• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

baylon452

Neo Member
Opus Angelorum said:
£22.99 delivered @ Gameplay :

Xbox 360

PS3

No excuse.

FINE! Ill give in. I'll be on 360. Ill be back soon looking for people to add to the friends wall or whatever its called * since I don't know anyone else with this.

If anyone wants to add me now, gt is baylon452 .

EDIT: * AutoLog :p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Bought it just now off direct2drive for 30£ , can't wait to try it out :D!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Godzilla achievement was a piece of cake. I was able to get a gold medal in the Run to the Hills event in the GT-R Spec V with no weapons... on my first try, no less!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Corky said:
Bought it just now off direct2drive for 30£ , can't wait to try it out :D!

Why would you buy at D2D when steam is going to be selling it for less soon?

So it arrived yesterday, and I just started playing it today. OMFG THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER! Holy crap I am amazed by the graphics and all of the detail they put into it. Also the cars control well and look amazing.

This is my favorite game on PS3 so far. If they make a Hot Pursuit 2 I'll definitely buy it :D

Hot Pursuit is so much better than Burnout Paradise.

Beezy

The people playing Interceptor online on the 360 are pissing me off. 2nd guy I've played today who just keeps letting me win. They must be achievement hunting.

KaYotiX

Banned
Beezy said:
The people playing Interceptor online on the 360 are pissing me off. 2nd guy I've played today who just keeps letting me win. They must be achievement hunting.
Yup, I'm ashamed I did the same thing for my last few races because that mode is boring when compared to hot pursuit or even a regular race.

Hot pursuit mode for life!!

frAntic_Frog said:
gonna sit this game out till its $15 in bargain bins

any game that feels like it needs to release a timed demo is probably not worth my time

It's fun and worth the money, although I essentially bought the Limited Edition for 33 bucks...
I was complaining there wasn't a demo but it seems totally worth the cost.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
frAntic_Frog said:
gonna sit this game out till its $15 in bargain bins

any game that feels like it needs to release a timed demo is probably not worth my time

The timed demo was a strange decision, but it is a really great racing game. The driving is perfect for me, it's not as arcadey as Burnout but it's still a fantasy racer, not boring sim shit. I love flying down an icey road at 200mph in a Lamborghini, it just feels right. But the game is packed with a lot of content and cool features, I'm very happy with it.

no harm in waiting, but let it be known that it's worth a purchase for any racing fan

so there's no 360 demo yet?

That's what he was referring to. There was a demo, but they deleted it around the time the game came out.

Beezy

What's the quickest way to level up as cop? I'm at rank 14 and I'm barely moving up. On the other hand, I'm ranked 19 as a racer and I'll hit 20 in a couple of races.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
isamu said:
Why would you buy at D2D when steam is going to be selling it for less soon?

because steam has rarely, if ever, better prices on brandnew games than direct2drive UK.

+ I didn't want to wait to be honest

I just sent friend requests to baylon452 and dr montelban my GT is requiescat I'm not very far into the game but it will give you guys some times for the early events

Decado

How is the AI in this game? I bought it (unopened)...but may return it after I get back from holiday since I'm enjoying Blur so much. I love the fact that if you kick ass in Blur you can pull out in front and keep a big lead, and if you fuck up you lose (no rubber band AI).

iNvid02

Beezy said:
What's the quickest way to level up as cop? I'm at rank 14 and I'm barely moving up. On the other hand, I'm ranked 19 as a racer and I'll hit 20 in a couple of races.

keep replaying the last 2 hot pursuits on career, if you take all 7 racers down each time you'll get about 15-20k bounty each time, you'll be 20 in no time

also new DLC announced!

13 new events
- new trophies/achievments
3 new cars (cop/racer versions so 6 really)
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- GUMPERT Apollo S
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport (i've seen this before online, it has a yellowish bottom colour, i always wondered how someone got this, certain ppl must have had this dlc)

It's out on 21st December on Xbox 360 (560 Microsoft Points) and 22nd December on PlayStation 3 (£5.49).

Beezy said:
Online seems to be the best way if you win.

