• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

mbmonk

XiaNaphryz said:
Watch this to get a quick idea on some of the shot controls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZj57m3TFA&fmt=22

That is a good video, but beginners should be aware that they can use the shot button instead of the stick. It's probably much friendlier to beginners, at least it would be in my mind. And the shot button does give you access to a vast majority of the shots that the stick does.

Just thought I would mention it.

mbmonk

charsace said:
Manual is like 3 pages but I don't give a fuck.

The manual with my retail PS3 game is 4 pages long. The downloadable version is 15 pages. It has all the post moves that the retail one does not. How stupid...

Smokey

mbmonk said:
The manual with my retail PS3 game is 4 pages long. The downloadable version is 15 pages. It has all the post moves that the retail one does not. How stupid...

Not really stupid if you think about it. It gives the basic gameplay, and if you want expanded controls you can go online to get the real manual. Saves trees!

SamuraiX-

I support 2K's idea with online manuals. Hope all games in the future just puts all their manuals online. Such a damn waste of time and resources, especially since 90% of people don't give a fuck and either throw it away or use it as a coaster.

mbmonk

Smokey said:
Not really stupid if you think about it. It gives the basic gameplay, and if you want expanded controls you can go online to get the real manual. Saves trees!

Saves Trees? Who wants to save trees?!!! :lol

Maybe there is a listing of all the moves in the full game. Just seems weird to me they go through the effort of putting together a full manual only to shitcan a 4th of it.

Anyone with the PC version please post your impressions regarding the graphics. Supposedly folks on the 2K forums are saying that 2k11 PC uses 2k10 PC player models and that visually its horrible.

Zep

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Anyone with the PC version please post your impressions regarding the graphics. Supposedly folks on the 2K forums are saying that 2k11 PC uses 2k10 PC player models and that visually its horrible.

If by horrible they mean best looking sports game ever...then yea its horrible.

And who the fuck browses the 2kforums?

Zep

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Are you playing on a console or PC?

PC - max settings. 2k10 menus and I guess 2k10 player models(which doesn't matter since they get modded) are the only negatives. Everything gameplay wise from the 360 version was included..

LovingSteam said:

Philstat on OS confirmed the old models, although he says the game still looks great. I'm a bit bummed, but am guessing we'll get the new models modded in quickly is this is the case.

benjipwns

Banned
Great work 2K, jack the price but instead of continuing to port the console version, port last years PC version and just pile the new stuff on top of it.

Oh, and then make it an OnLive exclusive download for a week.

Someone should confirm if it does in fact default to low settings when playing online.

Dunno how much I trust these but from the 2Ksports forums

behv8n4c98.jpg

106fwgoccd6.jpg

They both look horrible even compared to last year's PC version if you ask me.

edit: Max Settings from 2K10 PC

nba2k102010-03-2123-52dk8f.png

The M.O.B

I am convinced the PC version does not exist.

I spent an hour hopping from store to store (Target, Gamestop, BestBuy).

I called bestbuy and they said they have it. I went over there and they tell me they don't :/

Before going out. i checked Gamestop's website, and they said they have it in stock. I go there, they guy tells me that they never even got a shipment of it.

I was this close l____l from just getting NBA Jam on the Wii.

GJ 2K...

Maybe this is a good thing, because it is starting to look like a trashy port(2K10 models WTF!).

The M.O.B said:
I am convinced the PC version does not exist.

I spent an hour hopping from store to store (Target, Gamestop, BestBuy).

I called bestbuy and they said they have it. I went over there and they tell me they don't :/

Before going out. i checked Gamestop's website, and they said they have it in stock. I go there, they guy tells me that they never even got a shipment of it.

I was this close l____l from just getting NBA Jam on the Wii.

GJ 2K...

Maybe this is a good thing, because it is starting to look like a trashy port(2K10 models WTF!).

Yup man. I was all jazzed to pick it up on Steam today but it seems the delay may be a blessing in disguise. I am first in line on Goozex for the PS3 version so I may just go that route.

benjipwns

Banned
Gully State said:
Dunno how much I trust these but from the 2Ksports forums

They both look horrible even compared to last year's PC version if you ask me.
And the shoddy online framerate yet again.

smh 2K, I thought this was supposed to be the "definitive version" for a change. That's really starting to be code for "we outsourced/half-assed the port" anymore.

Not to mention that there's no guarantees that they'll patch the PC versions day and date with the console versions. I mean if they're neglecting the PC version at release, it doesn't bode well for the after launch support either.

The M.O.B

Here is a response from one of the 2K guys on the PC version

Guys, the look of the PC menu is just that... the look. Erick Boenisch, who wrote many of the Insights and worked heavily on the PC version, told me that all the options are there. The reason the menu is still that toggle system from last year is because the one from this year didn't fit. But everything is there... It's the same exact game as console besides this one design thing.

The player models thing is ridiculous, they're completely new.

I am trying to confirm whether or not there are custom soundtracks. Regardless of whether there are or not, the PC has features that the other two don't (I am sure you can figure it out). We are not trying to jilt PC users. I play on PC myself quite often and love the experience.

For or Against?

SamuraiX-

Some guy from OperationSports posted the changes in the roster update, along with stuff he believes needs to be tweaked that 2K got wrong.

DaTwolves21 from OS Forums said:
76ers:
J.Holiday: is 6'4''
missing: j.florence and t.plaistad

Bobcats:
add: J.Crittenton from FA
missing: sharron collins, darius miles and m.rogers

Bucks:
C.Douglas-Roberts is 210lbz
missing: t.gallon, d.hobson

Bulls:
k.thomas: is 230lbz
j.johnson: is 245lbz
release J.Alexander, now a member of hornets
add: j.lucas #15, c.richard #35, k.weaver # 25

Cavs:
missing: c.eyenga, s.samuels

Celtics:
release B.Scalabrine(Bulls no room)
missing: s.erden, t.gaffney, l.harangody

Clippers:
e.gordon is 215lbz
e.bledsoe is 195lbz
c.smith is #1 and 265lbz
r.butler is 215lbz
add J.Voskuhl #43
d.jordan is 265lbz
missing: m.blakely, j.collins(from suns), s.dennis, j.scheyer, w.warren

Griz:
r.gay is 230lbz
m.conley is 185lbz
d.arthur is 235lbz
add k.thomas #24 and 261lbz
h.thabeet is 267lbz
missing: j.davis, l.jackson, t.kelley. no room on roster
x.henry, g.vacquez have been added

Hawks:
missing: e.brock, r.delk, r.marsh, p.sy

Heat:
p.beverly is 181lbz
j.magloire is 255lbz
s.randolph is 236lbz
missing: d.butler, m.gladness, k.hasbrouck, a.mason jr, d.pittman

Hornets:
add j.alexander #11
p.mensah-bonsu is 6'9'' and 235lbz
add d.strawberry #23 and 205lbz
j.pargo is 185lbz
missing: m.shakur, d.watkins

Jazz:
d.williams is 209lbz
a.jefferson is 280lbz
m.okur is 265lbz
a.kirilenko is 235lbz
r.bell is 206lbz
add e.watson #11 and 195lbz
s.gaines is 200lbz
g.hayward is 6'8''
r.price is 187lbz
f.elson is 240lbz
c.miles is 232lbz
add d.nichols #10 and 215lbz
k.fesenko is 280lbz
missing: o.jeffers and r.thompson

Kings:
add l.head #9
add m.landry #42
missing: c.atchley, j.crawford, e.jeter and d.sloan

Knicks:
a.stoudamire is 240lbz
w.chandler is 225lbz
r.felton is 205lbz
k.azubuike is 215lbz
t.douglass is 6'2'' and 185lbz
r.mason: 205lbz
r.turiaf: is 245lbz
e.curry is 7'0'' and 295lbz
a.rautins: is 190lbz
p.ewing jr: is 235lbz
s.williams was added
t.mozgov was added
missing: add l.fields

Lakers:
s.brown is 210lbz
release a.morrison(wiz) and d.mbenga
missing: d.character, d.ebanks, t.johnson and d.naymick

Magic:
q.richardson is 228lbz
c.duhon is 190lbz
added m.allen
missing: s.robinson

Mavs:
missing: d.brown(no room on roster)
added b.cardinal
missing: a.haluska

Nets:
B.lopez is 265lbz
D.harris is 190lbz
missing: e.gill, b.uzoh, b.zoubek

Nuggets:
add m.ely #34 from FA
release K.Carl
missing: e.boateng, s.edwards, g.forbes, c.sims

Pacers:
a.price #22
missing: l.allred, m.rolle, l.stephenson

Pistons:
release c.atkins(suns)
missing: t.white

Raptors:
l.barbosa #20
d.anderson is 247lbz
missing: s.alabi

Rockets:
missing: a.anderson, j.eglseder, a.johnson, i.smith and p.sullivan

Spurs:
add b.simmons from FA #1
missing: m.cousin, j.gist, c.jerrells, g.neal, k.penney

Suns:
add c.atkins #17
e.clark is 6'10''
d.jones is #0 and 6'10''
release j.collins(clippers)
missing: z.dowdell, m.janning, g.lawai, g.siler

Thunder:
k.durant is 230lbz
add r.ivey #7
missing: t.carter, j.dyson, l.longar, e.milsap

Twolves:
m.beasley: is 235lbz

Blazers:
m.camby is #21
missing: a.johnson, d.lewis, r.sykes, s.tarver, e.williams

Warriors:
d.lee is 250lbz
a.biedrins is 7'0''
r.carney is 205lbz
missing: j.adrien, c.godson, v.goodridge, j.lin, a.miles

Wiz:
k.heinrich is 6'4''
a.blatche is 260lbz
a.thornton is 235lbz
y.jianlian is 250lbz
t.booker is 6'8''
n.young is 6'7'' and 210lbz
j.mcgee is 252lbz
add l.hudson from FA.......no room
k.seraphin is 275lbz
added t.marks
add a.morrison from FA #6

benjipwns

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Honestly, after the crap they pulled with last season, I don't know what to believe any longer.
What about some of the crap already this year, saying yesterday not to worry it'll be on Steam today, and now it's hopefully later this week.

benjipwns said:
What about some of the crap already this year, saying yesterday not to worry it'll be on Steam today, and now it's hopefully later this week.

That doesn't bother me that much since it really isn't lying about the game itself. I will definitely wait to hear reviews from more folks though.

The M.O.B

False Alarm for the Graphics and models in the PC version.

The graphics are great and the models are from 2k11 NOT 2k10.

If you do not run the benchmark, the graphics will default to the lowest settings. This is what caused the earlier confusion.

The M.O.B said:

If you do not run the benchmark, the graphics will default to the lowest settings. This is what caused the earlier confusion.

Ahh well that answers that. Now if Valve would just pull the freaking trigger already.

Zep

Banned
viakado said:
wow zep, that $600 investment towards your pc is sure paying dividends.

LOL...Wait till I upload my fraps pics. Embarrass this whole thread.

then get your sisters number

Just played an online game on PC after running the benchmark and the player models were hideous on max settings. Framerate was decent though.

Also, wouldn't be a 2K basketball game without D'Antoni walking over and sitting inside of his assistant after a timeout. Should've grabbed a screenshot.

RS4-

BigKaboom2 said:
Just played an online game on PC after running the benchmark and the player models were hideous on max settings. Framerate was decent though.

Also, wouldn't be a 2K basketball game without D'Antoni walking over and sitting inside of his assistant after a timeout. Should've grabbed a screenshot.

Still here eh.

BigKaboom2 said:

How were the models offline?

SamuraiX- said:
I support 2K's idea with online manuals. Hope all games in the future just puts all their manuals online. Such a damn waste of time and resources, especially since 90% of people don't give a fuck and either throw it away or use it as a coaster.

I think games should come with manuals . . . but this extended manual bit is great. All games should have extended manuals online that cover things that were too late to get into print or cover things in greater detail.

Omiee

The M.O.B said:

please post some screens pleaseeeee!!

BigKaboom2 said:

Can somebody here playing on the PC version please post a screenshot with everything cranked to max?

And I wouldn't get the Steam version....seeing as how last year with the whole patching debacle. The Steam version got the patch about 2 weeks later than everyone else.

bug I just encountered. I was playing a quick game as the Blazers vs the C's and as buzzer sounded the announcers started talking about the great win the Lakers just had in round 1 of the playoffs against the bulls. Wrong audio loop basically.

Sloegr

Gully State said:
Can somebody here playing on the PC version please post a screenshot with everything cranked to max?

And I wouldn't get the Steam version....seeing as how last year with the whole patching debacle. The Steam version got the patch about 2 weeks later than everyone else.

Do we know what DRM is on the retail version, though?

Top Bottom