• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Volcynika said:
Made some progress this evening and dabbled a bit in online. My team won every time for online, though the people that PLAY THEIR MUSIC THROUGH THEIR MIC SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLE.
One of my least favorite things about Xbox Live. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR SHITTY MUSIC, DUDE! I'm always ready with that mute button!

gdt

Can someone help me put together a playlist on my PS3? I don't have any music on it's harddrive, I only stream my music from my computer.

How do I save it on the HDD, and then use it in this game?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Gary Whitta said:
One of my least favorite things about Xbox Live. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR SHITTY MUSIC, DUDE! I'm always ready with that mute button!
whatcha got against Linkin Park?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
gdt5016 said:
Can someone help me put together a playlist on my PS3? I don't have any music on it's harddrive, I only stream my music from my computer.

you can copy from a CD-ROM but the best way is to put the music on an external memory device like a USB stick then copy to the PS3. If you're using an external memory device, find it in the music tab of XMB, click triangle then 'display all' to find the music files and copy them. just be sure to put all your music files in a folder first so you can copy the folder instead of individual files.

once you got the music files on the PS3, it's pretty easy to set up playlists.

Received this from Amazon today. Demo is an inappropriate term for what was offered to represent the game. From the first race with the Porsche, you can immediately discern how crap the demo was and how good the game is. Not better by comparison, just a great game. What wasn't evident from the demo, far from it, is how well Criterion captured the NFS:HP feel. Sure, it's not the older games, but it seems right. Horrible fuggin' demo.

This and GT5 have spoiled me for other racers. Hoping Dirt 3 returns to actual point-to-point rallying and I'll drown in drool with overwhelming happiness. Scratch that: if DICE was allowed to remake/update Rallisport, then I die happy.

Game is fun as hell and occasionally infuriating. The rubber banding is atrocious. Sure it's exciting, but seeing behind the curtain breaks immersion and induces rage.

Would also like criterion to tone down the frequent camera cutaways, they're unnecessary for EMP and Spike strips IMO.

Teknoman

gdt5016 said:

You could just copy the music directly to your PS3 through the network. Just click on whatever folder or track you want to copy and press triangle.

gdt

Snuggler said:
you can copy from a CD-ROM but the best way is to put the music on an external memory device like a USB stick then copy to the PS3. If you're using an external memory device, find it in the music tab of XMB, click triangle then 'display all' to find the music files and copy them. just be sure to put all your music files in a folder first so you can copy the folder instead of individual files.

once you got the music files on the PS3, it's pretty easy to set up playlists.

Cool. I'll get some Daft Punk right off my external hard drive :D .

mjc

I've been addicted to this game like crazy. It's weird too because racers are one of my least favorite genres.

Gary Whitta said:
GT5 finally arrived today and it's just sitting on my desk because I'm too busy playing this :lol

I traded in some stuff at a local electronics shop and ended up with just enough to buy a game-- getting GT5 was my goal. Buuuut, they don't have GT5 yet and the guy said that they may not have any for a few weeks.

Not sure if I can hold out that long, and this game is awfully tempting.

noire said:
Ps3? Yes.. Except Logitech wheels.

Supposed to get patched in though.

That'll make my decision easy enough since I'm getting one of the Fanatec wheels. PS3 it is! (in about a month :lol )

God I miss NFS.

Loxley

mjc said:
I've been addicted to this game like crazy. It's weird too because racers are one of my least favorite genres.

Same here :D

I keep falling under the "Okay....maybe just one more race...." mentality. I'm trying to write a paper here Criterion god damn it, you're not helping.

D23

this game is soooo addicting!!
i just played 3 hours of non stop hot pursuit with 7 other people. we all have microphone so theres a lot of screaming and yelling! most fun ive had playing online in a loonngg time!!

Gary Whitta said:
I had one guy taking requests. The only caveat was that is had to be from DIsturbed's ouvre.

Ballistik

I did that hot pursuit where you first get the road block in 24 seconds :D
Oh and then I got 1:00 on the first chase where you have to take down the 3 cars!! This game is fun.

crispyben

Got to level 14 in both careers, took me well over 20 hours, I don't know how some of you are doing! I'm much closer to finishing the Cop career events-wise though, because there are less to begin with and because I had many more retries on the Racer side :D I think I'll move to online play once I get all distinctions and SP trophies, with a few pinches of Autolog Recommends, which I'm ignoring right now.

Teknoman

pic.jpg

I am so glad I bought this.

iNvid02

hot pursuit with the reventon roadster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAyFWWNe5E

pro tip: its about self preservation, 80% of the time the person in 1st will usually get taken out first. i usually try and get behind the cops, wait for them to get damaged and eithre finish them off with my weapons or drive past to the finish line - they are usually out of weapons by this point. the only real risk is that the other racers in front may reach the finish line - so it depends on the quality of the cops your playing against too.

Jinaar

I haven't had this much fun since Burnout 3. And the AUTOLOG is absolutely brilliant/devilish in what it does. I played one race for over an hour just to get remotely close to the first place person on my AUTOLOG, finally getting a gold and placing 0.3 seconds. :)

I feel this is the driving game this season :) Online has been a joy as well.

Oneself

Looks like there is a limit for high quality pics... 25 is the magic number. :|

I've never tried to take down other racers as a racer before and well, it can be done. Makes some races easier actually.:lol

This game is awesome, though I am sad when I went to BestBuy and see stacks of the games left unsold for $35.00... it's a steal for that price.

On-line is a blast to play and autolog really keep you trying the same track to get better time than your friend.

Oneself

I'm also sad to see that it doesn't appear to be the success I was hoping for.. nobody's playing this game in my friends list. =(

Emitan

iNvidious01 said:
hot pursuit with the reventon roadster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAyFWWNe5E

pro tip: its about self preservation, 80% of the time the person in 1st will usually get taken out first. i usually try and get behind the cops, wait for them to get damaged and eithre finish them off with my weapons or drive past to the finish line - they are usually out of weapons by this point. the only real risk is that the other racers in front may reach the finish line - so it depends on the quality of the cops your playing against too.
Awesome video. I can't wait to level up and get decent cars. I'm still stuck at level 5 on both profiles.

antiquegamer said:
This game is awesome, though I am sad when I went to BestBuy and see stacks of the games left unsold for $35.00... it's a steal for that price.

Wait.. What? Bestbuy has this for $35???? Picked it up on the for $35 over the weekend but for the PS3 and I wanted it for the 360. Then I found out that G2play had it for the PC for $22... that was a steal. So I was going to return the PS3 copy and get the Xbox copy, since noone of my friends have it on the PS3 (lame asses).

DasRaven

antiquegamer said:
That is really odd for the game not to support Logitech wheel on PS3 ...

I get the feeling that they wanted to keep the playing field level. So, everyone plays on controllers.
This is also why there's no manual gear changes, assists, or AI difficulty levels.

Square Triangle said:
What is the best way of grinding out the levels?

Grinding Hypercars class hot pursuits as a racers (wrecks as much cops as possible, you'll end up earning 25 000+ points per races.

Grinding hyperclass hotpursuit as a cop, (one where you earn 15 000 credits for busting 7 dudes) on the west coast.

Use your weapons: hit with spikes/iem earns more than slamming, always throw all your weapons to earn more points.

I end up grinding twenty times the same last hot pursuit event. I had some crazy time after nailing the timing. It never felt boring to grind.

Volcynika said:
There's a way to see how long you played it? On the save file or something?

Press SQUARE at the main map, full stats show off

iNvid02

finally got gold on all events, that last seacrest county tour was awesome, 43 miles of awesome :lol

just need to go up 2 more levels as a cop and i get an easy platinum

also, i think those time trials where you lose points for collisions definitely made me better at the game, was on fire today in hot pursuit

Emitan

iNvidious01 said:
finally got gold on all events, that last seacrest county tour was awesome, 43 miles of awesome :lol

just need to go up 2 more levels as a cop and i get an easy platinum

also, i think those time trials where you lose points for collisions definitely made me better at the game, was on fire today in hot pursuit
WHAT. That's insane. Is it the whole map?

noire said:
Oh, thought you had a PS3 because of the Move tortoise avatar. If you have a wheel on the 360 or PC, it's probably supported. They just didn't support the most popular PS3 wheels for some reason.

List o' wheels: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3855014.page

I have them both. I am just getting a wheel for the PS3 as the Fanatec and Logitechs aren't supported on the 360 and right now I'm playing GT5. I just remember reading that it didn't support wheels and it kind of dropped off my radar for a while.

Good to see it has been addressed. While I am looking forward to the sim racing aspect of the wheel I really want a balls to the wall NFS game with one. That will be awesome.

NHale

betweenthewheels said:
Game is fun as hell and occasionally infuriating. The rubber banding is atrocious. Sure it's exciting, but seeing behind the curtain breaks immersion and induces rage.

When you know that it doesn't matter how quick you are in the first 2/3 of a race then you know something is wrong with the AI. It's not game breaking for me but I would prefer if they managed to do the rubberbanding less evident.

My main problem with the game is the events where you get time penalties for crashing into a wall/traffic. Who came with this stupid idea? "I think it would be great if we had a event where people have to drive like this was a sim racer.".

JdFoX187

Banned
NHale said:
When you know that it doesn't matter how quick you are in the first 2/3 of a race then you know something is wrong with the AI. It's not game breaking for me but I would prefer if they managed to do the rubberbanding less evident.

My main problem with the game is the events where you get time penalties for crashing into a wall/traffic. Who came with this stupid idea? "I think it would be great if we had a event where people have to drive like this was a sim racer.".
What really infuriates me during those events is how half the time the cars will stop right in the middle of the road. Fine and dandy if you can move into another lane, or even veer off course for a split second. But when you're on a narrow two-lane road, or in a curve, and two cars pull that shit side by side, makes me want to punch a fucking kitten.

Top Bottom