So, the Super Sports Pack:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66782

The $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points) DLC will add the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, GUMPERT Apollo S and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport horseless carriages to Criterion's high-speed policing game, along with thirteen new new race and pursuit events.

December 21st.

EDIT: DAMN YOU iNvidious01!!! :lol

Beezy

iNvidious01 said:
keep replaying the last 2 hot pursuits on career, if you take all 7 racers down each time you'll get about 15-20k bounty each time, you'll be 20 in no time

also new DLC announced!

13 new events
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- GUMPERT Apollo S
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport (i've seen this before online, it has a yellowish bottom colour, i always wondered how someone got this, certain ppl must have had this dlc)

It's out on 21st December on Xbox 360 (560 Microsoft Points) and 22nd December on PlayStation 3 (£5.49).
Thanks and woot for cheap dlc. I hope they don't take up too much space.

AlphaTwo, I've been playing online for the past few days and winning hot pursuit as a cop online is way harder than winning as a racer, especially since the other cops on my team usually don't know what they're doing. It would take me at least a month to level up that way.

DasRaven

AlphaTwo00 said:
EDIT: DAMN YOU iNvidious01!!! :lol

If it makes you feel better, you're both about a week late.

But the price/date is news. Glad it's cheap, I may pick it up.
Speaking of which, how's that "YouTube trailer views for DLC" thing going? Probably not well.

Beezy said:
Thanks and woot for cheap dlc. I hope they don't take up too much space.

AlphaTwo, I've been playing online for the past few days and winning hot pursuit as a cop online is way harder than winning as a racer, especially since the other cops on my team usually don't know what they're doing. It would take me at least a month to level up that way.
Yup, a good team is key. I've had races where cops were targeting me instead of racers. They were pretty upset that I was in front of the pack and not them, even though we're on the same team. :lol

DasRaven said:
If it makes you feel better, you're both about a week late.

But the price/date is news. Glad it's cheap, I may pick it up.
Speaking of which, how's that "YouTube trailer views for DLC" thing going? Probably not well.
Well, what's in was announced today.

Beezy

AlphaTwo00 said:
Yup, a good team is key. I've had races where cops were targeting me instead of racers. They were pretty upset that I was in front of the pack and not them, even though we're on the same team. :lol
Exactly! I lose half my energy at the very beginning of a hot pursuit because of my teammates. Fuck that. :lol

newsguy

AlphaTwo00 said:

I tend to play this game without a headset... But I've gotten my lazy-ass up and plugged in a headset just to call teammates cocksuckers. I HATE when my own cops EMP me. I understand that locking on to a fellow cop can be incidental, but once you do it, pull your E brake asshole. I've lost a few races as a cop because the guy with a sliver of health escaped this way.

garth2000

AlphaTwo00 said:

So I have a question about this. I always try to be a team player when I play online (which admittedly isn't very much). Given the pace of the game and how fast it is, how do you not end up hitting your team mates sometimes? I get with the emp, you can hit the brakes, but I accidentally ram other cops all the time when trying to take down another racer. So whats the ettiquite on this?

Question. Is it possible to get my savegame from one account to another? I'm playing on my European account (standard), but I imported the game since I'm a cheap bastard. Problem is I can't use my online pass and can't play online at all, unless I use my US account. And that one has 0% progress...

FStop7

Banned
I could play the "Stampede" Hot Pursuit mission over and over again.

Why is there no mission builder in this game and why aren't there more pursuit missions? The time trials are so dull.

baylon452

Neo Member
VenusandBacchus said:
I just sent friend requests to baylon452 and dr montelban my GT is requiescat I'm not very far into the game but it will give you guys some times for the early events

Thanks a lot, I was wondering who you were haha. Game is on its way and should be with me in a few days. Looking forward to playing.

newsguy

garth2000 said:
So I have a question about this. I always try to be a team player when I play online (which admittedly isn't very much). Given the pace of the game and how fast it is, how do you not end up hitting your team mates sometimes? I get with the emp, you can hit the brakes, but I accidentally ram other cops all the time when trying to take down another racer. So whats the ettiquite on this?

Honestly, incidental contact is expected. At the beginning of the race, and also in roadblocks I've noticed. It's hard to get pissed at someone if they bash you while everything's cluttered like that, there just isn't enough road.

iNvid02

well here are my tips (yeah im pretty good :D )

PLAYING AS RACER
3 strategies i employ depending what type of cops/racers im playing against

bad cops and racers
- speed ahead
- stay in front
- cross the line first

usually im so far ahead i don't even need to use my weapons and nobody catches up
just let the noobs battle it out at back

good cops but bad racers
- hang back usually behind a few cops near last place
- reserve health and reserve weapons
- let cops focus their energies on the guys in front

both cops and racers will have used up about 80-90% of their weapons, and cops are usually on yellow health and racers on red
when the time is right catch up and start taking out any cops you pass with EMPs and spikes - this should put em on red health
takedown any racers left with normal takedowns if possible to save weapons, if not just be sure to eliminate em or overtake em
now you can finish the race with most racers gone (or on red health and driving very carefully) AND cops at red health - both will have hardly any weapons left

good cops and good racers
pretty much the same strategy as above for good cops, BUT with good racers your taking a risk by hanging back near last place.
Good racers will be able to take out cops, and if they're ahead of you will usually be able to stay ahead until the end.
Both good cops and racers will know to save some weapons until the end

So all you can do here is follow a few golden rules
- Always save weapons until the middle-last bit of the race - don't even need to use em in the first few miles, e.g if a cop has EMP on you don't waste jammer early, spin around
- Taking 1st place early on ain't a good idea because of roadblocks and choppers, aim for 2nd or 3rd until you think cops have used the majority of their weapons
- Fight cops, don't try and outrun them because they're always faster than you with tuned cars and faster replenishing nitrous. If need be get behind em and EMP em
- Take the good shortcuts wherever possible to avoid choppers/roadblocks
- Always take the opportunity to takedown another racer, its a race after all

PLAYING AS COPS

only 1 strategy really which works for almost all games.

- Don't waste your weapons early on, an early roadblock and chopper won'd do anything. Instead let your fellow cops use all their weapons to slow down racers and lower their health, then you can come in for the cleanups with EMPs and spike strips.
- Save a roadblock and chopper until the last parts of the race, roadblock could be what stops someone from crossing the line, and a chopper spike is bound to get a bust when a red health racer is towards the end
- Don't underestimate smashing into racers. A good smash to the side can do a ton of damage, try and deal as much damage this way as possible and finish racers with your weapons
- When a racer crashes e.g roadblock try and pin him down, if your quick enough you can get an easy bust if your car is close enough

jambo

No_Style said:
I'm also curious about the PC version. It's either the PS3 or the PC version for me. Are there lots of PC GAF folks who I can add for AutoLog purposes here?
Me, me! Please someone else get it on PC :lol

iNvidious01 said:

also new DLC announced!

13 new events
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- GUMPERT Apollo S

Good to see a release date. But I thought it was 19 new events?

Anyway, good that it's only 560 pts.

This and Bad Company 2 Vietnam! Woo-hoo!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
never really enjoyed racing games until B:pARADISE; think i would be into this?

i'd try the demo to see, but, well. . . you know.

Levi

Banned
Just snagged the game today, loving it (which I expected, I loved Paradise), only problem is I know people on my PSN friends list have this game but my Autolog is blank. Does it take time to sync or something? Autolog was one of the things I was most looking forward to. :(

VsRobot said:
Just snagged the game today, loving it (which I expected, I loved Paradise), only problem is I know people on my PSN friends list have this game but my Autolog is blank. Does it take time to sync or something? Autolog was one of the things I was most looking forward to. :(
Did you purchase it used? You should have the Limited Edition/Online code that came with the game. Than I believe it should work.

Terrible music, game's pretty fun. So much fucking waiting around in terms of presentation, sure the load times are great but every race I have to sit there for 20+ seconds looking at what new car I've won or some stupid intro to the race which I don't care about.

Either way solid racer. Can't see myself spending a ton of time with it but a nice game for relaxing with a custom soundtrack.

USF

pic.jpg

photomode <3

Top Bottom