• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Sectus

plagiarize said:
i would sacrifice my clean drivers license to go and live in Seacrest County.
Where the police hand out speed tickets by ramming racers off a cliff? I don't think that would be the best place to live.

Most annoying way to get busted: when a cop has you jammed in stationary and holds you there long enough for the bust to kick in. SMH! :lol

Also they REALLY REALLY need to fix the helicopter AI. The ones in my game have now taken to hovering behind the lead racer and just dropping spikes right in front of me. FUCK OFF.

Beezy

Gary Whitta said:
Most annoying way to get busted: when a cop has you jammed in stationary and holds you there long enough for the bust to kick in. SMH! :lol

Also they REALLY REALLY need to fix the helicopter AI. The ones in my game have now taken to hovering behind the lead racer and just dropping spikes right in front of me. FUCK OFF.
Are you playing on the 360? I need more times to disrespect.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Gary Whitta said:

Wait, there's the old fashioned busts? I thought they could only bust you if you wrecked.

Emitan

Gary Whitta said:

It's better than the ones I call in. Mine just fly into mountains and drop spike strips into inaccessible terrain.

UFRA

twinturbo2 said:
Wait, there's the old fashioned busts? I thought they could only bust you if you wrecked.

Nope, old-school Hot Pursuit busts are in as well.

I got people like this online a few times when they thought they'd be clever and stop when I launched an EMP. I just pull ahead of them and cut them off. :D

Anybody feel like adding me as a friend? No one I know plays NFS and I am dying to have wall times to shoot for. Some online racing would be nice, too.

Gamertag is: brendanrfoley22

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
UFRA said:
Nope, old-school Hot Pursuit busts are in as well.

I got people like this online a few times when they thought they'd be clever and stop when I launched an EMP. I just pull ahead of them and cut them off. :D
Oh wow, can I do this in single-player? It could make some Interceptor challenges a little easier.

Sectus

twinturbo2 said:
Oh wow, can I do this in single-player? It could make some Interceptor challenges a little easier.
Yup, it's possible in singleplayer too. I find it really hard to pull off though. I've only had one bust in that way.

I wouldn't have expected an arcade racer to have such a learning curve. Hot Pursuit does, but once you learn how to drift... wow. This game is a blast.

Ballistik

Gary Whitta said:
Anyone having trouble logging into autolog? It says I need to be logged into Xbox Live, but I am.
It works when I first start the game, but after a couple of races, it fails to connect.. and it won't work until I restart the game. Happened to me like 3 times in the past 2 days.

Just got the game.

First NFS in forever, but what jumps out at me most is how well STREAMLINED everything is. Great interface. Everything's connected and that's awesome. Going to send out some friend invites so I can embarrass myself on the autolog. :D

GT: Torpedo44

luffeN

Wow, just had the worst scene of rubber band AI in action. I was first on the last km to the finish line when suddenly TWO cpu cars get DROPPED right in front of me, "ok"...

this could be considered a spoiler (concerning the last racer event)
wtf! 70km for the last race?? hahahaah xD

crispyben

Golddigger trophy get! :D Man, that "Seacrest Tour" was a bitch... I must have made 5 attempts: the first two I got owned in the last section, third one I got wrecked 5 meters from the finish line after we both crashed in the last turn, fourth try I opened the door on the last turn, and the fifth was the slowest I ever was but I got an inexplicable 14 secondes lead before the last section which I managed not to squander entirely. Now to get the online trophies and get to Cop rank 20...

U2NUMB

Gary Whitta said:
Looks like EA's servers are fucked today, I can't get online and neither can a bunch of other people I know.

Yep really upset.. loaded up the newest Weekend Confirmed and wanted to race online.. so annoying that this stuff still happens with EA and their servers.

I also love how their error messages always make it sound like its YOUR fault

Thought it was just me since this is the first day I've had the game. I guess I'm a little relieved to know it's everybody then.

Plus it'll give me more time to practice before getting mauled online.

Gary Whitta said:
Looks like EA's servers are fucked today, I can't get online and neither can a bunch of other people I know.
So it's not just me. Error Code 40010000 right?

God damnit. Guess I'll go play something else. If I can't knockoff someone's score, then there's no point in playing... :lol

U2NUMB

CartridgeBlower said:
Thought it was just me since this is the first day I've had the game. I guess I'm a little relieved to know it's everybody then.

Plus it'll give me more time to practice before getting mauled online.

But its more than just online racing.. because this game has a BIG focus on you setting times against your friends and is always wanting to share data even in the single player it is extra annoying they can not get their crap in gear.

U2NUMB said:
But its more than just online racing.. because this game has a BIG focus on you setting times against your friends and is always wanting to share data even in the single player it is extra annoying they can not get their crap in gear.

Ah, yeah, I get your point. Bummer then, definitely.

Also sucks because of the online pass. If some people are now theoretically paying for online, it shouldn't be this borked.

Insane Metal said:
Is there any way to enable AA in the game?
yep. buy an ATi card and force it on in the drivers. you can use MSAA on the cars and MLAA on everything. frankly, you can't see the aliasing on the scenery when you're driving at speed, but you sure can see it on the cars when it isn't there.

i'm sure Nvidia will get support in the drivers for it soon, but i expect it's just going to be on cars there too unless they work with the developers on it.

but again, screenshots aside, it's not really a big deal that the scenery remains aliased.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think I'm finally gonna try the online portion tonight. I was hoping to hold off until I got better, but fuck it, why not just jump in.

keep me in your prayers

2lthtgn.jpg

11tqsqt.jpg

ifznll.jpg

wish it would do higher res shots, but these'll do.

Anyone got an extra Online Pass? I got the game through Gamefly and only have the 2-day free pass then (I thought EA used to give you longer?).

Anyway, it would be much appreciated.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You guys always get such awesome pics. I try to snap 'em when something happens but I'm either too late, or it doesn't turn out as I want.
A replay mode would have been so nice.

Westonian

The Double Jeopardy event in the racer career made me want to swear like a Russian being eaten alive by a chipped-toothed badger. Three times in a row I was wrecked out within sight of the finish line.

When I finally beat it I ran a victory lap around the living room pumping my fist in the air. My wife thought I was overreacting. I wasn't. It was pure joy in perfect syncronicity with orgasmic relief.

I rue the day one of my friends beats my time and I'm compelled to venture once more into the breach of that race.

Managed to get a few races in tonight and then the servers went down again. EA's online service really is a joke for a company of its size.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I finally played some online races, mostly Hot Pursuit. Even though I sucked it was a lot of fun. I'm way better at being po-po than a racer.

but the online held up all night, maybe you should play on PS3, Gerry

crispyben said:
Golddigger trophy get! :D Man, that "Seacrest Tour" was a bitch... I must have made 5 attempts: the first two I got owned in the last section, third one I got wrecked 5 meters from the finish line after we both crashed in the last turn, fourth try I opened the door on the last turn, and the fifth was the slowest I ever was but I got an inexplicable 14 secondes lead before the last section which I managed not to squander entirely. Now to get the online trophies and get to Cop rank 20...

Managed to get Gold on Seacrest Tour on my first attempt.

I'm assuming it was an early Christmas miracle.

Gary Whitta said:
Managed to get a few races in tonight and then the servers went down again. EA's online service really is a joke for a company of its size.

Yeah, servers are down again.

It's amazing what a difference a Chemical Brothers playlist makes to the single player. "Under The Influence" comes up on random and it's like MEGA MALL BABY!!!

;D

Beezy

If you play the campaign while not connected to autolog, will your times be uploaded the next time it does connect? If not, then there's no point in me playing this right now.

derFeef

Another PC Patch incoming
* Groundcover Graphical Errors: When alt-tabbing, the groundcover would start to corrupt, causing random tree images to appear all over the screen.
* Controller Configurations: On some machines controller configurations that have been set up for wheels, pads, etc are not saving correctly to a configuration file. This is now fixed.
* Rare crash when entering the Career map screen: The game sometimes crashes when entering the Career map screen quickly after booting the game.
* Rare crash when streaming graphical data
* Steering response reported as having large dead zone
* Player car engine volume too low
* Crashes affecting players with AMD / ATI Radeon graphics cards if they have overridden the AA settings in the control centre happens when players pick an event in the map screen prior to the car select. AMD/ATI has said this will be fixed in the next release of AMD’s drivers (10.12) around the second week of December.
Bold is personal YAY! I always thought the volume for engine is too low.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
... And done!

Now I've got both the True Blue (Cop level 13) and Golddigger (Racer level 17) trophies. What's left for me now is having a blast in the online mode until I'm level 20 in both careers. :)

(Top of speedwall on the F1 trial!)

Edit: Forgot to say: the Seacrest Tour event is awesome
ly dangerous. I finished it in critical condition, but 30 seconds ahead of the 2nd racer.

burgerdog

Y2Kev said:
What triggers a "burnout" in the game? I can't figure it out and it's not in the manual.

Trying to get the achievement? I *think* it is when you fully deplete your nitro without hitting anything.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
burgerdog said:
Trying to get the achievement? I *think* it is when you fully deplete your nitro without hitting anything.
No, just curious. I got one and had no idea why.

Any word on when the online stats will finally go live? Looking in-game works well enough for my stuff but I'd like to check out friends stats too and the website would work for that.

lawblob said:
Finally pulled myself away from single player and jumped into multiplayer. My god.... this game is awesome.

yea I just went online for the first time and this is seriously the best multiplayer game ive played this gen. Even better than Gears and Uncharted 2

The multiplayer is really great. The only problem I've had is when a buddy and I try to find a game together. It works when a room isn't full, but it'd be nice if we could just buddy up for matchmaking instead of one of us finding a room while the other tries to join before it's full. It seems really weird to not add a party option (if you create a room it's private, so that doesn't work).

Also, adding a buddy to the mix ramps up how awesome online is. As cops we each got on a side of a racer and at the same time rammed him inbetween us and he went flying for the bust. He had nowhere to go and we timed it perfect. There's no real co-op but having someone to kind of work with for the better good is badass.

I busted a guy without really wrecking him here. He bounced over the railing and basically hovered over a hill and gone. The rail is where the yellow sign is!
pic.jpg

FunnyBunny said:
Anybody feel like adding me as a friend? No one I know plays NFS and I am dying to have wall times to shoot for. Some online racing would be nice, too.

Gamertag is: brendanrfoley22
BigNastyCurve said:
Added.

GT: ChewyWaffles
I sent both of you requests. Would really love to get online going with some people from GAF. Quick match is fun but playing with people you reasonably know would be a blast. Gamertag (360) is 'blah blah cr' since I don't think many are viewing the tag thread anymore.

Top Bottom