• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Fucking bullshit, I just placed 1st in an online Hot Pursuit game and got promoted from lvl15 to 16, but then I got dropped from the Autolog server (which happens all the fucking time) and I got rolled back to lvl15. FIX THIS SHIT EA/CRITERION.

Sectus

Kabuki Waq said:
Even after the patch I dont get the rain effects... anyone else having the same issue?
Try updating your graphics card drivers, I read that fixed it for someone else who still couldn't get rain even after patch.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone asked about the Wii version a few pages back. We reviewed it; 3.5/10

(there's no screenshots because there is none out there).

Sectus said:
Try updating your graphics card drivers, I read that fixed it for someone else who still couldn't get rain even after patch.

so it turns out i get weather effect ....you need to have clouds + rain icon to get rain. Rain icon alone just means wet roads.

Not sure if already posted but if this video on Youtube can get to 1 million views, apparently, we get free DLC for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82et_z_gTlg&feature=player_embedded

We're thrilled to see that a lot of you are loving Hot Pursuit as much as we are. We all knew that Autolog was something special, but you guys are proving that it's going to change racing games forever. We actually feel sort of guilty for ruining so many friendships over the last week -- with over 3 million challenges exchanged already, it's clear that all is fair when it comes to the Speedwall. So now we have a challenge for all of you! The dev team has put together a pack of 3 supercar convertibles -- the Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster , and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition. If we can get the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launch trailer to 1 million views by December 12th, these three amazing rides will be our little holiday gift to all of you playing Hot Pursuit. The race is on!

Gowans

I thought Paradise would be fine in the long term for me but I really want to pick up this, I got GT5 instead but really want to play a arcady racer now with goof friends competition. Might brave the snow and head up to the supermarket tonight.

OneLetter

1000'd this game last night after grinding out the "End of the Line" police mission. You can easily get 25K in about 3-4 minutes each time. Anyway, MP only for me now, so shot me some invites if you're on and playing. 4v4's are hilarious when you're with a group of friends.

Final note - I REALLY hope that make Interceptor mode more than 1v1. 4v4 or even unbalanced teams (6 police v 2 racers for instance) could really make for some fun times. Hell, I'd like to see unbalanced teams possible in the general 4v4 mode.

Zeliard

iNvidious01 said:
just found my new fav mode - interceptor.

1. you can drive anywhere you want freely
2. you get tons of weapons
3. its piss easy to escape/catch people (for me anyway, went on a 15 win streak)
4. you get 10,000 bounty each game + most games end twice as fast as races)

The one unfortunate thing about the game is how so many of the modes in both officer and racer mode seem to be time trials and previews.

iNvid02

Zeliard said:
The one unfortunate thing about the game is how so many of the modes in both officer and racer mode seem to be time trials and previews.

i was thinking about the online mode interceptor - the 1v1 not the career one. but yeah i noticed that too in career, should have had more pursuits

edit: pagani zonda hot pursuit, matchmaking failed and it was me against 2 racers but its even better like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuENcoH5SE

Here are some pics I took :D :

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

Almak

Well that as screwed up! Was just doing an interception mission in SP. Me and the suspect are down to the last sliver of health and just when I'm about to reach him I crash...into nothing. Literally there was nothing in the way. No car, or fence, nothing. I assume that it was a car spawning there in that spot just in the split second as I was passing it, but this shouldn't happen.
Another instance of this was when I was doing a duel event and while passing a car to the right of me, it suddenly disappeared and a god damned truck appeared right in front of me. :lol

egocrata

Banned
I think this is my favorite NFS game since... well, since a long time ago. Porsche Unleashed, maybe. :D

Don´t be mistaken, I loved the first Hot Pursuit and some of the "ricer" era NFS, but this has the same visceral, kinetic quality that made me adore Burnout Paradise. If only my good honed "takedown moves" translated better...

Emitan

egocrata said:
If only my good honed "takedown moves" translated better...
I bought this game because I wanted a new Burnout and it's really hard to fight against my reflexes. It's so much easier to wreck people in Burnout. The cars feel like they're made of paper in those games. Screw realism! I want people to fly off bridges!

NJ Shlice

Okay, now I have a new favorite car. I'm at level 11. This thing accelerates fassssst.

McLaren

pic.jpg

I have 9 more levels to go and I really dont know what kind of cars I'm going to be getting. I already have McLaren, Lamborghini's, etc. But I'm excited. Don't spoil it for me.

Mar

Gowans007 said:
I thought Paradise would be fine in the long term for me but I really want to pick up this, I got GT5 instead but really want to play a arcady racer now with goof friends competition. Might brave the snow and head up to the supermarket tonight.

I know this is the Hot Pursuit thread and bias is expected. But you bought the wrong game man.

NJ Shlice said:
Okay, now I have a new favorite car. I'm at level 11. This thing accelerates fassssst.

McLaren

pic.jpg

I have 9 more levels to go and I really dont know what kind of cars I'm going to be getting. I already have McLaren, Lamborghini's, etc. But I'm excited. Don't spoil it for me.

There is a reason for liking that car so much. It is well regarded as the best road car ever built.

Loxley

I bought this on a whim from Amazon during their Black Friday sale, figuring I couldn't go wrong with $29.99 since I did enjoy the demo. My hesitance for picking it up at full price came from the fact that I simply am not that big of a fan of racers these days, even arcade ones; I tend to stick to RPGs and shooters. I've had fun with a few in the past (namely Burnout 3 and, ironically, Hot Pursuit 2) but for whatever reason I've just lost interest in the genre over the last five or so years.

That said, I'm fucking loving Hot Pursuit, easily worth the purchase. This is the first racing game I've purchased this gen and it feels like I picked the right one to jump on. Criterion gets praise from me for the interface design alone, these are some slick lookin' menus :lol I thought Reach couldn't be beat for menu design, but Criterion is really giving Bungie a run for their money here.

Dunno I'm going to even bother giving the mutliplayer a try, but man Criterion did a great job breathing life into the series.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I just finished getting Distinctions in all of the Cop missions, at level 12 in 6 hours.

Now onto the Racer career!

Gary Whitta said:
Fucking bullshit, I just placed 1st in an online Hot Pursuit game and got promoted from lvl15 to 16, but then I got dropped from the Autolog server (which happens all the fucking time) and I got rolled back to lvl15. FIX THIS SHIT EA/CRITERION.

WTF? I have noticed I get bumped out of Autolog but I didn't think that could jeopardize your XP. Def needs a patch.

NJ Shlice

Brazil said:
I just finished getting Distinctions in all of the Cop missions, at level 12 in 6 hours.

Now onto the Racer career!
You're insane. The Fast Responses make me want to rip every hair out of my nutsack.

i-Lo

NJ Shlice said:
You're insane. The Fast Responses make me want to rip every hair out of my nutsack.

Especially when the restart sequences so fracking long drawn.

EDIT: As if bumping into stuff won't slow you down the penalty seconds are cruel, cruel joke.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Loxley said:
That said, I'm fucking loving Hot Pursuit, easily worth the purchase. This is the first racing game I've purchased this gen and it feels like I picked the right one to jump on. Criterion gets praise from me for the interface design alone, these are some slick lookin' menus :lol I thought Reach couldn't be beat for menu design, but Criterion is really giving Bungie a run for their money here.
If you get this excited over menu design, you should check out Dirt. It will blow your mind.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Grid also had some very slick menus.

I really like this game but it's kinda tough. I can gold most types of races after a few tries, but the Rapid Response challenges kick my ass. It seems like you need a nearly perfect ride to get a gold on them, I can barely scrape by with a bronze.

iNvid02

the only event i've had to retry on so far is that stirling moss mercedes in desert strike, he jammed me and turned around so i lost him. i got him on my 3rd try in 1:30 though which made up for it.

but overall i'd give it a 6/10 for the challenge the game presents - what about you?

Emitan

NJ Shlice said:
Especially when the only thing you hit is some moron who swerves into you and then it turns out you missed getting gold by three seconds.

REV 09

I love hot pursuit. It honestly could be the best racer this gen. Burnout, Blur, & Most Wanted all mashed together into awesomeness.

Kolgar

The crash-ups and mash-ups in this game are DELICIOUS! Having a lot of fun with photo mode. I'll be back later with some nice wrecks. :lol

2wf7cdg.jpg

24awww6.jpg

2a00sb6.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
NJ Shlice said:
I stopped getting mad at them when I got a Distinction with over 20 seconds of penalties.

They're really not that hard. The time limits become quite forgiving once you get a handle of the drifting.

Volcynika

Made some progress this evening and dabbled a bit in online. My team won every time for online, though the people that PLAY THEIR MUSIC THROUGH THEIR MIC SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLE.

... (So glad to figure out how to mute people. Also dealt with lots of awful curse-filled trash talk.)

But I got up to level 5 in my cop career thing at least!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This game is fantastic! Wow! Good times tonight with Captain N online. I took him out in my first online race with a dastardly head-on collision.

Top Bottom