• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, you are delusional. This is the best basketball team that has ever been assembled. They lucked out they paid Steph a shit contract, and Klay/Draymond are on trash contracts as well. The TV deal allowed KD to have a shot at coming to this team. Cavs would have won another trophy if the Warriors didn't add KD and you know it. Get outta here with this trash. And lol he had a triple double in this game and Kyrie was going off, you don't understand the flow of the game obviously. If you are gonna talk basketball, at least know what the fuck you are talkin about.
No one knows this at all. Get the brooms out though.

mjp2417

Banned
If CP3 actually takes a paycut to get to SA and LMA gets his shit together they can make it interesting.

This is probably the best bet, but the fact that you need a top 10 player due for maybe the biggest contract in NBA history to take a sweetheart deal just to compete is pretty indicative.

I understand fatigue and all, but why didn't James get any touches in crunch time? After KD's 3, I would have bet that LeBron would post up and at least try to draw a foul. Seems a good idea given a 1 point deficit and home cooking from the refs.

Kettch

I understand fatigue and all, but why didn't James get any touches in crunch time? After KD's 3, I would have bet that LeBron would post up and at least try to draw a foul. Seems a good idea given a 1 point deficit and home cooking from the refs.

James had it the previous possession. He passed it up to Korver who missed. I don't think giving Irving a shot there was a bad idea, he was putting every drive into the basket even against perfect defense. The baffling part was why he settled for a step back three when he literally couldn't miss a layup though.

billbored.gif

are we done yet?

overcast

LeGM gets to handpick his team for 10+ years now and he about to get swept for the 2nd time in the finals. And he got bailed out by unbelievable 3 point shots in 2 of his 3 championship reigns along with a lot of other fortunate events. He has been handed everything on a silver platter since he entered the league so yea lets make excuses for him when he scores 11 total points in 3 straight 4 quarters of these finals.
Give it a fucking rest lmfao.

Plenty of people get "bailed out". Lebron has been the most dominant player in the league for an insane amount of time and is still doing phenomenal things at his age. He's gonna compete and could even chip agin next year. He's gonna go down as top 5, or at worst top 10 of all time. By a pretty large consensus.

He's got 3 rings buddy.

mxgt

Banned
So the Cavs were -10 in the two minutes that LeBron sat, and they are -45 in the 19 minutes he's sat the entire series.

He's only one man, it's a shame that he can do so much but still get blamed and criticised.

Siegcram

So the Cavs were -10 in the two minutes that LeBron sat, and they are -45 in the 19 minutes he's sat the entire series.

He's only one man, it's a shame that he can do so much but still get blamed and criticised.
Gotta get those hot takes in.

Dude's the best baller on the planet going against the best bball team on the planet.

Basketball is a team sport. Pretty easy math.

Are you by any chance implying that the Cavs are worse without their best player, and maybe the best player of the planet, off the court? :O

Next someone tells me the Cavs lose more when they shoot with worse percentages.

airjoca

Spurs with old men and Kawhi did a lot better than Cavs and their 3 all stars. They showed this Warriors team could be beat.

Like Drago, they bleed, they are not a machine, they are men. :)

U2NUMB

Minnesota you're our only hope.

Towns, Wiggins and Dunn must make a huge leap this offseason and become All-NBA Elite talents while adding a Top 5 player who's willing to work for a ring and not ride the coat tails of a previous champion.

And what's crazy is they are all 22ish still... So far away from prime, it's gonna take a few more years but if they mature like many think they could become something special. It so much has to happen... But I would love it to happen for sure.

Ok you guys need to admit that this years playoffs are one of the worse ever and I'm not talking cause it's the warriors. Letting a team possibly sweep every series in 4 is just not fun.

valkyre

Ok you guys need to admit that this years playoffs are one of the worse ever and I'm not talking cause it's the warriors. Letting a team possibly sweep every series in 4 is just not fun.

Its not just that... the quality of this game has been on decline for a few years now... with this, it just finally took its final form of a total circus show.

The League needs to take the appropriate action and swiftly. Hand checking should be brought back asap.

Then there should be enough regulations to ensure that Warriors and yes even Cavs phenomena cannot be reproduced.

Having 4 - 5 all star caliber players altogether gathered in a single team is just...bad.

The NBA has stopped being about basketball and is more about all kinds of circus shot making. It feels like the good ol' Harlem show...

And before people jump at me, I certainly admire the skill behind this circus stuff, but I do not agree with the way the game is played and the regulations that are in place atm, which promote and protect this kind of game.

But.....but the hot-takes are funny? Your post while extremely logical, isn't amusing and not one of the reasons I keep my eye on this thread

If the vast majority of them weren't actually 100% serious by the person I would agree. Instead it's just sad/pathetic/curious if they actually watch ball outside of the finals.

If the Jazz and Spurs were healthy the West playoffs would've been fine.

The East playoffs have been an absolute joke for 5 years because noone since the KG Celtics have put together a team that should even get close to Lebron's team of the year. (Those Pacers and Bulls teams were trash).

Outside of Zaza hurting Kawhi none of what made these playoffs suck really has shit to do with GSW.

Edit: LOL at lumping in Dunn with Towns or even Wiggins, Wolves will be lucky if Dunn is even a top 60 pg at any point in his career.

