• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

crispyben

Shadowhaxor said:
The PC version is bugged to hell and back (who would have expected that). Some times the rain is there, other times its not. Are you experiencing the bugged rear view mirror that looks like its stuck in vector mode?
The rearview mirror is by like that by design :p It's meant to help you identify opponents or hostiles...

felipepl said:
For those with the PC version, care to post your EA account names here so we can add each other?

I'd love to. I need some people on my wall and what-not.

Netrunner2k2 is my EA account name, I think.

Shinjitsu

Banned
I won't have the game tell next week (fuck you Play-Asia) but if anyone wants to add me on PSN I'll be playing the hell out of this next week: PSN ID "Shinjitsu"

panda21

i know its been mentioned before but fuck EA for cutting off the demo.

was contemplating buying this today after the gb quicklook, tried to fire it up just to confirm what was pretty much already a done deal, DENIED. well fuck you then, i wont buy it.

Shinjitsu

Banned
panda21 said:

was contemplating buying this today after the gb quicklook, tried to fire it up just to confirm what was pretty much already a done deal, DENIED. well fuck you then, i wont buy it.

So you just don't buy games that don't have demos?

Bernbaum

Game is amazing and the constant impetus to beat friendlist scores is a great carrot on a stick to be forever chasing.

But.

Loading times are getting me down. I hate restarting races and watching the game spend a billion years reloading. People whinge about framerate and AA, but I reckon load times are the first thing that needs to fuck off next gen.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Nice photos, keep them coming.

My less than stellar effort:
pic.jpg

Sectus

I just got the PC version, and I'm not getting any rain :< I can see the road be all shiny and I hear the rain sound effects, but I don't see the actual rain.

Edit: I got a feeling I'll be in the minority... but compared to the demo, I'm actually a bit disappointed with the full game. I was hoping the cop career would be all about fun fun cop chases... why are there darned time trials? I wanna bust suspects, not race to a finish line!

There's a few other small annoyances. Why do they have a freaking non-skippable tutorial about the main menu but they don't bother to explain any of the control settings? I accidentally mapped 2 functions you can do at the same time to the one button. "Option 1" just isn't very descriptive controls.

Also this warning message: "Are you sure you want to quit? You'll lose any unsaved progress." is the silliest thing ever when you're on the freaking main menu. What unsaved progress am I gonna lose?

Been playing this game the last couple of days but just played a Hot Pursuit game online and oh boy am I impressed or what.

I never even thought it would be this fun, would have just played online all the way through...

For those who never played online or thinking about it, try the Hot Pursuit mode and you won't be disappointed.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
panda21 said:

Umm...okay. So you like the quick look, you see all the glowing impressions here, you read the stellar reviews but since the demo isn't up anymore you don't want to buy it. Right.

Anyway, I am really liking this game. Even at high speeds with super sportscars I remain in control of the vehicle. I am really impressed with the game.

AdamMPSP said:
I have to think that the Freeride is in there just to make DLC easier for Criterion. I remember them saying that with Burnout Paradise they had plans to make DLC cars, then it turned out that all people liked were freeride events, and so they then focused on adding that content, and I think we can all agree that the year of Paradise was a huge success.

I can't help but think that they are just making sure that the game is ready for a Burnout:paradise level of freeride for future DLC, and I'm totally down for that. There's plenty of game to keep me busy until then.
I really hope you're right because right now it's a barren wasteland.

dskillzhtown said:
Umm...okay. So you like the quick look, you see all the glowing impressions here, you read the stellar reviews but since the demo isn't up anymore you don't want to buy it. Right.

Anyway, I am really liking this game. Even at high speeds with super sportscars I remain in control of the vehicle. I am really impressed with the game.

We keep knocking each other off on Leaderboards :lol

Klocker

panda21 said:

THIS

still might get suckered into a purchase though :lol

Klocker

Bernbaum said:
Game is amazing and the constant impetus to beat friendlist scores is a great carrot on a stick to be forever chasing.

what if none of your friends own it? :(

oh and is the online community thriving? (360)

This is my first NFS game.

I like it. It's like Burnout but with cops. Kinda like Burnout 2's Persuit mode but taken all the way.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
As a person whose favorite all-time racer is Burnout Paradise... how does this compare? I was worried about HP's "lack of speed" in the demo. Do the faster cars make the game feel more Burnout-y?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sweetvar26 said:
We keep knocking each other off on Leaderboards :lol

lol. Yeah, I am going to put a hurting on the leaderboards tonight! I actually have time to play for awhile tonight.

aristotle

You can make the demo work you know?

Turn your system clock back to before Nov. 1 and you can play it. That's what I had to do as well. Unfortunately the demo left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm strongly considering returning it since it's still unopened.

Edit: Before all of the "Criterion's demos suck!" camp get verbal, I loved the BO:p demo. I hated this one. Plus the fact that it's widely known that there isn't much to do outside of takedowns or racing. BO:p had that and more. I think this is a step back for the developer myself.

Adam Prime said:
As a person whose favorite all-time racer is Burnout Paradise... how does this compare? I was worried about HP's "lack of speed" in the demo. Do the faster cars make the game feel more Burnout-y?
It's very very fast with better cars, that much I can assure you. Blindingly fast.

jergrah

Still digging this game - but I need to stop playing Pursuit online to make my way through the Single Player. Here's the first pic I took:

pic.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Really having fun with the single player. I need to go online at some point, but would rather do that with some GAFers. Trying to beat friends' times is fun as hell too :lol

JRW

Wow this game actually runs good on PC for once, no stuttering or fps drops just solid 60fps goodness, So far im liking the game too.

i-Lo

Valru said:
As of today you can get it for $60 at toysrus

Fuck... to little to late. Oh well, got the LE on preorder. Sony is one of the few companies that keeps the price parity between US and CAD $.

jergrah said:
Still digging this game - but I need to stop playing Pursuit online to make my way through the Single Player. Here's the first pic I took:

http://cdn.hotpursuit.needforspeed....y0yMDExLXhibDImcGVycz03MzgwMDQ=/photo/pic.jpg

Nice pic mate. What time did you attain for that run?

Here are mine (still annoying as fuck that two is the limit for the HD shots. God knows what the fuck were the devs responsible for this system were thinking):

Snapshot of crash

x5ciyt.jpg

HD

p3q6e.jpg

34nfzq1.jpg

gillty

Banned
Autolog has been down for hours now, I can't even use photomode, this game is so screwed if they ever bring the servers down.

picisva.jpg

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
What kind of weather effects does this game have? Any snow, rain, thunder, or other effects?

Racing games with cool weather effects is always awesome.
I nearly shit my pants when I saw the thunder. Everything you listed in there is in there, and god damn night time is downright scary racing in non optimal condition.

AlphaTwo00 said:
I nearly shit my pants when I saw the thunder. Everything you listed in there is in there, and god damn night time is downright scary racing in non optimal condition.
That sounds great! :D

Yeah, racing in blazing insane speeds through different weather effects is always fun.

Pandemic

Does anyone else find it difficult to see the gaps in road-blocks when the time has been set to evening in a race. :lol

garth2000

Is anyone else having problems connecting online tonight?

I can't play online (just need for speed) and it says I'm not connected to autolog...

Every time I connect, it shows connected, then immediately disconnects. Such a shame, because online is so much fun.....

Pandemic

garth2000 said:
Is anyone else having problems connecting online tonight?

I can't play online (just need for speed) and it says I'm not connected to autolog...

Every time I connect, it shows connected, then immediately disconnects. Such a shame, because online is so much fun.....
I've also been experiencing this, after a few minutes, it disconnects, and continues to do the same thing.

oblo

Been playing all evening with some friends (hotseat), lots of fun, definately gave us the speed we needed, I was a fan of NFS from the first one on PC up until Most Wanted on my Gamecube... Seems like going Burnout was a good move to get me back. :D

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Any way to grab this as a digital purchase? Haven't looked too much into this game, but I'll probably grab it if Steam tosses a sale or something soon with black coming up.

EvaPlusMinus said:
Any way to grab this as a digital purchase? Haven't looked too much into this game, but I'll probably grab it if Steam tosses a sale or something soon with black coming up.
It's not coming to Steam. Try Direct 2 Drive, Impulse, or the EA Store

Top Bottom