• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Jarmel

Banned
As requested, here are the drawings I took pictures of from the MHA panel, most likely done by Umakoshi.
tWt5QL4.jpg
C0QYCd4.jpg

039xCdo.jpg
TQ9tEIX.jpg

rJv0i1i.jpg
5fiSsS8.jpg

6GYmFLZ.jpg
KKxfL2n.jpg

Here is one showing a rough genga and a finished version.

You can watch the panel here in the second half.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Almost two weeks without a chapter. I'm going through withdraw. Can't wait to read the chapter tomorrow.

Meffer

New chapter is up. Standard explanation of rules for the test and stuff. Interesting that taking down Yuuei or making an effort for them to fail is unofficial tradition for the other schools. Makes sense since the school is so famous.

Lunar15

I feel like every chapter feels so fulfilling. Great chapter again, as always.

Putting Aizawa up against characters that are totally his opposite is always fun.

cntr

Banned
That quirk is a riot. Bets on Horikoshi making a watchman joke with the smiley faces on her torso.

that guy has a face straight out of Mob Psycho 100

Betting Shindou'll be a total asshole, and Inasa a total bro.

give this guy some nrem sleep (nice science reference from Horikoshi)

the whole Ball Stuff feels like a mix of the Tournament and Horse Thing from the festival

wonder if sleep guy has a construction quirk

I really like the suggestion that UA deliberately makes student quirks public knowledge early on. Props to Deku for realizing it, he really is the best boy.

Festival Battles 2.0 hype!

This is too amazing, this manga always leaves you all hyped up!

Loved the last big panel, a lot of energy.

I can see most of the class not passing, to be honest. I think Bakugou will fail for being reckless with kirishima too.

TheFlow

Banned
This chapter was fucking amazing and worth the wait.

If only 100 students get in we already know some UA students are going bye bye. The Mangaka is great when it comes to group battles so carry on.

Voror

I suppose the real question will be who out of UA will end up passing. The obvious ones would I suppose be Bakugo, Todoroki, and Deku. Iida I could see making it and maybe Uraraka. The latter sort of feels like she could use it.

I wonder if handshake guy laid a trap debuff with his handshake that Baku will somehow save deku from later

As soon as Baku refused and we saw the look on his face I started wondering the same thing.

Jintor

Ochako had been largely left out of the action arcs for a while so it's be good if she got some more action screen time for a bit.

Voror

Ochako had been largely left out of the action arcs for a while so it's be good if she got some more action screen time for a bit.

Yeah, this could be a good time for her to shine. I wonder if her quirk could aid her in hitting targets.

So good.
Handshake guy some shady mf.
Looks kind of like Deku aswell.

Now i want to see Volume 10 cover.

Also saw some My Hero academia Illegals scans so hope that gets translated soon.

SalvaPot

That was hype, got Hunter Exam vibes (Fitting, since its a exam).

I need the UA kids just ROFL stomping pretty much anyone in his way. Also, once you throw the balls can you pick them back up or they are gone?

Jarmel

Banned
This is really solid writing. Again a lot of these recent chapters are building on top of previous events and I'm loving it. The notion that they're high profile and that everybody knows their quirks is a natural continuation of the publicized tournament. I've just been very impressed with how things are building on top of each other.

TheFlow

Banned
I think you can pick up the balls.

Which makes Mineta absolutely OP.
Yea I can mineta exceeding well in this. He is a good ally to have and can easily set up some traps

His quirk might seem lame but is the perfect Quirk for capturing Bad guys

Trojita

OMGGGGGGGGGGG

This chapter was awesome.

That shot of all the provisional hero candidates had some interesting looking people lmao.

That last page big panel. Our boys and girls getting it done.

I didn't recognize that was Uraraka lol.

Ms. Joke's students kind of look like the league of villains outside of their costume.

Edit: Shindou's quirk is definitely touch-based. Bakugou slapped his hand but Shindou smiled, implicating that the slap was enough for whatever it is he's planning

Trojita

Good find cntr

Aizawa is definitely being the type of teacher that cares about his students but realizes that being overprotective of them or helping them too much so that they get a provisional license before they are ready could get them killed.

In the real world they need to be ready for villains to know their powers publically.

Still UA has their work cut out for them, they have 1500 other people gunning for them.

Did anyone mention the cameos in the crowd? There is also a shit load of non-humanoids in the crowd. I saw Kenpachi (Bleach), Enel (One Piece), and possibly Puu (Yu Yu Hakusho).

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Also, you know what this thread needs? Waifu wars. Everyone loves waifu wars, right? Right?

I'm gonna be honest, after I fought in the great The World God Only Knows Wars back in the day, new conflicts just don't have the same appeal. Someone can wrongly like tech girl over blood girl, but I don't feel the need to burn down their house like I used to around someone that slurred Chihiro out their fucking mouth holes. Fucking filth...

14095757_1421375817878255_6087028070585660671_n.png

Also, you know what this thread needs? Waifu wars. Everyone loves waifu wars, right? Right?

i dunno, i feel a good 20 page of shipping discussion would help move things along

I'm gonna be honest, after I fought in the great The World God Only Knows Wars back in the day, new conflicts just don't have the same appeal. Someone can wrongly like tech girl over blood girl, but I don't feel the need to burn down their house like I used to around someone that slurred Chihiro out their fucking mouth holes. Fucking filth...

those were the best of times, those were the worst of times..

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
it's hard to have a war when the only conclusion is "everybody is the best"

Oh look at Switzerland here going "Everybody's the best, I'm better than this, I'm above this meaningless bloodbath." If I were a country I would invade the shit out of you, I swear on Bloodgirl's name which constantly escapes me.

WarRock

...Can't Mineta stick his balls (ohgod) around the targets, making it completely protected unless somebody melts the balls or whatever?

Top Bottom