Once you got out of the first round nothing but blow outs. And the first rd would have been more interesting if were not for so many injuries. It's been a painful playoff for sure but the disappointment in the inevitable finals match since the season opener has to be the worse pain. There's no hope for any team next year either if the 2nd best team with the best player in the league can't even compete with this GS team.

Sulik2

The NBA needs to be contracted. You can't do it for financial reasons, but that is really the solution. There aren't enough world class ball players in the world to support the amount of teams in the NBA. Fewer more packed teams would fix the competitive balance issues. Shortening the season so every game mattered more and players could have longer heathier careers would help too. Or you need to rewrite the rule book. GSW have just redefined how basketball is played and league doesnt know how to handle it.

Top 16 playoff format for at least one season please
LeBron needs to face more west teams

If LeBron was serious about getting more people he'd sign for the vet minimum but he's never going to do that.
Money talks

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
What Kyrie is doing is simply incredible. I don't know how many times a guy his size can keep scoring contested layups against bigger and taller players consistently. What he's doing, you simply cannot practice. Literally wild circus layups every single game.

My observation has been that a lot people regard Irving as the more calculated player when compared to Curry, but as far as I can tell, he is just as reckless and his shots just as god damn crazy,the difference being that his are in the paint, and Curry's are not.

charsace

Some of you sound crazy right now. Warriors are well run and that had them in a place to get Durant. You can't penalize a team for making the right moves.

Raonak

Banned
I can't even comprehend the idea that this series was boring, or "bad basketball"

We're seeing some really high skilled basketball being played, both offensively and defensively. Lebron and Kyrie went into the zone, but so did KD, Curry and Klay.

Basketball is a team sport, it always has been.
GS is simply the best team in the NBA.

Two Words

For Center, my top 3 is Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq. That's solidified for me

For PF, it's Timmy and Dirk but there is such a hugh drop off from Timmy to Dirk for me
To be fair, Dirk never got to play with other future Hall of Famers like Robinson, Ginobili, Parker, Aldridge and Kawhi. Frankly, I'd put Dirk's 2011 championship with Jason Terry as their second best player vs the Heat as a more impressive run than any of Duncan's championship.

Yeah because you would hahahahaha.

LeBron talked about chasing ghosts and dumb shit, that's the only way.
Lol fuck no I wouldn't play for cheap, get as much money $$$$$$$$$$

Thompson x picks for Melo? Wouldn't Phil Jackson do that since Melo is leaving and it's better than getting nothing

Vet point guard
Kyrie
Melo
LeBron
Love

Idk man

Trey

The NBA needs to be contracted. You can't do it for financial reasons, but that is really the solution. There aren't enough world class ball players in the world to support the amount of teams in the NBA. Fewer more packed teams would fix the competitive balance issues. Shortening the season so every game mattered more and players could have longer heathier careers would help too. Or you need to rewrite the rule book. GSW have just redefined how basketball is played and league doesnt know how to handle it.

lmao

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Same story for any team until the Warriors need to pay someone.

Edit: Yada yada double post yada yada....

Someone's salty. LOL!

KD and Curry have both gone on record (or close to it) to say that they won't ask for superstar max money to keep the core intact.

Did anyone see Curry taunting after the KD shot? I thought it was pretty hilarious that he "took a shit" on the Cavs.

That totally escaped my mind. Maybe they could've worked the previous contracts better? Or is the trio taking up that much space?

I saw that (what Curry did). Better there is, he remembered Cavs didn't call time out and went straight to D. Imagine if they scored while he was showboating.

The narrative from all these sports writers is KD is the obvious Finals MVP, but I feel like Steph has been the better all around player. Going to be interesting to see who wins it, because I honestly can't decide.

Obvious choice would be KD, but if Steph erupts in Game 4 and they win, I'd say co-Finals MVP. Why not, right? He didn't get enough props for Game 3. Dude is 6'3 and led the team in rebounds (13). Not an easy feat with Draymond and Klay there. He had more boards than LeBron, even.

Someone's salty. LOL!

KD and Curry have both gone on record (or close to it) to say that they won't ask for superstar max money to keep the core intact.

I saw that (what Curry did). Better there is, he remembered Cavs didn't call time out and went straight to D. Imagine if they scored while he was showboating.

Obvious choice would be KD, but if Steph erupts in Game 4 and they win, I'd say co-Finals MVP. Why not, right? He didn't get enough props for Game 3. Dude is 6'3 and led the team in rebounds (13). Not an easy feat with Draymond and Klay there. He had more boards than LeBron, even.
If it's a co MVP how would it go? The 11 guys decide on it and one votes for Lebron while 5 pick each player? Do they get to talk about it to one another before voting?

CueMan

Banned
LeBron has faced far worst losses in the past, and Warriors still looked pretty bad with so many idiotic turnovers and stumbling and fumbling around with the ball and the Cavs just looked far worse with stupid fouls down the stretch and not defending when it matters most. Warriors haven't faced any real competition till now and they barely won. With that being said, Cavs in seven >;)

To be fair, Dirk never got to play with other future Hall of Famers like Robinson, Ginobili, Parker, Aldridge and Kawhi. Frankly, I'd put Dirk's 2011 championship with Jason Terry as their second best player vs the Heat as a more impressive run than any of Duncan's championship.
I'd say Tyson Chandler was the 2nd best player on that team. He was 2nd all nba defensive team and was dpoy the next year. But yeah Dirk was mighty impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom