• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a predictable result tbh. Oregon has had a good record against top 50 teams, which the Pac 12 has plenty of, but the Pac12 lacks elite top 10 calibur teams that Big 12 and ACC teams get to play regularly. OU is a top 10 team and Oregon just isn't to their level yet which is why they were exposed tonight. Good season for them though.

Fjordson

I've never seen Buddy Hield play; is he usually Steph Curry 2.0? I'm an Oregon fan, but this guy is a lot of fun to watch.
He's not always quite this, but he's shooting 46% from deep on over 8 attempts per game this year. He's legit.

Buddy gonna fuck around and get picked top 3
Seriously, he's barely top 10 on most mocks I've seen. Feel like he could end up being a steal. Granted he's kinda small and old for the draft these days (as crazy as that sounds) but that shooting ability...gahdamn.

DominoKid

Buddy should def be the 3rd pick. I dont think NBA players are so married to the idea that upperclassmen dont have upside. At least I hope so. But theres no way he goes over Simmons and Ingram.

Buddy is definitely going to have to improve his handles though. Thats gonna determine whether hes a star, starter or just a rotation guy. I believe in him, his obsessive work ethic and consistent development. Hes got all the other tools ready.

I like him more than Simmons overall (game and personality). Still want the Lakers to get Ingram though but Id be delighted if we got Buddy too. Im still not sold on Clarkson as a starter long term. I think hed be better as instant offense 6th man.

Jarate

Banned
Buddy should def be the 3rd pick. I dont think NBA players are so married to the idea that upperclassmen dont have upside. At least I hope so. But theres no way he goes over Simmons and Ingram.

Buddy is definitely going to have to improve his handles though. Thats gonna determine whether hes a star, starter or just a rotation guy. I believe in him, his obsessive work ethic and consistent development. Hes got all the other tools ready.

I like him more than Simmons overall (game and personality). Still want the Lakers to get Ingram though but Id be delighted if we got Buddy too. Im still not sold on Clarkson as a starter long term. I think hed be better as instant offense 6th man.

so generally, NBA players peak at age 25, so thats why younger players are more valued since you can try to make them better and get them used to playing in the NBA by the gime they are 22.

Hield is probably the 7th best prospect right now, I think my draft order is

1. Ingram
2. Simmons
3. Bender
4. Dunn
5. Jaylen Brown
6. Murray
7. Hield

I really like Hield though, and theres a huge chance that players like Poetl, and Ellenson get picked over him.

Jarate

Banned
You would think that Steph Curry would've buried the myth that upperclassman college players don't have upside, but I guess not?

Curry is a rare player who developed after he turned 25, and still continues to develop. You cant expect every draft prospect to develop that way.

Fjordson

You would think that Steph Curry would've buried the myth that upperclassman college players don't have upside, but I guess not?
Golden State's entire big three is like that. Klay played 3 years at Washington St. and Draymond stayed 4 years at MSU. All three of them have rocketed past any initial projections about their ceilings in the league.

Jarate

Banned
Golden State's entire big three is like that. Klay played 3 years at Washington St. and Draymond stayed 4 years at MSU. All three of them have rocketed past any initial projections about their ceilings in the league.

I think it's more pf a sign of how well the organization developed their players

Spurs and Warriors both are able to develop players really well

Fjordson

I think it's more pf a sign of how well the organization developed their players

Spurs and Warriors both are able to develop players really well
True.

They've been smart as fuck with Klay man. Weren't scared off when he got busted for weed, traded Monta Ellis so he could start with Curry, and then refused to give him up in any potential Kevin Love trade.

So this is the NBA thread now.

Knicks are trash.
I like that the NBA finally took my advice that they have too many teams, but they didn't have to relegate everyone besides Golden State and San Antonio. That was a little too aggressive.

When stuntin goes wrong...

Steph leading these lil dudes astray with some of the bullshit 3s he takes
They were watching Hield earlier!

They lucky Nova playing shit offense as well, all of those crappy shots they had, game should feel like a 15 point deficit
Also if KU wins then Oklahoma goes to the championship, Buddy is gonna wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom