• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

badb0y

Main thing is that the Cavs don't need a game 4 performance necessarily, they won by 20+ in game 4.

Hope Cavs win this out of nowhere, cause then I think it goes 7, and this goes down as an all-time NBA rivalry.

Yes they do, if the Cavs shot even 40% from the 3 the game would have been neck and neck and the dubs might have even taken it. You need to score 120+ to beat the Warriors, period.

Yes they do, if the Cavs shot even 40% from the 3 the game would have been neck and neck and the dubs might have even taken it. You need to score 120+ to beat the Warriors, period.
No, they needed to score 117.

No they dont need to be as good, they could've been 20 points worse and still won.

Ephemeris

Such fuckery if the Cavs win tonight. Then we probably get to game 7. The pressure on the Warriors to win that game might be too overwhelming, especially for this team that hasn't exactly thrived under pressure.

Just need an off night from GS and a good night from Cleveland.

oGNaL.gif

I need it

beat

Such fuckery if the Cavs win tonight. Then we probably get to game 7. The pressure on the Warriors to win that game might be too overwhelming, especially for this team that hasn't exactly thrived under pressure.

Just need an off night from GS and a good night from Cleveland.

Game 2 was an off night for GS, y'know.

And Game 3 was thriving under pressure.

but narratives

Ric Flair

Banned
I think the reason the game 7 narrative is so strong is because of how awesome it would be and how badly we would all love to watch that game

Jag

I think the reason the game 7 narrative is so strong is because of how awesome it would be and how badly we would all love to watch that game

NBA has been very exciting to watch for awhile now and i've been watching since the 80s. I always miss it after the Finals, for better or for worse.

Game 2 was an off night for GS, y'know.

And Game 3 was thriving under pressure.

but narratives
132 points is not an off night, even for this team. I dont care if you have some turnovers.

Winning a game while up 2-0 is not even in the same universe as being up 3-0 and now you have to win game 7 at home after losing in the exact same position last year and being on the verge of being the biggest chokers in sports history.

But you knew that already.

If CLE wins the next 2 they should be able to win game 7. Them winning today and Thursday would be extremely difficult considering dubs keep makinf 110+ even when they lost Friday. But who knows.

Prediction for today?
Dubs: 130
Cavs: 110
All GSW starters except Zaza with 20+ points.

Gorillaz

Nothing can stop fuckball when it's working. It's the unbeatable system imo.

If JR implements fuck ball and the team follows it's over

How do you actually stop fuckball when it works?

VeeP

Warriors are the only team in Finals history that's disadvantaged taking a game on the road and being up 3-1....because last year.

If it was 2-2 Warrior's would be at an advantage. But 3-1? It's already over. Congrats Cavs. Back to back. Lebron probably gonna go Back-to-Back-to-Back next year.

I don't know about him but I know what pressure these guys are under.

I just played in an over 30 tournament and it got intense in the finals. A t-shirt and a medal on the line so I know exactly what these guys are going through.

Did you find that wanting it more was a key in your victories?

Vyer

GAF analysis: whoever won the last game is never going to lose again.

We just don't see how the Cavs could lose again.

"Thanks for the report, bionic77."

"Up next on GAFCenter: Your Favorite Player, just how overrated is he? After the break."

bionic77

Did you find that wanting it more was a key in your victories?
As a basketball expert who has won at all levels of intramural play, one step removed from a professional, I can confidently say the the factors that were most important in victory were as follows:

!. Talent. It is much preferred to be more talented than your opponent (i.e. taller, faster, most skilled, etc.).
2. Wanting it more. For every loose ball. For every slice of consolation pizza, you aren't going to get it unless you want it more.
3. Not being afraid. Yes its the over 30 finals at the local synagogue. Yes, your friends and the Rabbi are watching. Yes we are talking 2017 tshirts and imitation gold medals.
But you have to block it out and not be afraid to take the open shot or make the winning play. This is not something that can be taught or measured by science. You know just know it when you see it.
4. Putting the ball in the basket. A big part of winning is scoring points. The best to do this to model your game after a true great like, say, Cedric Ceballos.
5. Mastering the cliche. You have to be bigger than the moment. You have to take over and you have to make sure to leave your mark on the game.

Considering the officiating team is Dan Crawford, Ed Malloy, and Derrick Stafford, hopefully we're not getting the slow crawl that Game 3 was.

My only problem is Tony Brothers at the replay...man can be blinder than a bat.

Fjordson

I'm gonna be in the theater for E3 here in a bit and will probably have to miss most of the game. Damn you Dubs for not finishing the sweep on Friday *shakes fist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom