attention they get, the more they're paid and get deals.

Already know that. But that leads into people acting less like "Heroes" even when that is their self professed profession.

cntr

Banned
Keep in mind that while MHA portrays the government and hero system as having issues, it doesn't portray it as outright evil.

Mount Lady is greedy, but she also saves the team when they're rescuing Bakugou, out of genuine heroism. When Deku and co. get in trouble from using excessive force against Stain, the police chief immediately goes "well, forget about the rules, we'll take care of it".

It's unlike Tiger & Bunny or One Punch Man, where the hero system is outright broken and unheroic, MHA's system is "merely" bureaucratic and wonky. It makes the issue less clear, and shows why Stain is a lunatic, not a hero.

Trojita

Keep in mind that while MHA portrays the government and hero system as having issues, it doesn't portray it as outright evil.

Mount Lady is greedy, but she also saves the team when they're rescuing Bakugou, out of genuine heroism. When Deku and co. get in trouble from using excessive force against Stain, the police chief immediately goes "well, forget about the rules, we'll take care of it".

It's unlike Tiger & Bunny or One Punch Man, where the hero system is outright broken and unheroic, MHA's system is "merely" bureaucratic and wonky. It makes the issue less clear, and shows why Stain is a lunatic, not a hero.

Oh yeah, Mt. Lady definitely showed up when she needed to.

But I thought the Chief's response was pretty shitty, even as a fellow dog I couldn't abide.

cntr

Banned
I'unno, I thought the Chief was pretty reasonable. He couldn't overrule the law, but he understood why the team did what they did. So he had to bend the rules.

That's the core issue of the current hero system -- the divergence between the rules and doing what's right. The Chief being both the person to reveal and bend it away shows that even they aren't unaware it's broken.

It's the classic bureaucracy issue, it's broken, but since it's a bureaucracy it's too hard to fix. Rather different from the traditional comics "the whole system is corrupt".

I like that Stain wasnt/isnt entirely wrong. He just has an extreme fundamentalist view of what heroes, probably too idealistic to be real now.

One of my favourite moments in the series

When the Villain tells the Hero how he should be behaving is great, because specifically in this situation Stain isnt wrong. Iidas completely consumed with hatred with only the thoughts of revenge while another person lies helplessly on the ground.

Am I reading Stain hype?! I freaking loved everything about Stain; his design, motives, and ideologies were all well done. Before this avatar I was repping Stain. Such a great villian.

Top Bottom